Garytop's Display Cabinet

Just started getting into Warhammer 40k. Hyped for the Lion - really well done on his mug! Glorious shoulder pads!

During my hiatus I caught up on some of my video game backlogs which include Xenoblade 3, Fire Emblem Engage, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Pokemon Scarlet and Crisis Core (which was the reason for spriting Cloud 3 months ago). So here have a Saphir from Engage. Perhaps I should do another sprite from the games I did in my backlog.

I’ve updated the main post with the below entry under F2E - Fire Emblem (Fire Emblem Engage - Saphir)

Fire Emblem Engage - Saphir
FE Saphir
So I suppose here is my first sprite of the new game. My S rank girl Saphir. Using white for hair is interesting, it forces a 4 tone hair like pale blondes so you need to get creative or hope your character doesn’t need that many clothing colours. I do like how her hair turned out, but if I were to revist this one, I’d spend the most time on her eyes, I wasn’t quite satisfied with how they turned out but I was eager to move onto other parts of her. I am also happy with how most of her armour turned out, except I think her far shoulder pads need to be a little bigger.

9 Likes

Well I was wondering what to draw next and then after listening to friends get hyped over Tears of the Kingdom, I settled on the Evil King. I’ve always interpreted the ancient artwork of the hero fighting the original Calamity being another Ganondorf and thought it would be cool for a non intially evil or intentionally evil Ganondorf (kind of how Wind Waker’s isn’t outright malevolent and seems more mellowed out) and if he tried to defy his destiny (Demise’s curse) but ultimately succumbed (or didn’t, other writers are out there better than I).

I’ve updated the main post with the below entry under F2E - Other Game Franchises (The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom - Ganondorf)

The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom - Ganondorf
FE Ganondorf TotK
The story trailers for both Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom are what got me on board to buy into Zelda. Previously I only ever owned Phantom Hourglass. I did play Four Swords with friends back in the day and Oracle of Time, but never finished them. This Ganondorf reminds me of the Wind Waker with his clothing style a little bit. He has that cool Half Kimono/Gi thing going on. I did do a version where I attempted his shoulder/neck jewlery but wasn’t happy with it, so I decided on posting this one instead where those were removed.

10 Likes

Hmm there are a lot of things coming out soon that I want to play (Xenoblade 3 Future Redeemed, Advance Wars Reboot Camp, Zelda TotK, Diablo 4, another 2 run throughs of RE4:Remake), so we’ll see what happens, perhaps it may inspire me to sprite certain characters or come up with some design ideas.

I’ve updated the main post with the below entry under F2E - Non Game Franchises (Gundam The Witch From Mercury - Suletta Mercury + Fantasy Alt)

Gundam The Witch From Mercury - Suletta Mercury
FE Suletta
So I haven’t watched an anime series in a while (I didn’t watch any during the lockdown years) so WFM was the first series I’ve watched in a while. I didn’t go in with much expectations, but I do like this series. It starts off with a kind of Mecha school setting with an awkward protagonist (RWBY, Harry Potter, Three Houses) but this ain’t my first Gundam and looking at the context of things you could see the serious undertones and understanding the severity of the choices made definitely make this a Gundam series. Not quite 100% on board with how her clothes turned out, nor her hair shading, but I think it turned out well overall. Also for some modern clothed characters (for a lot of OCs I’ve done in the past (not posted)) I have also done fantasy alts of, which is why I did a fantasy armoured alt of Suletta, which was Wyvern Rider/Gundam Aerial armour inspired, with a colour scheme also inspired by the Aerial 2.0 Gundam (probably one of my favourite modern Gundam designs, reminds me of the GP01 fb, which is one of my favourites).
+Fantasy Alt
FE Suletta (Armoured)

9 Likes

That’s some amazing artwork. Did you make a Zelda (Twilight Princess) portrait ?

