[Indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Fire Emblem: Midnight Sun was the first full-custom FE8 ROM hack, released in 2014. It was really popular back in the day, being downloaded more than 90,000 times, but in 2017 it was cancelled for personal reasons.

I never abandoned that dream though, and in 2019 I announced “Path of the Midnight Sun”, a full-fledged indie game which is a spiritual successor to the FE hack.

After 3 years (and over 10,000 hours) of development, Midnight Sun is ready to be released in Q3 2022!
You can watch the newest trailer here:

If you like the game and/or you’d like to support us, PLEASE WISHLIST THE GAME ON STEAM, it helps a lot due to how the Steam algorithm works. And it only takes 5 seconds. Thanks in advance!

Content overview:

• Choose your own Adventure
    Every choice matters in this story-driven game with its compelling and dynamic narrative.
    Influence your characters’ stats and unlock new combat & romance options!

• Beautiful art animated in Live2D
    All of the art in Path of the Midnight Sun is hand-drawn and animated with the Live2D technology to fully preserve the artist’s touch.
    There are over 150 models in the game!

• Fully orchestrated SoundTrack
    Every track in the game has been carefully planned and composed with a lot of love.
    The OST features more than 3 hours of orchestrated music!

• Professional Voice Over
    More than 50 characters have been voiced by professional voice actors who have big roles in the anime & gaming industry!

• The tactics of an RPG with the narrative depth of a VN
    Path of the Midnight Sun has its own gameplay twist. We wanted to create a fresh and unique gameplay experience.

• Interact with the world!
    There’s a lot you can do in the world of Arvium. With a point-and-click system, you can investigate the locales to uncover mysteries and collect materials used for forging & cooking.

• Customize your characters
    Every main character has a flexible Skill Tree which fosters replayability. In addition to that, their relationships and mental state also influence their proficency in combat.

• Recruit Adjutants
    During your adventure you’ll meet many characters that can be recruited to aid you in combat. These Adjutants expand your team’s tactics for ever-changing combos and possibilities!

83 Likes

What a pleasant surprise with that sweet, surprising twist! It’s absolutely valid that sometimes, projects don’t go as planned and one has to scrap them to build 'em again. So there’s no need to worry, should you feel that way sometimes. The important part is that you have fun with your current ideas, and they work out the way you’d like them to! I’m sure you’ll do great!! :blush:

12 Likes

JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST MIDNIGHT SUN IS AN INDIE GAME

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

(screw discourse and its Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence? nonsense)

10 Likes

If it isn’t a 2 mil $ goal i’m not donating

4 Likes

Hit me up for design advice, wink wonk. Super excited though, congrats!

3 Likes

WHOA! This is unexpected. I was a huge fan of you original hack back in the day, huge congrats for getting to make it an official indie game!

3 Likes

I knew you had it in you, Alfie. I’m hella stoked to see you taking things this far and I couldn’t be prouder.

6 Likes

Okay, this is epic

3 Likes

Super excited to hear this, MS was one of my first FE romhacks and I liked it a lot, I got kinda sad when I heard it got cancelled.

Congrats!

2 Likes

6 Likes

Holy geez this is awesome

2 Likes

If this makes it onto switch, that’ll be wild, looking forward to the release and I’ll be watching the direct!

3 Likes

wait what

yes
YES
YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

MIDNIGHT SUN IS BACK

This seems amazing! I’m excited to learn more about this new version of Midnight Sun once it comes out. The original still is to this day an incredible hack, and I’m sure you can do even more creative and interesting stuff now that you’re not working in GBAFE or Magvel. FEXNA when

5 Likes

what an actual madman, you grabbed your dream and made it come to life, you are a god amongst the man

3 Likes

midnight%20sun%20meme

5 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to what your announcement was going to be… so very stoked for you Alfred! This is a must watch!

3 Likes

Well, this is certainly not something I ever expected. I’m curious to see how this will turn out.

4 Likes

Congrats on being able to not only revive a project but make it into it’s own game!

3 Likes

Congrats on the new venture! I’m looking forward to it, Midnight Sun was always a great game!

3 Likes

Seeing an indie dev coming from the FE community is super exciting - congrats on taking that first step! I can’t wait to check out the presentation tomorrow!

7 Likes