Incest in my hack

I have an intellectual curiosity.
It is a driving force to move forward.

2 Likes

I’m going to be honest, it’s really questionable saying stuff like this. Especially in this context.
Can we like, not advocate for this kind of thing and come off as a creep?

Thread really should be locked sometime in the future else were get more people wilding out.

I can’t say anything about the context because of the translation issue.
I just think it is.

No because it is taboo.
It’s no good because it’s considered illegal.
It is no good because it is against doctrine.

This is not enough to convince us.
We are intelligent human beings, so we have to come up with a theory and reason.

And if the disadvantages can be resolved and the advantages outweigh them, then nothing will be wrong.

1 Like

Humanity has also been shown to be selfish, so in the very theoretical situation where one could have access to tools to “fix” such issues, who is to say they wouldn’t wall them behind the most rich/influential?

Or who is to say that it wouldn’t lead to eugenics and a tech development war towards who can craft the ‘stronger’ kid?

You mention magic for its potential solution, and for such, there would be the need for the following:

• Research towards fixing genetic mutations
  • The need for a market that would want such

Such magic wouldn’t be used to “fix” the surprise issues derived from an inbred marriage.

For “incestuous” children in a theoretically fantasy setting to not be seen as ‘frowned upon’ there would require to be a massive shift in philosophy, technology and rewiring human nature - and even then, even if you do solve such, there is hardly a benefit from such marriages and births.

Additionally, consider the main ‘medieval era’ appeal of marriage - influence, gaining riches, and expanding oneself. Thus, marriages would be sought for what they could be given as a consequence in the upper class. Lords would marry other lords for land, merchants for trade. Kings would send off daughters as a token of diplomacy, and there would be tributes coming either way.

An inbred marriage leads to staleness. There is as much gain as variety in the gene pool of an inbred child.

1 Like

Alright, I think this thread has more than run its course.
This started when one user asked a legitimate question, whether including incest in their hack or not is a good idea. They were convinced against including it at post 31, eight days ago. Yet this thread has gone on for another fifty posts. When this thread was first made, I was against locking it for a very simple reason: incest is a topic Fire Emblem addresses. Since canon Fire Emblem touches on incest, I see no reason why a sufficiently skilled writer can’t touch on incest in their romhack.
That being said, this thread has gone around in circles arguing about the merits of writing about incest and other such taboo subjects.

At this point the thread’s gone into sniping at each other, and we’re now looking into a debate on eugenics, which is well off-topic. Ultimately, the OP asked whether or not adding incest to their hack is a good idea, and this thread has long since derailed from that topic.

18 Likes