I’ve never done a Zelda portrait, I know back in the day when I first started out the Twilight Princess/Smash Brawl versions of the Triforce trio were popular sprites (Link, Ganondorf and Zelda) I recall a few artists took their stab at them back then, but you know doing a google search maybe its been too long to see who did them exactly (kind of sad reflecting on the loss of art, my gut wants to say it was one of either; BwdYeti, TBA/Dei, Asvel or MK404, but my memory of those times isn’t amazing), but hey maybe you can be the change you want to see.

I’ve updated the main post with the below entry under F2E - Other Game Franchises (Resident Evil 4 Remake - Leon Kennedy - Hero Outfit)

Resident Evil 4 Remake - Leon Kennedy - Hero Outfit
FE Leon Hero
I’ll say, the RE4 Remake has to be one of my most favourite games I’ve played in recent years. I loved playing the original one on the wii which was my first RE game. Leon is by far my favourite RE protagonist. This outfit and design is based on his “Hero” outfit with the eyepatch extra added, which was my favourite get up aside from his default look in Remake. It also looks like it could suit the medieval setting too. To be honest I’ve been sitting on this one for a bit, but decided to finish it off so I can move onto another sprite. I think I should of maybe made his clothes a bit bigger, so it avoids a bit of the long neck syndrome.

Here is what his outfit looks like in RE4 Remake:
P.S The romantic outfit is also my favourite Ashley outfit, although I am mixed on her hair colour in that one.

7 Likes

Well I didn’t get around to doing a Advance Wars theme’d mug but instead another Intelligent Systems property… Time to play some Zelda!

I’ve updated the main post with the below entry under F2E - Fire Emblem (FE RD - Ike Vanguard)
Fire Emblem RD - Ike Vanguard

Fire Emblem RD - Ike Vanguard
So I was looking through some pictures I saved to my computer and found cool artwork of Ike and a selection of the Greil Mercenaries done by Novice back in 2018 (reference to La Liberte guidant le peuple) and liked that pose for Ike in that picture. So I decided to sprite Ike in a similar pose since everyone else just usually copies his Radiant Dawn artwork. Funnily enough it ends up being similar to his Ranger pose from Path of Radiance instead. The advantage of this pose is his shoulder pad doesnt take up nearly as much as insertion real estate. I went with the FEH styled collar where the lining is more silver/grey than green, which helps with the colour limits. Overall happy with how this turned out, the only gripe I have is how his closer collar is overlapping his face which gives it a slightly funny shape, so for reference here is topless Ike to see his face better;

• Shirtless
11 Likes

Welp done with Zelda so here is my first sprite since being done. I can see why the internet fell in love with her new design. Honestly Tears had a lot of cool designs in it.

I’ve updated the main post with the below entry under F2E - Other Game Franchises (The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom - Purah)

The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom - Purah
FE Purah
So I finished Tears of the Kingdom and I enjoyed it, I would say if you enjoyed BotW then TotK is definitely a sequel and has plenty of content and does not feel like DLC. I decided to do do Purah, and quickly realised how many colours she has on her. I had to get real creative with her colour pallette with her skin tones being used in pretty much every other aspect of her (hair, goggles, shirt/jacket). I really like her new design, I like it more than her AoC design, she seems more mature. I was going to do a hand pose or something along with this portrait, but couldn’t settle on a pose I liked, so decided to not do one in the end.
+No Glasses Alt
FE Purah No Glasses

10 Likes

While I am done with Zelda, I have been busy with my next games in my playlist (Street Fighter 6, Diablo IV, Advance Wars) and IRL events. So I’ll probably lean towards doing another sprite from Street Fighter or Advance Wars.

