ok my main question for every hack. WIll there be supports? 63 characters seems like a loooot of supports
I won’t work on supports rn since I need to work on the plot, but it’ĺl be a thing in the future versions for sure
It does not work unfortunately
Use febuilder gba to patch it
I decided to play through the first four maps or so of your hack; please do note that I did not remove any of my thoughts, so some of them may be innacurate.
- Summoners use their staff animations when attacking with Magic.
- I can barely read chapter titles, they’re so small and choppy.
- Just noticed the affinities icons were changed. Neat.
- Knoll can actually get infinite XP because of the fact that he can summon even when another summon is out.
- Why is it one unit?
- Why does the lord have E rank in both of his weapon ranks?
- There is NO BGM in the start event
- Why is the map BGM Truth Despair and Hope; its not fitting at all
- Paragon and Vantage+…ok
- My lord can only visit a village on his first turn, there are no enemies in his range.
- Knoll comes in on turn 2 with the world’s most rushed dialogue. It was on a blink and you’ll miss it level.
- Why do summons have Duelists and Certain blow?
- The boss has WAY too much HP and Strength. He has 26 attack and 43 HP which is kind of overkill.
- The boss doesn’t have the boss marker
- Why does the boss have Mercy and Spur strength? These are useless on him.
- The victory music carries into the map’s end event.
- Why is Knoll calling London “lad” thats kinda out of character for him.
- Is there a purpose to sparing the chapter one boss?
- Double space right here:
- There is no indicator that London gets the Iron Quick Axe for sparing the boss until the start of the next map if you check his inventory
Why, no genuinely why. Why does this have 11 speed, why does this have two seal skills. WHY does it have Grizzly wound. Why does it have ready stance?This is so obnoxiously powerful, that I can barely deal with it holy crap.
All Nate can do his first turn is visit the village and move up. If he attacks any of the enemies in his range, he’ll die on enemy phase.
I have nothing to say, this one is just funny.(But it is missing a period)
I like Brooke. Death Blow + Charge, yes please. Will probably become a balancing issue later, but rm its fun!
TRUTH DESPAIR AND HOPE AGAIN.
THIS is the ISSUE with seal skills in skillsys; they still apply if a unit attacks in physical range, and the unit with the seals survives. NOT if the unit gets hit, JUST if the range is physical. Thanks to this, the affected unit is now useless for the next six turns.
Brooke is so slow she gets doubled by revenants.
Why are Revenants faster than Bigles. I generally wouldn’t have an issue with this if the revenants weren’t so stacked in literally EVERYTHING.
Irving is actually useless; he has 16 AS on player phase, but the zombies have 18 AS on player phase, and the enemies he CAN double deal over ¾ his HP in retaliation.
I really like that charge is edited from Vanilla skillsys. Plus 1 damage per 1 tile moved, whilst kinda broken, is also more fun.
Please buff Brooke’s base HP by one point. Even without the speed stance going into effect, Brooke gets doubled by the zombies and more than likely ORKO’d
This chapter uses a vanilla chapter title, but the first chapter uses a custom one.
Just realized Nate is meant to be the cut FE8 character, kinda cool.
Why does talking to the NPC’s only give 90 XP. Just make it a full level lol.
Why does the Irving Knoll talk exist, it genuinely has no purpose and is just a couple of lines of dialogue.
This chapter has the on map objective display and the menu objective display flipped.
The Knoll Judge talk is even worse, Knoll doesn’t even appear in it until too late.
Jude is uh, kind of bad; he has 5 move sure, but he also is too slow, if he gets into combat with a zombie, he’s dead meat.
Pinkie has two different sets of skin tones
Use “okay” instead of “O.K.”
I don’t think this description is right.
- Maybe actually name Mehve in the end event, instead of just saying “The mayor’s daughter”
This armory serves no purpose. The player has no money.
- THE THIRD MAP OF TRUTH DESPAIR AND HOPE, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
- The village is actually impossible to save. No units will survive the huge cluster of enemies surrounding it, especially Nate, who is your only option for the village.
- WHY DO THE FUCKING ZOMBIES COME ENDLESSLY THIS IS A ROUTE MAP.
My patience is wearing thin.
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY. This is not ok, he has TWENTY speed on player phase.
- Still using Vanilla chapter titles
- Why does the start event open up with Together we Ride?
Maybe change this guy’s mug. It has a whole swath of issues.
- Still no preps
Ok yeah, definitely change this mug.
- Lazarus, much like the chapter 1 boss, has no boss marker.
I’ve noticed a trend of your bosses having massive stats compared to generics.
- Why is lightning effective against anima mages when light magic has WTD against Anima magic.
- The top village in this map is almost impossible to get due to the huge cluster of enemies that are impossible to survive against.
I uh. I decided not to go much further than that given the quality of what I had played. I hope this doesn’t come off as too mean spirited, as I do want to see this hack improve.
Well for the chapter 3 village you need to make sure Nate flies to the village… you can kinda divert enemies with summons literally for the brigands if you place them near the mountains.
As for zombies having high A.S, I didn’t realize that they had such high A.S. I’ll probably chop it down.
The chapter 1 boss has mercy mainly because of story gameplay integration stuff.
As for the other stuff. I’ll buff/nerf units depending upon the feedback.
As for lightning being effective against magic in general. I intended to make sure it was effective against dark magic at the very least.
I plan to change the vanilla chapter titles later since they’re images and it makes things more complex.
As for bosses having massive stats, I wanted them to be challenging compared to the generic enemies amd high stats and their weapons tend to indicate that.
My music sense seems to be bad. I’ll probably get someone to get some better tracks.
Anyway thanks for giving feedback.
For once, I thought this was another abandoned project. Hopefully, this project gets complete. It have so much promise.
I have been busy with irl stuff. I’ll be working soon on the hack.