Fire Emblem: The Dragon Herald (103.3% Complete FE8 Hack)

I loved this hack. A few suggestions: maybe buff Taiga’s growths a little bit, and add QOL like the speech bubble, health bar and range for units that don’t move.

1 Like

Thanks for playing! Taiga is meant to fall off (there is in fact a unit that serves as a direct “replacement” much later on). I’m not sure if the QoL stuff is available in FEBuilder outside of the SkillSystems patch, but that patch is intentionally not used with this hack to preserve as much vanilla nature as possible.

1 Like

Ah I see. Thanks for the response! Also, I really like Shouzou as a character. And I love his portrait!

1 Like

Yeah, his portrait is amazing, done by Tsushi I think. Credits for the others are in the readme as well.

1 Like

And here i was finally forgetting the horror of that chapter

2 Likes

I just realised I wasn’t supposed to kill Alto. ARRRRGH

2 Likes

Hartmann MVP. Also, I think a small prequel with Bruenor and Shouzou would be awesome. Thanks for making this!

2 Likes

Everyone with the blessed Hartmenn, damn. Mine was just OK.

1 Like

Oh yeah, how come you decided to have Shouzou spawn Bonewalkers instead of Phantoms?

1 Like

Mainly story reasons.

When Shouzou first shows up, he has multiple summons under his command due to large-scale conjuring. I chose bonewalkers for weapon variety, so later on it felt like it made sense for his playable summons to still be bonewalkers.

It’s mentioned I think in one of the support chains that the faith has a specific sword style they train in which is also taught to the heralds. You obviously uses swords, but Shouzou’s summons using swords was a detail I wanted to include, so I did feel the summons should be units capable of using swords.

2 Likes

Ah i see…

Hello i am newbie this playing . Can you tell me who get recruit filch thief from chapter 4?

1 Like

It’s Lawrence

Thank you. I am still playing this and i am newbie hehehe

Hello, dear author, I really like your high-quality work, I want to translate it into Chinese and let more Chinese players feel its charm, I hope you can allow me to do so, I look forward to hearing from you

5 Likes

Please do if you want, and please also send me the link if you do. If there is some unclear text, let me know and I can help explain.

5 Likes

@BigMood

Huge Bug!!

In chapter 12 if u dont have Filch the thief u get softlocked cuz he needs to be deployed/has text at the beginning of chapter 12.

Same thing on chapter 14, i think it has something to do with the secret shop. she comments on it and has to be deployed??

I killed her on chapter 4.

1 Like

What happens if you don’t have her/deploy her? Does it crash? If you want you can PM me either a screenshot or your save file and I can fix that up

i think i fixed it, i downloaded a patch that unfreeze if a char does not exist and now it works again.

Using FebuilderGBA.

Its 1 of the Prevent Freeze for Non Existent char event.

1 Like

Perfect, I’ve patched the freezes in and reuploaded.

Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like