I’ve updated the main post with the below entry under F2E - Other Game Franchises (Fable - The Jack of Blades)

Fable - The Jack of Blades
FE Jack of Blades
If I had a nickel for every time I became a fan of an RPG series that seems to have been dropped by their devs, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot but it’s weird that it happened twice. In actuality Fable II is my favourite in the series and the only one I can’t really replay that much unless I dig out my Xbox 360 again (1, Lost Chapters, Anniversary are currently available on PC and I bought 3 on steam before it got delisted so I have that available as well). I’ve wanted to do some Fable portraits for a while, but haven’t gotten around to it. The Jack of Blades has pretty cool villain design. Which in hindsight doesn’t suit itself to the Fire Emblem format as much since he has a pretty big shoulder cloak hood thing going on, but the mask is cool. I actually struggled a bit with the mask since its hard to get the fine details on it, on a standard size GBA portrait. I also found I ended up using a lot of colours for his pallette despite you know his design being majority red cloak. I think if I was going to do another Fable portrait, I’m leaning towards Walter from 3, or possibly Briar Rose or the young protagonist from 1.
I also did an alt with less damage on his mask as well;
+Alt
FE Jack of Blades alt

9 Likes

Well I cranked this one out real quick, mainly because I was pretty enthused about doing this one and also keen on my next planned sprites. Although I haven’t done many FE themed sprites this year (2, Saphir and Ike) so I should probably do another one soon too…

I’ve updated the main post with the below entries under F2E - Other Game Franchises (Street Fighter 6 - Manon)

Street Fighter 6 - Manon
FE Manon
I don’t play Fighter games often, but when I do… I generally have a good time despite being pretty basic with them. Street Fighter 6 to me feels like a good fighting game, it has decent non arcade Singleplayer mode in the World Tour story mode which is basically a Street Fighter version of Yakuza, except you can dragon punch almost any random bystander to start a street fight. Manon is one of the new characters and the French rep in this game. I am a sucker for that fringe/bang haircut (notably a fan of Haman Karn from Gundam, who coincidentally also pink haired and sports a similar bang/fringe). I’m surprised how many colours I had to use for this portrait. When you look at her character design she has only 3 major colours kind of going for her (Pink hair, blue under clothing and white/teal Judo Gi), yet after expending 4 colours for her hair, that left using 2 colours for the blue, 2 colours for the Judo Gi White and 1 colour for her Gold Olympic Medal, so it forced me to be really creative with shading and colour distribution. I had a lot of fun with this one and also decided to a fantasy alt in shining armour (she strikes me as the type to be knightly rather than a soft squishy magic user).
There is also a halfbody (more like three quarters) in the Fullbodies/Halfbodies section too)
FE Manon Fantasy Alt

Manon SF6 Halfbody
FE Manon Halfbody
I actually also did a bit without her Judo Gi, but thats probably a bit too lewd (it was mainly done so I could work out the shading for the Judo Gi over her clothing). I always say I need to remember that fullbodies/halfbodies are not colour restricted, but its a habit I like to keep when spriting. This was my first public halfbody/fullbody done this year and think its turned out better proportion wise than many of my ones from last year.

8 Likes

So something I like to do for inspirations or ideas to sprite is look at character concept arts that went unused because a lot of times artists come up with amazing designs, they just unfortunately didn’t fit either the character or game’s theme. The next sprite I do is highly unlikely to be a Street Fighter one.

I’ve updated the main post with the below entry under F2E - Other Game Franchises (Street Fighter - Chun Li)

Street Fighter - Chun Li
FE Chun Li
So this design is based on some concept art for Street Fighter 6 (this is no where near the design they ended up with in the final product), but I thought it looked really cool. Then I tried doing the gold clothing detailing and struggled so I decided to do the clothing detailing more closer to her classic SF2 design. I didn’t do a fantasy alt, because I feel like this design is already fantasy-esque enough, just more Asian than European. If I were to revisit this, I’d probably re touch her hair and her neck fur collar. I have also done an alt where there is less decal on her shoulders.
+Alt
FE Chun Li Alt

The concept art in question;

18 Likes

Well I held to what I said and did a Fire Emblem sprite, here have the Prince of Leonstar, inheritor of the Gae Bolg. Quan.

