Let's Play: Dream of Five

Despite it not being finished, I thought it would be a fun time to look back at one of the community’s most beloved unfinished projects: Dream of Five

This will probably be up on weekends exclusively (Fri/Sat/Sun) and the rest of the week I’ll dedicate to another Let’s Play

14 Likes

Love me some Garath. Great jagen

2 Likes

Great pick. Dream of Five, despite its flaws and questionable design choices, is gorgeous, has excellent dialogue overall, and was a memorable experience. One of the best looking hacks out there, if not the best.

A route or B route though??

2 Likes

All aboard the Kolbane Train again.

2 Likes

no idea
guess that could be a poll, thanks for reminding me it’s a thing lol

• Route A
  • Route B

0 voters

1 Like

B route has a boat map but 8Ax is a wild ride. I’m torn.

1 Like

I kind of felt like the dialogue was unnecessarily flowery and lol @ the enemies giving like 13 EXP per kill because they couldn’t figure out how to get rid of the ENM EXP bonus

Still, it was a fun time while it lasted

1 Like

I get what you mean. I think the floweryness adds to the charm, most of the characters have a distinct voice imo.

Arcus’ monologue in the journal is prob one of the best written pieces I’ve seen in a romhack.

Enemies giving no exp was weak though lol

1 Like

Something else to enjoy. Keep up the good work and stuff but this hack was a fun play all those years ago.

1 Like

it doesnt look as good as i remember it visually speaking. Still, quite the benchmark for fe hacking graphically for a while there.

1 Like

I wonder, is it even necessary to post each video here
3 Likes

yatzee
2 Likes

(game audio’s a teeny bit loud this time Eric)

Chester, more like Bester. Forgot about them ambush spawns too, man it sure has been a while. So many design choices in this that I wouldn’t do nowadays but I respect the moxie today.

1 Like

I complain a lot I realize that
2 Likes

He’s just happy to be a part of the Rankin’ File.

The most fatal sound you’ll ever hear in this line of work - the dreaded hacking screech. :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Ask long as you have fun complaining that is all that matters.

1 Like

oh right, I forgot I did this edit

might do another that shrinks the map but I decided I might as well make a modification since I complained about the one-tile chokepoints so much :B

2 Likes

rip in rip
2 Likes

Sad Renair and Angry Renair are treasures.

1 Like

mfw rewatching the ending scene.

2 Likes