Fire Emblem: The Dragon Herald (103.3% Complete FE8 Hack)

@BigMood

There are 2 .ups files , wich 1 do i use? and why are there 2?

1 Like

I was monkeying around with the DS Save/Suspend patch which is the one that says “DSSave”. For normal play, just use the one that doesn’t say that (the one with the shorter name).

3 Likes

@BigMood

Thank You for this hack, i really liked the story and the gameplay was so HARD!!

2 Likes

Gues its time to replay this now that the sequel is out!!
Gonna be way smoother now that i got more FE GBA experience!
Made so many mistakes months ago when i played this hahaa.

3 Likes

Wait there’s a sequel?

1 Like

A fairly indirect one, but here it is:

3 Likes

Random question, might’ve been asked before but why is the main character named you? It just seems weird and alittle off putting when referring to her.

1 Like

There’s not much of a reason, I just felt like it at the time. I did use it for at least one pun towards the end.

1 Like

So, after may retries, I finally knocked out Chapter 17 after meticulously getting every unit there even after the attack of the malicious valkyries and the assault of the flying corps. I got the halberdier, but it inferred I would get another reward for everyone getting to the escape point before You… am I missing something or is it coming later? Thanks in advance, loving the game and the challenge, the characters enhance it and make every reset worth it. I’ll try and give more detailed notes and whatnot later

1 Like

Thanks for playing! The additional reward doesn’t seem to work properly still, I’ll add it to the list of known bugs and try and figure it out sometime.

1 Like

All good, not impacting the playthrough for me! I thought it was because I rescue dropped some people across the finish line :sweat_smile:

I know it’s been awhile since the hack debuted but I was wondering if you worked on normal mode at all and if it’s balanced? I’m playing on hard like recommended and it’s kicking my ass. I’m only a few chapters in and already keep losing 1 or 2 people on every map. Is this supposed to be iron manned? I want to play your new hack but have it was a sequel so I wanted to beat this first but hoo boy I’m having so much trouble with it. But nonetheless I’ve been having fun!

1 Like

I am a lazy blob of a human being and cannot be arsed to balanced a normal mode.

That being said I’ve updated the .ups to allow it to be selected. Enemies have -2 to their autolevel in normal mode (-3 for the harder chapters which is most of them now that I think about it), but otherwise I’ve left everything untouched. If anything breaks somehow as a result of this, let me know, thanks!

are there any intended or “canon” promotions?

2 Likes

Generally no, even in my own playtesting I tended to use different promotions between one run and the next. There is one very specific exception:

Isekai Emblem Spoilers

Elise is a Shadeknight in the sequel.

2 Likes

I loved this hack. A few suggestions: maybe buff Taiga’s growths a little bit, and add QOL like the speech bubble, health bar and range for units that don’t move.

1 Like

Thanks for playing! Taiga is meant to fall off (there is in fact a unit that serves as a direct “replacement” much later on). I’m not sure if the QoL stuff is available in FEBuilder outside of the SkillSystems patch, but that patch is intentionally not used with this hack to preserve as much vanilla nature as possible.

1 Like

Ah I see. Thanks for the response! Also, I really like Shouzou as a character. And I love his portrait!

1 Like

Yeah, his portrait is amazing, done by Tsushi I think. Credits for the others are in the readme as well.

1 Like

And here i was finally forgetting the horror of that chapter

2 Likes