I’ve also re formatted the main post again, shrinking all the commentary into nested spoilers underneath each sprite title (this hasn’t been done yet to the Observation Only or Sillies section, only the F2E ones)

EDIT: Fixed a few pixels underneath his far eye

I’ve updated the main post with the below entry under F2E - Fire Emblem (FE4 - Quan)

FE 4 - Quan
FE Quan
This one was tough, it took me several iterations before I settled on these eyes and then I was looking at different inspirations for his clothing, deciding on a mix combination between his default Heroes attire and his cipher art by Wada Sachiko. I always kind of like his design on paper, but when it came to spriting it was rough. If I was to revisit this one, I’d probably re size him a little bit, its wierd, but I feel his head is slightly too big, but when I measure it, its not bigger than average mugs and is actually smaller than the one I used as a base for the initial face posing (Beran).

20 Likes

Well after how intricate Quan turned out, I decided to take it easier for the next mug design wise.

EDIT: Fixed a bit of his hair between his face and ears

I’ve updated the main post with the below entry under F2E - Non Game Franchises (One Piece - Monkey D Luffy)

One Piece - Monkey D Luffy
FE Monkey D Luffy TSFE Monkey D Luffy TS Shirtless
FE Monkey D Luffy PS
So after doing Quan I decided to do a portrait with less intricacy, and also noticed I hadn’t done a non Fire Emblem or Video Game portrait in a while. So I settled on Monkey D Luffy, partly inspired by a meme about expectations of his post time skip design (where he resembles Ace a bit). However after working on it for a bit, I decided it didnt look like Luffy and decided to go for something closer to his actual design. For some reason I thought he had a sleeveless shirt top for his post timeskip design so I wanted to show off his arms and chest scar. Turns out I was wrong, so I did a few alts (Shirtless and pre timeskip clothing). To be honest One Piece, has impressed me with remaining engaging for this long considering its the last of the Big 3 (Bleach, Naruto, One Piece) that is still going (to be honest I feel like Bleach finished off earliest, but at least before it kind of dragged on too long, Naruto was in a similar boat).

9 Likes

Well after how simple Luffy turned out I decided to try something a bit more intricate and update an old portrait. Now I need to decide on what next to sprite.

I’ve updated the main post with the below entries under F2E - Fire Emblem (Fire Emblem Path of Radiance - Petrine and Fire Emblem Awakening Flavia)

FE Path of Radiance - Petrine
FE Petrine
UPDATE: So I decided to go back and recolour and re shade her clothing, now that I’ve had some more experience working with black shades. That and the flat trimming always bothered me, but after working with limited colours on my Cima Grahu sprite I worked out what colours to use for Petrine. (To be honest I think Petrine’s design is probably based on Cima’s OG design).

FE Awakening - Flavia
FE FlaviaFE Flavia No CollarFE Flavia No Shoulders
You know after working on Flavia, Catherine and Saphir, I feel like someone at IS since FE6 really likes the dark skin pale blond/silver hair aesthetic (Igrene, Hawkeye, Cormag/Glen, Naliah, Flavia, Rinka, Catherine, Saphir). This was another challenging sprite, but I feel like I managed to fit the armour into the hackbox better this time compared to Priam. Still dislike Awakening’s hero outfits and Kozaki’s obsession with strange collar guards. Had to do a lot of work to fit everything into the colour pallette this round. For hair colour and ponytail style I went with a blonde based on her Heroes designs. Because her hair gets covered by her collar a bit, I decided to do some alts without the collar guard. Then while I was at it, I decided to also remove the shoulders armour for another alt as well

and the below entry under F2E - Non Game Franchises - Fullbodies/Halfbodies (One Piece - Monkey D Luffy Post Timeskip)

One Piece - Monkey D Luffy Post Timeskip Half body
FE Luffy Half Body
I decided to also do a half body for Monkey D Luffy, mainly because I wanted to the chest scar. However I was torn a bit between keeping his lankiness vs how I normally shade bodies with their muscles etc. For this half body I did end up going over color limit, mainly because his sash and shorts are definitely different colours to anything else he wears.

