[Lex Talionis] Fire Emblem 8 Reimagine/Resource (Final Beta Pt.1 released!)

It worked! I’ll start working my way through them! :grin:… Unfortunately, the L’arachel bug still seems to be crashing :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Really?! O.o I even made sure she isn’t even moving when she exits that scene :roll_eyes: Maybe something with the engine update broke that scene again.

Just to note, I did not make that scene, it was premade with the engine so I blame the people who premade it haha xD

1 Like

Ok, I think it should work this time. I believe the engine update might have messed it up. I think because the ’ in L’archel causes syntax errors in the code, so I changed her code name to Larchel and it seemed to fix the problems. I can get through the chapter just fine now ^.^; I learned how to zip the files before hand on Google drive so it is lot quicker for me to upload, just FYI.

Also, I have been deleting the debug saves so I believe you should be good to try to import your saves now :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Yayy! Finally past it! Can’t wait to try all the new chapters :grin:!

1 Like

Awesome! :sunglasses::grin: Thank you for your patience :pray: It helps out a ton having you letting me know th crashes :dizzy: Hopefully should be able to play it all the way through now :pray:

Of course, I enjoy doing it! Haha, well got past L’arachel, but the chapter does not wasn’t to end :joy:, even with all the enemies defeated.

1 Like

Ok, that might be my bad. I changed the win condition of the level so i didn’t have to replay it a million times and probably just goofed on fixing it back. One minute and I’ll get that fixed :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok, so somehow the win condition check got set to ‘Visit’ instead of ‘Combat_end’ so that’s why the game wasn’t progressing haha ^.^; Also, I caught another bug that stopped the turn 2 reinforcements from coming, so that works now too.

1 Like

Awesome :grin:! It worked out, started at 5, and discovered a bug where when Vanessa visited the village the game crashed. Not sure if it’s just her visiting the village or anyone :person_shrugging:. The village in the bottom right corner, with Tethys :dancer:.

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re finally past the endless chapter 4 haha xD

Ok, I’ll check that out then :thinking: Hopefully after chapter 5 it should be more smooth since those were the ones handcrafted by me :thinking:

1 Like

Ok, got it fixed :+1: It was an issue with the variable to see how many villages are saved at the end of the chapter. Do you mind making two saves to and see if it works correctly at the end please? If you save all 4 villages at the end, it is supposed to trigger a scene where a man gives you a guiding ring. I want to see if my expression works out correctly; Reward for saving the villages, and no reward for not saving the villages. :open_hands:

Also, half way done with 11A. Things were a little busy today with my wife and son, so didn’t have as much time to work on it haha ^.^;

1 Like

The Alpha has been updated to Chapter 13A and Chapter 12B. There has been some bug fixes like talk events not working, and staff exp has been fixed to it’s increased amount.

1 Like

Hey! Just started back up with it, and downloaded the latest version, and things seem to be running smoothly :grin:, successfully got the dracoshield, and I’ll do a version of the chapter 5 with and without saving all the villages. The only thing is the staff exp does not seem to have gone up, using Natasha and she’s getting like 12 not 30, just wanted to note that!

1 Like

Also not sure if this is intended or not but the dracoshield goes to the bottom row for items, doesn’t matter at all, just think it’s kind of funny :laughing:

1 Like

In the Lex Talionis engine, it moves equipped accessories to the bottom of the inventory similarly to fe9.

1 Like

Ahh that’s cool

1 Like

Also, not sure why, but in chapter 5, when soldier attacked Garcia, and he and Neimi counter-attacked and killed him, the game crashed. :confused:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the update! The staff exp might be something that might need a full restart/ map completion for. I’ll double check though :thinking:
Yeah, so far I have just one accessory is Equippable at a time for now, but that might change. Once I’m done with coding the story, one of the next things I’m working on is a full item rebalance. I’m gonna add a ton of new weapons, items, etc. So that’ll be fun when I get to that haha.

Was the crash during the animation, and like flash white? It might be an animation crash. Sometimes when when an attack misses, an animation has incorrectly placed check on it, causing it to crash. If not, we’ll have to see if can recreate it :thinking:

Thank you for answering for me :pray: I was away from my phone for a bit haha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure to be honest, sorry it’s vague, I just know it was a soldier attacking from above the arena, and actually Neimi was on the other side of the map, so it might have been Natasha. Yeah, this is a new chapter, so I’ll see if the staff exp is different!

1 Like