I’m getting around to doing something I’ve wanted to do for a long time now, which was to make a Fire Emblem romhack post where the hack was 100% done (minus whatever bugs other people find, of which there will likely be plenty). FEBuilder has helped tremendously in existing the grossly underleveled hackers such as myself. When I say it’s done, I really mean it.
- Total original story with original setting, except Anna still exists
- One route because I am but a man
- 22 chapters with an intermission
- 30-something characters
- Fully complete endings and supports, with all supports unlocked in the support viewer except there are some character spoilers so don’t view until finishing the game if you care about that sort of thing
- Assets I jacked from the community repo because I have no artistic skill
- Potentially unlimited bugs because instead of testing I just sort of played the game through once
NOTE ON ASSETS: I didn’t make these, so if you wish to use portraits/animations/whatever for your own hack please refer to the credits. Anything I’ve listed in the credits is F2U stuff I sourced from the repository, but reach out to the original creators if you intend to edit anything. My maps are free game I guess but you’re much better off referring to someone else’s maps, trust me.
Oh yeah, and since this is my first real post, hi everyone, I’m BigMood, I like Fire Emblem.
Download link is at the top.
- Upon resetting, your save for that particular chapter could possibly disappear at random. It is unknown if this is an emulator-specific thing or what, but it is recommended to make a copy of your .sav file after a chapter clear, just in case.
- In chapter 17, the optional reward for escaping with more units appears to be bugged.
- Loading from a save state may freeze or crash at certain cutscenes. It is recommended to simply reset your game and resume the save file normally if this occurs. Note that this presents an inherent risk when using the DS FE patch; however, you should be able to load a DS FE patch save file using a regular patch rom if such an issue occurs for the purpose of getting past any save state-related issues.
2020-01-31 - Added warning text for reinforcements (Chapter 1).
2020-02-01 - Added specific rules text for Chapter 1, added more information for Chapter 2 house visit, relaxed turn requirements very slightly for both chapters.
2020-02-02 - Pow text change, a little extra light.
2020-02-03 - Fixed turns remaining counter for Chapter 5.
2020-02-04 - Fixed Lawrence/Byrd C support.
2020-02-05 - Removed Chapter 7 forced deployments.
2020-02-06 - Fixed hyper-inflated stats in Chapter 10, lowered reinforcement density for fort units in Chapter 7, added more treasure pre-Chapter 10.
2020-02-07 - Fixed unit checking freezing on the summoned unit check.
2020-02-08 - Added two green units to Chapter 7. Added warning text to the new Devil spell.
2020-02-11 - Fixed flag check error that made it impossible to recruit Shouko.
2020-02-14 - Added an early lootable high-ranked staff. Also less droppable Swordslayers, more something else.
2020-02-19 - Added a stealable Fili Shield, increased Spellblade anima base rank to C.
2020-03-21 - Fixed snow map tile animations and Chapter 14 BGM.
2020-04-29 - Fixed cavalier movement penalties, fixed chapter-ending bug in Chapter 6.
2020-05-01 - Updated unit loading in Chapter 7.
2020-05-03 - Added AI hint and rescue drop reminder to beginning of Chapter 10.
2020-05-26 - Minor Chapter 3 text fixes.
2020-06-07 - Fog of war chapter mechanics hints.
2020-06-13 - Unlocked all support convos in the Extras menu support viewer.
2020-07-28 - Enabled usage of Paralyze for enemy in Chapter 14.
2020-08-04 - Early map shading fix attempts.
2020-09-28 - Boat no longer moves through land (hopefully).
2020-10-04 - Fixed villages being visitable after bandit sacking.
2020-10-06 - Byrd now joins at level 9.
2020-10-08 - Prologue typo and text fixes.
2020-10-09 - Mounted unit footstep sound fix.
2020-10-11 - Byrd actually joins at level 9 now, also Chapter 1 door fix to prevent ambush spawning.
2020-10-12 - Fixed bug introduced by Chapter 1 door fix.
2020-10-26 - Chapter 10 direct control option.
2020-11-05 - Moved Hero Crest from Chapter 11 drop/steal to Chapter 10 drop.
2020-11-06 - Added missing dialogue to Chapter 7x.
2020-11-09 - Minor unit stat tuning.
2020-11-10 - Clarifying text for Chapter 12 slower clear condition.
2020-11-14 - Removed Nightmare that was left in accidentally.
2020-11-16 - Minor text fixes.
2020-11-19 - Hint text for commander AI.
2020-11-22 - Support conversation length trim.
2020-11-24 - Minor text fixes.
2020-11-28 - Added optional mid-map save patch.
2020-12-04 - Update to Filch recruitment hint.
2020-12-21 - Minor text fix.
2020-12-31 - Minor text fixes.
2022-03-01 - Added Normal mode.
2023-02-17 - Applied patch to fix event freeze if Filch does not exist.
Special note: The “sequel” hack is out: Isekai Emblem: The Tales Two [Complete, v1.2.4]
While it is a direct continuation of this story set in the same universe, it’s not super related to this hack so bear that in mind.