10 Likes

Well I decided to go back and update another old sprite, this time one from the Observation Only section, so that one has been updated to an F2E sprite. Now to ponder what to draw next…

Also for each of the OCs in the main post, I have put what I recommend their class be based on their clothing and look, but you can make them whatever you want if you use them those are just suggestions from me.

I’ve updated the main post with the below entry under F2E - Fire Emblem (Fire Emblem 6 - Roy (Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS)

FE6 - Roy (Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS)
FE Smash Roy
So I did this version of Roy when he was announced as DLC for Smash 4, the original version can be seen in the observation only section of this thread. I did say I would like to eventually go back and redo his shoulders and lo and behold I went back and re did his clothing and made frames for him. I can thank Roy and Marth’s inclusion into Smash Melee for partly introducing me and getting me hooked on Fire Emblem as I thought they were related to Hector and Eliwood when I saw Blazing Sword in stores. It also helped I also was playing Advance Wars by that time too being a fan of strategy genre games for the longest time. I actually like how this Roy turned out because he sort of looks older and more mature like an endgame or postgame Roy.

and the below entry under F2E - OCs (Kagei Saya).

Kagei Saya
FE Kagei Saya
So I forgot what I was going to sprite next and thought I haven’t done an OC since last October. So I decided to do one with a hairstyle and eye look based on a music video I saw a few years ago. I couldnt quite capture the eyes the way I wanted to, but I also wanted to move on for the moment and maybe re attempt such eyes again. However I also wanted to make her dressed more posh and well presented as well, but with a hint of melancholy.

10 Likes

So I’ve spent a while working on my latest sprite Siegfried Schtauffen based on his Soul Calibur 3 design, and decided to finally put it up, and move on to something else. While spending so much time on Siegfried I decided to dust off some older sprites back from 2015 and give them minor touch ups and make them insertable as well. I’ve got a few more characters I want to do if I don’t get distracted or forget, but then I’ll start planning what I’ll do for Spritetober (whether or not I do a sprite a day, or one every two) and I’ve also been floating round an idea in my mind about tackling a non GBA FE game and doing the entire cast of that game (maybe Awakening, Fates, Shadow Dragon) as a project, still undecided on how much to commit to that, or which one to commit to (Kozaki, I like your designs, but some of those armours…).

Also I updated the Observation Only section comments to be also spoiler-ed to shrink it’s size and bring it inline with the rest of the post formatting.

I’ve updated the main post with the below entries under F2E - Other Game Franchises (League of Legends - Xin Zhao and Leona, Soul Calibur 3 - Siegfried Schtauffen)

League of Legends - Xin Zhao
FE Xin Zhao
So this is just a small face update and frame creation for an old portrait I made back in 2015, back when I was more into playing League of Legends. Now days I rarely play unless friends ask for a game and it usually heightens around the Worlds period which most of my friend group still watch. This design was based on one of the older Chinese Splash arts he had before he had his rework and visual update. It was an interesting body pose used to fit his hair style. The original version of this had his head too big, which I have shrunk a bit in the touch up as well as change a few colours. I’ve just been going through some old mugs and decided some aren’t bad for usage and cleaned them up and gave them frames. I’ll post some of the old versions to the observation only section.

League of Legends - Leona
FE Leona
Another small update and frame creation for an old portrait I made back in 2015. This design was based on one some key art for the 5th season of League of Legends (2015). I liked the colouring on the armour and headpieces on this one. I think the mileage I got out of the colours for this one was also something I was really proud of with this one. I think if I ever went back to re do this one in particular rather than make a new Leona, I would probably touch up her hair, maybe even re shade it.

