First of all, this is an edited version of Blyvern’s Fire Emblem Three Houses Randomizer V1.0.1.
Credit goes to Blyvern and I’ve recieved his ok to publish this.
The idea here is that I wanted an even more random FE3H experience than the previous randomizer could provide. So therefore, I decided to improve* upon the randomizer!
At first, this was only going to be for personal use, so I didn’t bother with programming the GUI since it was way easier to just change the parameters manually before running the program. This means that the randomizer currently doesn’t support randomization options.
But hey! If you can get past that, I’d say the randomizer still produces quite the interesting experience…
*depends on whether or not one equates “more randomness” with “fun”.
- Character Model Swaps
- Character Model Properties
- Character Stats and Properties
- Character Learnsets
- Linked Attack Bonuses
- Class Stats and Properties
- Class Skills
- Class Certification
- Class Mastery
- Monster Abilities
- Weapon Stats and Properties
- Magic Stats and Properties
- Turret Stats and Properties
- Gambit Stats and Properties
- Staggering Blow Stats and Properties
- Combat Art Stats and Properties
- Battalion Stats and Properties
- Free Day Properties
- Reqruitment Requirements
- Background Music
- Removed Stat Caps
- Moved Special Classes to Advanced
- Units are to Scale on the Map
- Removed Weapon Restrictions for Classes
- Removed Gender Lock for Classes
Please consult the readme included in the download for further details about randomization and changes.
How to Use
Make sure you have version 1.2.0 of Fire Emblem Three Houses.
Get ahold of the specified “.bin” files located in romfs\patch4\nx\data from the extracted rom:
- fixed_calendardata.bin (optional, found in romfs\patch3\nx\data)
- BGM.ktsl2stbin (optional, found in romfs\nx\sound)
Load the files in the randomizer, check the “Generate Changelog” checkbox and/or set a seed if you wish, then click “Randomize and save” to save your new files in another directory. You usually don’t want to overwrite the extracted rom.
Rebuild your new randomized rom using these newly randomized files! (LayeredFS or something? I dunno, I’m not a rom doctor)
- Polished up the randomizer and fixed some weird camera angles caused by random class typing. The camera now functions properly for all classes, regardless of whether they used to be mounted units or not! Also: Randomized Mount Models!!
- Added BGM Randomization as an experimental feature! Loading the associated BGM.ktsl2stbin file is optional because the random music fails to load sometimes, which causes lag.
- Added the “Generate Changelog” feature back into the randomizer! Don’t spoil yourself too much, now…