Incest in my hack

I only brought up Freud as a joke. Haha.

But yeah. In short, official FE has done sensitive topics too, so hackers shouldn’t hold themselves back.

Also, another thing that I think has been overlooked so far in this thread is that hacks, by their very nature, are never gonna come out finished on the first iteration. And thus, are subject to change. OP can rework the story as they see fit down the line.

3 Likes

I figured that, but I also thought that I might as well put my own grain of knowledge, as little as it may be :sweat_smile:

Bruh I followed The Sun God’s Wrath since it was 5 chapters, the game changed almost entirely every update :rofl:

2 Likes

As long as its use in a way thats a tool for story telling and its not like you’re supporting incest everywhere in irl then id say go for it.

But still, since its your first story, i can’t say whether its a good idea to have incest to an extent since theres gonna he some people frowning at the sight of it, and it of course won’t give a good first impressions on those people, which could cause them to not want to look into the rest of your future storys, but, i don’t think you should really mind those people that hate on things just cuz of specific small themes, do what you think is best for your story, after all its your story so who knows more about what the best option to take for your story than you.

One of the most famous legends has incest in it: The Legend of King Arthur. Nothing more needs to be said at this point. Incest is perfectly suitable for a game (Fire Emblem) that bases most of it’s lore off of Shakespearean theatre. (I’m also laughing about it, because it could be seen as somewhat absurd.).

15 Likes

This thread somehow managed to stay alive for 40 posts after OP decided against including incest in their project.

Do you people not have other things to work on? If you’ve got a lot of spare time and want to make equally useless forum posts elsewhere I’d suggest checking out this new epic group project (which is epic).

9 Likes

Yknow it’s kinda funny how the thread is alive and that somehow dies emblem has been linked twice lol

6 Likes

Excellently put. And you made your points with no personal attacks either.
Some people could stand to learn a thing or two from you.

Bruh, like throwing back my words in my face and adding a :flushed: or whatever that was at the end, as well as “you seem weirdly upset about this, man”. What kind of definition do some of the people on here have of civilised discussion here anyway? ( that thingie is something written in the FEU rules policy, btw, if I’m not mistaken)

THANK YOU! Preach it louder to the people in the back!
I have been a regular fanfiction reader since high school, and to come on here and see stuff like “FE romhacks aren’t the appropriate medium to explore more mature topics” is really bizarre to me.

I could use the “we could literally die at any moment. Why not write what you want while you can?” card, but then I would have even more assumptions made about me. Like, in what kind of dystopia are we now living in that a user can participate in a public conversation, and then get outright insulted and made fun of by the opposing party not in private, by talking about it with friends or whatnot, but publicly, and in the same discussion, while whoever is in charge just stands idly by.

To be honest, I’ve been waiting for the esteemed owner of this website to shut this thread for a while now, since, ya know, their only contribution to this conversation was: "Finally, someone ridicule these fools and get the perfect reply so they can feel humilitated:

Anyways, to get back to you:

I am not a hacker, and came here just to discuss (You know, like the Community tag entails?), and got treated like a gum stuck beneath someone’s shoes for my troubles.

TLDR: I humbly apologize for not being able to see the light sooner like some of you, and was not able to immediately grasp the noble intention of keeping Fire Emblem Romhacks pure and not-edgy.
Now that I’ve been insulted and mocked I feel much better, and can more easily see your point of view.

yeah it was a :flushed: emoji

10 Likes

I have zero issue with the OP, the guy came in with a question and was receptive to answers. But some of the replies in this thread have shown a remarkable willingness to embarrass themselves in public by making this their hill to die on, that cousin-fucking is some kind of Worthy Statement™, a crusade against a grand Illuminati. In my view the fact that people feel bold enough to raise their heads above the parapet for this of all things signals a worrying failure of bullying in the Fire Emblem community, and I for one welcome BigMood’s efforts to remind people to feel shame at their impropriety.

13 Likes

I want to let it be known that I am completely in favor of cousin*(except your own)-fucking and that it is a very Worthy Statement™.

2 Likes

Is this thread still going to continue?

I have explained before that there are advantages to inbreeding.
I believe that if we could magically eliminate genetic diseases, we would eliminate the disadvantages of inbreeding and gain only the advantages.

Why is consanguineous marriage bad? Each field of study gives a different answer to this question.
There is an interesting youtube video I am referring to, but it is in Japanese literature, so it is hard to post the link.
It is interesting to think about the taboos in human history (murder, consanguineous marriage, cannibalism, etc.) and why they are considered no-no.

And once you know why they are considered no-no’s, if you can solve them, it becomes possible.
There are some advantages, too.

For example, homosexuality used to be considered a sin, but that is not the case today.
Of course, there are cultures where homosexuality is considered a sin.

Similarly, there are animals that should not be eaten.
Some religions and cultures forbid eating pigs, cows, and four-legged animals.
Some cultures prohibit alcohol or allow polygamy.

Even if something is taboo, it is interesting to think and see why it is not allowed and what would happen if it were possible.

2 Likes

Hoo boy. Uh… I think we’ve explored this topic enough.
I don’t normally say this, but we probably could do with the thread getting locked now.

6 Likes

Arvis wrote this post guys no way I can’t believe the emperor of Grannvale made FEBuilder

Im not reading all that lil bro. Congratulations or sorry it happened, whatever applies.

1 Like

I have an intellectual curiosity.
It is a driving force to move forward.

2 Likes

I’m going to be honest, it’s really questionable saying stuff like this. Especially in this context.
Can we like, not advocate for this kind of thing and come off as a creep?

Thread really should be locked sometime in the future else were get more people wilding out.

I can’t say anything about the context because of the translation issue.
I just think it is.

No because it is taboo.
It’s no good because it’s considered illegal.
It is no good because it is against doctrine.

This is not enough to convince us.
We are intelligent human beings, so we have to come up with a theory and reason.

And if the disadvantages can be resolved and the advantages outweigh them, then nothing will be wrong.

1 Like

Humanity has also been shown to be selfish, so in the very theoretical situation where one could have access to tools to “fix” such issues, who is to say they wouldn’t wall them behind the most rich/influential?

Or who is to say that it wouldn’t lead to eugenics and a tech development war towards who can craft the ‘stronger’ kid?

You mention magic for its potential solution, and for such, there would be the need for the following:

• Research towards fixing genetic mutations
  • The need for a market that would want such

Such magic wouldn’t be used to “fix” the surprise issues derived from an inbred marriage.

For “incestuous” children in a theoretically fantasy setting to not be seen as ‘frowned upon’ there would require to be a massive shift in philosophy, technology and rewiring human nature - and even then, even if you do solve such, there is hardly a benefit from such marriages and births.

Additionally, consider the main ‘medieval era’ appeal of marriage - influence, gaining riches, and expanding oneself. Thus, marriages would be sought for what they could be given as a consequence in the upper class. Lords would marry other lords for land, merchants for trade. Kings would send off daughters as a token of diplomacy, and there would be tributes coming either way.

An inbred marriage leads to staleness. There is as much gain as variety in the gene pool of an inbred child.

1 Like