Soul Calibur 3 - Siegfried Schtauffen
FE Siegfried Schtauffen SC3 Fade FlairFE Siegfried Schtauffen SC3 Root Flair
FE Siegfried Schtauffen SC3 Fade RoundFE Siegfried Schtauffen SC3 Root Round
So I don’t know why I did this to myself, Siegfried Schtauffen is probably one of my favourite fighting game characters and his Soul Calibur 3 design is probably my favourite one of his. It however has these crazy feathered shoulder plates. I spent most of time working on these feathers and made 4 variants of the feathers because. Maybe I’ll revisit those sometime down the line when I have a better idea on how to approach them. I will say his hair and the Flavia I recently did, probably have the most tones I’ve used in a hair (5 tones), so you get a really detailed shine look to it, however depending on the hair colour you have this does severely limit your clothing colour options.

and the below entries under Observation Only (League of Legends - Xin Zhao (v1,v2), Lux Crownguard, Garen Crownguard, Jarvan IV)

League of Legends - Xin Zhao
imageimage
So these were my original versions of Xin Zhao (v1 on the left, then v2), his face size was a few pixels bigger than the submission version and I didnt like his colour choices which is why I touched it up a little bit before making an insertable version for F2E usage. I do have a few other League of Legends characters below, who may one day end up in the touch queue and be made insertable, or I’d make new versions entirely, maybe depends on whether or not I feel the urge to do some League of Legends characters again…

League of Legends - Lux Crownguard
So I went through a big League of Legends phase and to be honest I was a big Demacian fan, the aesthetics of Garen and Jarvan IV appealed to what makes me like Warhammer and Warcraft designs, over the top shoulder pads, blue, white colour schemes with gold or yellow trimming and highlights… One of my friend’s favourite champs back then was Lux Crownguard which was partly the reason I did this one back then, but also noticed I had done a lot of male sprites around the time (these days I like to balance things out). Although I think some problems with this is the face, and the colour choices, so if I went back to this one I would have quite a few things required to touch up or re do entirely.

League of Legends - Garen Crownguard
So Garen, Graves and Jarvan IV were my first champs I mained back in season 2 of League of Legends, and this sprite was based on a cross between some concept art for his upcoming visual update and his classic look. I didn’t like his visual update originally, but it grew on me over time. Also yes, freaking huge shoulder pads. Definitely shoulder pads amongst the Warcraft and Warhammer designs.

League of Legends - Jarvan IV
So Jarvan IV based on his original splash art. I thought he looked cool, but when trying to sprite him back then, I realised how plain his armour design was. If I were to re do him, I would probably do one based on his worlds 2021 championship skin with the gold/yellow scheme instead of white, since its a bit more elaborate.

15 Likes

Even if I have 1 year clean of League of legends, I still have a great love for Leona, one of my mains on the support route. Also, Siegfried from Soul calibur 3 is the best version of it, both in design and VA. Nice work :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

So I am contemplating re arranging the main post again to categorise the Fire Emblem portraits into either their respective games/continents. Mainly because I do foresee making more obviously and that having them all grouped as they are just under Fire Emblem it may blow the post out again.
Plus it will be easier to do it now while there are less of them in total rather than later when there is a cast worth of characters per game.
I am also not sure if there is a image limit per post and wondering if I’ll hit that soon. I did a count and am currently in the 80s for F2E portrait submissions.

As for what I mentioned earlier for which game cast to sprite, I think I’m leaning towards doing Awakening, since I’ve done 4 of them now already (Priam, Kjelle, Flavia and now Miriel) so we’ll see.

I’ve updated the main post with the below entries under F2E - Fire Emblem (FE Awakening - Miriel) and F2E - Other Game Franchises (Warcraft - Arthas Menethil)

FE Awakening - Miriel
FE MirielFE Miriel Alt
Ah hackbox my old friend, the gymnastics you make me do… I decided while working on a few tight portraits, that I may as well try Miriel with her hat as well. I decided when producing portraits to always restrict myself to the hackbox requirements and colours because in a way I find restrictions more freeing and creative than freedom (paralysis by free choice). Overall I’m happy with how this turned out. The hair I’m still iffy on, so if I ever revisit this, its the hair that is going to get the looking at. I also did an alt without her glasses because it was an easy alt to make (just remove the glasses layer) for usage too.

