Fire Emblem Three Houses Randomizer Custom Build

That’s a good idea, but unfortunately not very easily doable… For some reason the max number of adjutants is impossible to increase beyond 4. Another way to train more units however, is to max out the number of deployment slots, which the randomizer lets you do.

Ah, that’s certainly a shame. I was hoping to train more units without making the game significantly easier (which maxing deployment slots prolly would). I appreciate the response nontheless, thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it normal for the program to go unresponsive for a long while during randomization, or is it likely I made a mistake loading the .bin files somehow?

1 Like

Don’t worry, that’s normal. I just haven’t bothered adding in a progress bar… What’s taking a while is probably either shuffling the BGM data or editing/randomizing the text files.

hi, i have a question, is there a way you can decide which character each individual character is randomized into? I give an example, decide to put Dorothea in place of Edelgard, sorry for the bad English I am using a translator

1 Like

No, this tool is mainly for randomization. You’d have to use a dedicated editing tool to do that.

Recently decided to try this out and encountered some weirdness with randomized attack animations.

• Normal movement type units with a bow appear to use a brawling attack animation, and they just stand there for an uncomfortably long time not doing anything when attacking/defending from a range. Haven’t had the opportunity to see what happens when attacking/defending at a range of 1 due to lack of close counter/mini bow. Armor movement type units do not have this issue as they use a thrown weapon animation.
  • Armor movement type units just stand there when using heal. Haven’t been able to check other movement types with heal due to lack of access to them.
  • Sometimes there is a long pause when countering with a magic attack. Might be one of those things that just happen from shuffling around the game files, but I figured I’d bring it up since I am already posting here.

Randomizer files were generated from freshly dumped bins. Pastebin of my changelog in case you want my settings/seed: jpVUh53W

Thank you for your work on this wonderful tool!

1 Like

I should probably display more warnings about that huh…? Yeah, sorry about that, randomized attack animations are seriously janky. I considered just removing the feature altogether but decided to keep it since all the animations are skippable and don’t seem hinder you in any way.
Happy you’re enjoying the randomizer though!

1 Like

No worries, I was expecting some jank with the random battle animations but wasn’t sure if instances of not having an attack animation and just standing there was intended/expected or not. Having my archers deal damage by staring down the enemy is amusing in its own way!

1 Like

so i ended up with randolph replacing jeralt (nothing wrong ordinary there) HOWEVER in game his name is displayed as Hilda for some reason (this was just an example but it seems to be the case with every character)

Finally giving this a try, is there a way to limit which characters are in the randomizer pool (i.e. exclude non-playable characters like Nemesis or Cornelia)?

1 Like

I’m really enjoying the randomizer so far, but I just realized that randomizing character stats also applies to enemies. I was really caught off guard by how powerful generic enemy units can get, since all of a sudden they have growths and bases that are on par with player characters. On Maddening enemies can be especially strong due to their huge level advantage coupled with good growths.

Would it be possible to add options that can control whether PCs and/or NPCs get randomized stats/abilities/etc.? Like checkboxes that say “Include Player Units”, “Include Enemy Units”, and “Include Ally Units” (for example). Or even taking it a step further and having multiple Stats tabs, one for each category of unit (Player/Enemy/Ally or whatever).

1 Like

I’ve noticed that whatever the randomizer does to fixed_persondata makes Progenitor unable to read the file. Would there be anyway to fix that, or is that something happening on my side?

I had the same problem, turns out it was due to the support bonus option. Once I disabled that, Progenitor worked like a charm. Someone on the discord server mentioned that some of that options are unstable.

1 Like

Hey Nifyr, been having a blast with the randomizer so far. If it’s not too much trouble, could I ask for copy of the source for the latest build? I want to try my hand at making a few custom edits of my own. Cheers and thanks in advance!

how did you get the randomizer to change what characters auto rank? I can’t find any info on it anywhere.

Is the randomizer not supposed to save settings? Unfortunate having to remember and re-input whatever I already have or want set up every time I close and reopen the program.

Anyone know what the generic npc enemies models are located so I could change them back. it keep crashing on me.

The download link for this is no longer available. Does anyone have an updated one?

Oh whoops. Updated the post with a new link.