[Indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

my brain is exploding

5 Likes

I feel deeply moved by the warm response, thank you all guys!
-8 hours left!

8 Likes

Gratz.
My 1st screen shot of MS about 3 or 4 years ago.fe%20midnight%20sun%20U-1

4 Likes

does this mean i wont get mega blessed andres anymore

ALSO HOLY SHIT AWFKJASCKLJX:ALSJGJ

6 Likes

What do you use for the game engine?
Do you develop from scratch?
If so, please release the game engine as an environment where can create FE-like games.

5 Likes

Just watched the direct and it looks really good! Keep it up!

I was pretty happy to see Menmus coming back, also looking foward to the adjutant mechanic, hopefully you can pull it off better than what FE16 did.

Though, I wonder, is every character from the MS romhack coming back? or just some of them are?

3 Likes

All of them are coming back!

10 Likes

whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
alfred came back with a vengeance

ff-esque combat is never my favorite, but some of my favorite games utilize it, so thatā€™s not really a bad thing
iā€™m not only excited for you, but proud of what you managed to achieve!

iā€™ll be waiting in feb

4 Likes

The combat doesnā€™t look very final fantasy to me.

I pledged the Legendary Hero tier.

Get hyped for the Divine Lightning Hero, VERGIL.

15 Likes

You spent over four hundred dollars for a meme.

Godspeed, Arch.

3 Likes

11 Likes

It looks pretty solid for a VN. The only issues I see are that the battle animations are a bit clunky and that itā€™s a bit odd to see such large numbers being thrown around considering this originated as an FE game. The VN elements look pretty great though and are the highlight of whatā€™s shown so far.

Looking forward to the eventual release. Would be happy to have this as part of my Switch library!

Iā€™m hyped, but after watching the trailer I have one question.

question

Can you pet the dog?

4 Likes

OML I canā€™t wait to see Puledra and Andre again!

It might sell well thanks to the fans here.

This

shall piercā€¦
Wait, wrong games.

1 Like

this divine meme shall pierce the community! oh waitā€¦

anyways,this looks pretty promissing. a bit stiff and clunky in the artstyle department,but otherwise is a really interessting concept that I have not seen before in that capacity,

Dibs on voice acting Vergil!

Divine Lightning!

Now, never having played the Midnight Sun romhack, here are some random impressions I have from the video:

• The way the combat UI is laid out reminds me heavily of a dungeon RPG, more so than anything.
  • The idea of MP starting at zero and going up isnā€™t exactly new. Makes me think of Tactics Ogre, in specific. However, I canā€™t recall any game that made that a part of the story and how magic works in the world. Gameplay/story integration is always a plus.
  • The idea of the excess MP being collected by a character who can use it to purchase upgrades for everyone, now thatā€™s new. Combine that with the ā€˜every turn takes real timeā€™, and that was the point where I started to get legitimately interested in this.

And questions:

• Sanity? Thatā€™s an awfully loaded word. Any specific reason you chose to call it that over something like ā€˜Mindā€™?
  • Will there be difficulty selection or will I have to make a difficulty mod? How would you describe the gameā€™s difficulty?
  • Iā€™m guessing there are combat usable consumable items. Are there abilities that donā€™t use MP? What options do you have at the start of fights when you have little MP?
  • How dark is this ā€˜dark fantasyā€™?
  • Will there be route splits? Multiple endings?
  • Iā€™m guessing the point of view switches between different characters as the game goes on?
  • What engine is the game made in and/or what language is it coded in?
1 Like