Fire Emblem Three Houses Randomizer

Monster classes are planned, yeah!

I’m glad you’re enjoying it, Hypnotica! I hope to finish the features soon (my laptop charger died last week so I lost a lot of time I could’ve spent on it, rip)!

Unfortunately, I can’t support/help with Yuzu just due to my own inexperience with it. If you want to message me via discord (bly#0003) or through DMs on this site, I can try to help you out, but I can’t make any promises that I’ll be able to get it to work.

I believe it can work with yuzu but I haven’t been able to make it work. I think you can do it two ways. You can rebuild the rom or you could mod the game using layeredfs. For me, the second one freezes yuzu and the first one is too complex for it to be practical. It doesn’t really help that there aren’t a lot of stable tools for switch hacking

I actually got the mod to work with Yuzu! I did as you said by dumping the game’s romfs, got the required files for modding (persondata, classdata and data.bin files) and ran them on the randomizer. I got the randomized .bin files and placed them in a romfs folder (like the original folder from the game dump, it ended up looking like this Randomizer\romfs\patch4\nx\data). Using Yuzu, I opened the Mod Data location for Three Houses and put the Randomizer folder there. I enabled the mod on Three Houses’ property menu and ran the game. I tested on a current savefile of my Azure Moon run and a new savefile, everything worked properly on both runs!

1 Like

Huh! I knew it was possible to do it. I just could never get it to work without crashing. One day I try to get it to properly randomize. I think I see what my error was though. Thanks for the explanation!

Wow, glad you got it to work! I’ll have to add this info to the OP with the next update! :slight_smile:

Its funny that it still isn’t working for me. Even more so that I did it correctly the first time, even before mentioning it on FeU. Is there anything specific you had in the nx folder or the patch4 folder other than the next folder? Yuzu seem to give me 0% speed and 0 fps.

I just checked and my folder currently looks like this: Randomizer\romfs\patch4\nx\data. I only have the modified bin files (fixed_classdata, fixed_data and fixed.persondata) in the data folder. If that helps I could try taking screenshots of a step by step because otherwise it could be an issue with your Yuzu? I tried on EA 750, but didn’t test on earlier versions so I’m not sure.

2 Likes

I finally decided to try this method and it actually didn’t crash my game, so that’s a plus! The only issue is that Yuzu isn’t reading the 3 modified .bin files so when I open 3H I get vanilla gameplay. Btw my rom is loading the mod but just not changing anything.

I am using the same version of Yuzu that you are, so I am pretty sure the problem is on my yuzu but it is still a tad annoying nonetheless. The screenshots will be nice. Blyvern could also use them when he update the randomier and have more yuzu support

Working on a short tutorial right now! :slight_smile: Hopefully the website allows us to post several images in a reply.

Here’s a short tutorial on how I got the randomizer to work on my game! (Testing on Yuzu EA 750 + FE3H with the 1.2.0 Update).

1. Open Yuzu and dump your FE3H’s romfs folder:

tutorial2

1. When it asks, select you want to dump the base game and its full directory. Wait for extraction.

2. Once it is complete, the dump folder will open. It looks like this for me:

Untitled-2

1. Find the necessary files for the randomizer to modify.

1. I used Blyvern’s configuration as an example:

1. The Randomizer will ask you to save the now randomized .bin files. I created a separate folder with the modified files.

1. Similar to how the .bin files were displayed in the game’s romfs dump, I created a new directory with only the modified files. It looks like this: Randomizer\romfs\patch4\nx\data.

Untitled-6

1. Go back to Yuzu and open the game’s mod data location.

Untitled-7

1. Place the newly created Randomizer folder in there.

Untitled-8

1. You can make sure the Randomizer mod is enabled in the game’s property. Disable it if you want your game to go back to normal (you can also delete or move the mod folder, that also works).

Untitled-9

1. Testing the mod in my Crimson Flower route and it works! :slight_smile:

If it still doesn’t work for you I’m not sure how to help, sorry. If anything you can try reaching out to me on discord? Which also goes for Blyvern, if he ever needs help testing his Randomizer mod for Yuzu, both of you can reach me at sea#3926.

4 Likes

It worked! Thanks for the tutorial! I found the issue I had. I actually needed another folder called ‘data’ after the nx folder. That was literally my only reason it didn’t work previously. Thank you again

No problem, I’m glad everything worked out for you!!

1 Like

@Blyvern
Hello! I need help dumping the patch4 thing. How do I do it? I dumped the game by using NXDumpTool. Did I do something wrong/not do something? I don’t see a patch4 folder in the romfs folder.

Actually, it says I haven’t dumped it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zcbArMulJXbj2-gkCyc1LX5rRGmI6rc8/view?usp=sharing
Please have a look at the short video.

Can you fix the bug where Dimitri’s timeskip portrait doesn’t change and the bug where maiden Fleche doesn’t change

Can you fix the bug where Dimitri’s timeskip portrait doesn’t change and the bug where maiden Fleche doesn’t change?

@Quaylectra
Make sure that you are also selecting the Updated version. Here is a guide that is pretty helpful. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K1MYRdc1PFcUsMRQ-DitVoSDrUweFXfdmmqNPm6CVU0/edit?usp=sharing

@Blyvern
I have a quick question for anybody that can help. I am simply trying to alter the gender-locked function. I want to remove that. So I load up the Fixed_ClassData.bin file. That box now is editable. I check Remove Gender Locks. Then I save the file under the same name. Then I drag and drop into Atmosphere\contents\titleID[the actual string ID]\romfs\patch4\ns\data
Drag and drop there. That’s also how I use and install when I use a Fixed_PersonData editor and that works perfectly. Thing is, the randomizer files end up crashing the game. Do I need to load up all three files and save it a certain way?

There’s gotta be something I am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Will have a look, thanks!

Also, I was wondering how to get Monster classes. I can change the class in the save editor but it’s not actually the class. And sometimes it hangs.

Anyone know how to do it?