Warcraft - Arthas Menethil
FE Arthas MenethilFE Arthas Menethil Corrupt Alt
Hackbox… meet fantasy shoulderplates… fantasy shoulderplates, meet Fire Emblem hackboxes. So another western blonde chosen hero, corrupted by power and the desire to do good. If I do Anakin Skywalker too, I’ll hit the trifecta. This design was based on some artwork as there are many interpretations of his armour, but this one I could see transitioning into the pauldrons he wears as the Lich King. I spent a lot of my younger teenage years playing Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne, those were some good days and I was sad that Reforged broke a lot of custom games and discouraged people from making new ones. If we didnt have Warcraft 3, games like DotA, League of Legends, Legion TD wouldn’t exist. If I were to revist this one, I would probably go back to his face the most, I’m not sure why, maybe its the haircut but it looks smaller comparatively to other portraits, but his part way corrupted alt I did looks more in line (probably because I subtly exaggerated some features of that one).

17 Likes

So I went ahead and reformatted the main post again and decided to split up all the portraits in the Fire Emblem section amongst their Continents (Awakening is listed as Ylisse even though it covers Valm as well and Fates is Fates). I didn’t realise but I have actually managed to submit a character from pretty much every mainline series, which was neat. As of this posting, Jugdral and Tellius are tied for the most submissions from me.

I’m also considering also just releasing parts of these portraits for people to use in splices, because I have them in layers and it would be easier for people to splice with if they just have the part rather than the whole portrait. Although then the post my blow out even further. Does anyone know if mods can give me another post in the 2nd post slot of this thread that I can reserve for future updates?

I’ve updated the main post with the below entries under F2E - Fire Emblem (FE Ylisse Saga - FE Awakening - Sully) and F2E - Other Game Franchises (Adventure Quest - Galanoth/Dragonslayer)

FE Awakening - Sully
FE Sully
Another Shepard, the red christmas cav of Awakening Sully. To my knowledge the only female christmas cavalier too. I preferred her over Stahl when playing through Awakening, but I liked both of them because when they promoted to either Palading or Great Knight they had their colour versions of those classes rather than the generic blue that others got (Except for Fredrick). That was something I liked in Fates and Awakening that some characters had unique looks in certain classes (and in Fates some had extra ones in other classes (eg Takumi Swordmaster is Sumeragi’s outfit)). I spent a while on Sully’s eyes but still not 100 percent with it. I wanted her to look downwards a little bit, but every variation I tried looked a bit off, so I settled for this one. Ah well now I’ve done a Mother and Daughter combo.

Adventure Quest - Galanoth/Dragonslayer
FE GalanothFE Galanoth No Blink
So back in the early days of the internet, I used to frequent a lot of old flash websites, to play flash games etc such as Flashring, Newgrounds, Neopets, the original Runescape and Adventure Quest. I always liked some of the overexaggerated fantasy designs of Adventure Quest and the Dragonslayer classes have always been a favourite. From my memory, they are led by Galanoth and although their designs have changed a bit between each game in the AQ universe (AQ, Dragonfable, AQW, AQW3D) I took some design elements from multiple iterations. Overall I’m happy with it, however I would reconsider the shoulder plates. The helmet was the fun part, but also the hard part. I made a variation on the frames where the eyes in the helmet do not blink, because from memory the eyes do not, but I thought some people would prefer blinking frames so I did both. To be honest most designs in AQ are probably too over exaggerated to fit into a hackbox, but maybe I’ll do another one someday.

14 Likes

damn, that’s a name i haven’t heard in ages. 90’s kids represent :sunglasses:
pretty cool dragon knight, by the way~

1 Like