Introducing the world map after the Prologue

Hello.

Like many others, I’ve been having a lot of trouble with the world map.

I’m doing a hack, and my intention is to start the world map after the prologue chapter (in the original FE8, the world map appears after chapter 1, so I’m trying to do it one chapter sooner).

I’m not sure how to do it, and the more I tinker around, the more confused I get.

The prologue chapter works correctly, and, in the end event, I’ve put the command to go to Castle Frelia chapter next. But apparently that wasn’t enough, because I was still kept in a prologue loop. And when I actually managed to display the map, the prologue wouldn’t work anymore. Instead, the game would inmediately start in the world map, with Castle Frelia being the inminent destination.

I can attach a report7z if it’s necessary, although any general tips that could help me fix it are welcome.

1 Like

I’d also like to know more about how to create a world map for my hack. Is there already a tutorial or answer for this? If so, maybe a member could link it here?

These are what I found. Hope they help.

2 Likes

Yup, those two tutorials are very useful to read before starting to build the world map.
According to PentV’s, I need to start the world map with the event of Frelia Castle, and that’s what I’ve been trying to do. But I’m not getting anywhere yet. Guess I’ll have to keep touching things until it works.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing these!