How to recreate mechanics from other FEs in FE8?

, ,

Hello, I have been keeping an eye on your project for a while. Its a really cool endeavor and i’d thought i’d help. See the link to an example i created for you. Dropbox - Random Sieze Test.ups - Simplify your life

There is a random number generator patch that creates a number between two specified values. As a test, i created 4 seize points, each having a number associated with them (1 through 4). At the start of the chapter, a random number is created. That number is compared and whichever comparison is successful, a flag will be set.

When you go to seize one the 4 castles, that flag is checked. If it is the correct castle, the chapter will end. If it is not correct, you will get a message from Eirika saying it is not the correct castle. You can tell which castle is correct by the gold value given at the start.
1 Gold = 1
5 Gold = 2
10 Gold = 3
50 Gold = 4
I removed all the events from the prologue except for the ones i created so you should be able to find and see what i did.

1 Like

How can I start a reinforcement event that occurs every two turns and only runs four times, after stepping inside a range?

event counters

turn event that is always active and does nothing until a flag is set, range event that sets that flag when a valid unit enters the range, use 1 counter to track whether it’s a turn you should spawn reinforcements on, and use another counter to track how many times you’ve spawned reinforcements. once the second counter has a value of 4, set the flag associated with the turn event to stop it entirely

Do you have an example of that?

I was going through the death quotes in FE7 and I came across this what is it for?

Those are branches. Since FE7’s eventing system doesn’t have memory slots nor counters, branches can only be done with ASM. Replicating it in FE8 would be even simpler.

It will display the “when disabled” quote if the ASM function returns false, or the other quote (that is mislabelled as Y) if it returns true. The ASMC in question, according to the Fire Emblem wiki at least, returns true if the game has been beaten at least 8 times or data from FE6 has been imported.

2 Likes

There’s an ASM patch that adds the Augury mechanic:

It just displays a dialogue text string. But it gets the job done

so these death quotes are activated depending on whether you have played the game several times or if you have added FE6 data?
But with Rath’s quote is it if he has to support A with Lyn, or am I wrong?

I had already come across it and I have tried it, but I don’t know how to configure it; with fear of being wrong, I think it starts to activate in FE8 exactly in the chapter with ID=0x05 when I would occupy it just in the chapter with ID=0x0C, besides there are several chapters where it should be omitted (like the Valni’s Tower or the Lagdou ruins).

I keep finding weird things in FE7, from turn 1 to 8 NPC in chapter 4 runs this veto and calls ASM to the same conversation event of Dorcas and Natalie what is it for?

use shinan patch.

NAME.en=Guide Event(Shinan)@EA(Editor)
INFO.en=Enables creation of guide/tutorial events for each chapter to give the player hints, demonstrate new concepts, etc.\r\nPlease make an event that tells the user how to clear the chapter.\r\nTo assign a new event, specify 0 as the event pointer.\r\nWhen you set the event pointer to 0, a new allocate button appears\r\n

The advantages of using Shinan are as follows

1. it can be called from the game menu, so you can refer to it many times during the map.
  2. it can be implemented in events, so you can do more advanced things.

The disadvantages are as follows

1. Since it is implemented as an event, it cannot be called from the preparation screen.

Does anybody know how to change the colors of this safely??

Click on Palette Editor

I did that but when I test it a lot of things shine on the battle screen like the numbers

Try to replace only the colors that are used to the numbers an letters
Just those. Edit those and see what happens

I tried that too and occurs the same shine

In that case bro … I recommend to not touch those sprites xD sorry … I hope you find a way to fix it

Trap, well that day will come (I hope)

1 Like

some time ago on this topic 7743 and Vesly helped me to understand how to check the experience of a group of units, but now I need to know how to make a comparison of experience between two groups of units.

Question 2:
For Harken or Karel to appear in chapter 25 where jerme is the boss we have to open at least 4 if you want Karel from what I understand. How could I check how many doors have been opened? I think it could be done with flags but it would be too big.

If you are interested in doing the event the doors I designed have from flag 0x08 to flag 0x0E.

1 Like

FE8 has mathematical event commands, which you can use to calculate and compare the experience amounts.

If it doesn’t matter which doors are open, you can just use 1 flag and have an Always Event to increment a counter every time a door is opened. Then when it’s time for the unit to spawn, you check the value of the counter and branch based on it.

I guess you’re talking about SADD. I did this to check the LV of my lords.

is something similar? Do you have any examples for comparing the exp of two groups?

something like this?

1 Like