Hiraeth Legacies

bro are you talking about the one with the screenshots that i thought was an eyesore or the edit i just did i am so panick

2 Likes

It’s one of the best title screens I’ve ever seen for a romhack. Elegant in its simplicity. The only one I like more is SOA’s title image.

4 Likes

That one. I really like it.

7 Likes

Should have left those preview images for the site banner. It instantly gave me a lot of information regarding how much work went into the hack and made it stand out.

1 Like

Placing two images adjacent to each other is wonky because the formatting is inconsistent due to the collage being so large. I don’t feel like fiddling with tools too much to reachieve that effect, so, I guess the collage will have to be at 75% size. It’s less readable but should still look good. Thank you for your input.

1 Like

The positive response has been incredibly encouraging, and I hope everything has been going well for all of you.

After reading the changelog and realizing that I’ve said that Phase 1 was completed something like three times, I feel I should explain what the plans currently are, and be more transparent.

Aside from the fact I forgot to give Cedric battle quotes and need to add them, all future updates will only be bugfixes and other minor changes. After that, the following update will unveil Halcyon route, up to Chapter 14. Please stay tuned ‘til then! (Even if it will be a few months)

9 Likes

This is definitely one of the top Rom Hacks out now

2 Likes

I’m glad to see so many people enjoying the hack! The feedback is incredibly appreciated, so feel free to go all out, and we’ll be sure to put it to good use!

5 Likes

Nah no need to rush i think…
I prefer quality over early

it’s a lot, so I just did it in a google doc

I had a good time, and I’m looking forward to what you have to offer on the next update.
Also portrait updates are crisP
Whoever did the lady in the ending cutscene man, you dun got me

3 Likes

Definitely a helpful document; I will be looking through this and updating as I feel it fits the project; I am much appreciative.

I’m willing to go over details via DMs over Discord, but I should note a few of the problems you had (i.e. valkyrie lady yeeting) are explained in-story, and some things such as 1RN are non-negotiable as it is my personal mechanical preference to play Fire Emblem with single roll. This is not to say your complaints are invalid, but rather that there is no baselessness in my decisions. (Early kill Weylan is a sin tho and will be patched in the phase 2 release).

The lady was done by Gamma with Busk’s concept art, which is in the care package.

2 Likes

well my discord is blofeld#3694 so feel free to hit me up

i figured you weren’t going to change single rn or probably the puzzle chapters, I just saw fit to mention my personal vehement distaste of both

The Halcyon puzzle will change.

Do you need some help to translate in French or Spanish or do you have already someone to translate ? i’m kinda curious about that

1 Like

If you are interested please join the development discord and your contributions will be much appreciated.

2 Likes

finally, some peace and quiet

4 Likes

HIRAETH IS HOT TRASH AND HERE’S WHY

NUMBER 1. MAKO HAS WHITE HAIR. ONLY MY LORD IS ALLOWED TO HAVE WHITE HAIR BECAUSE THEN MY HACK IS SPECIAL.

NUMBER 2. PUZZLE CHAPTERS. THERE’S NOT ENOUGH OF THEM. PLEASE TURN THE GAME INTO A HUGE TACTICS DRILL SO I CAN GET MORE ORBS ON FIRE EMBLEM HEROES TO ROLL FOR MY WAIFU BANTU.

NUMBER 3. uh, if you look very closely at mako and halcyon’s marks you’ll notice that when their portraits are flipped to be on the other side, the eye that the mark is under changes. this completely ruins the game 0/10

NUMBER 5. NO DOLL PRF

NUMBER 6. BUSK HAS ONLY MADE ONE MUG FOR MY HACK, LET ME STEAL HIM FOR THE LAST HEAVENLY THRONE

LONG STORY SHORT THIS HACK HAS A LONG WAY TO GO BEFORE IT REACHES THE UPPER ECHELONS OF HACKING HISTORY, LIKE SQUISHERZ, INFLATED DEFLATED EMBLEM, AND OF COURSE PANDAN’S PISS ON QUEST. I PERSONALLY HOPE THAT ZOISITE READS THIS AND GETS IT ENGRAVED ON HER FRONTAL LOBE BECAUSE IT’LL BE THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT THROUGH HER SKULL.

(okay but seriously good hack)

12 Likes

Take your medicine damnit

6 Likes

Yes, you can get Roy in this game, as stated by @anon73479828.

All you have to do is put in the Konami Code after Mako gets her 776th critical hit in a row.

(I’ll put out more fun holiday edits when I’m not more concerned about bringing the best possible product).

2 Likes