How to recreate mechanics from other FEs in FE8?

, ,

The first sadd should be 8 = 0 + 0 to make sure there isn’t some other value in slot 8, and the others should be 8 = C + 0, otherwise you’re adding previous values. Aside from that, seems right.

For the second one, assuming flag 8 is the one used for all doors, the event doesn’t need a completion flag, and it should turn flag 8 off. As it is, it only lets you unlock 1 door and prevent the others from being unlocked.

And how can I compare with another group for example the same way FE7. Dorcas and friends VS Lucius and friends.

Each door has its own flag, which I tested and works very well. thanks

And how can I compare with another group for example the same way FE7. Dorcas and friends VS Lucius and friends.

Just do the same thing with the different units and save the results in a different memory slot. Then you compare the two memory slots and branch depending on which value is higher.

Each door has its own flag, which I tested and works very well. thanks

It’s a waste to use one flag for each door, it’s only necessary if it matters which doors were opened instead of how many. Now that I think about it, you don’t even need any flags if you’re using a counter.

then the best is to change this event to the door’s events?

and delete this?:

Yeah, the counter can be increased at the time a door is opened, so you don’t need any flags or extra events.

As a side note, the counter add and subtract events always do it by 1, it doesn’t matter what you put as the value.

I tried to put the event in the door object but the door didn’t open

You might just have to trigger the tile change in the event too then.

Oh, right