Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade +

It wouldn’t make sense, she never showed any interest in physical weapons and Cecilia taught her magic because she saw her potential with it, while Roy has been taught to fight with a sword because Cecilia knew he had no potential for magic. Also people only want to make her an axe unit to resemble Hector.

1 Like

I think your arguments make perfect sense when taking into consideration the lore and all… still… in terms of pure fun and diversity, seeing that branching promotions are a possibility, I think it’s nice to have “axe wielder Lilina” as an option just for fun sake.

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind a promotion like this either.

1 Like

This basically sums it up
I personally find making her into a hector clone lazy design choice. Just because the two are father and daughter doesn’t mean the two need to literally have the same abilities.

dumb

Armads is the thunder axe and Lilina technically has a greater proficiency for thunder magic, so bang boom there’s your connection

That’s also why I like it. I honestly don’t care about whether or not it makes sense. Reasons like Armads=Lightning don’t matter to me either. I don’t need anyone to come up with vague reasons for why Lilina would use axes. I just think Axe Lilina is cool.

To be clear, this is just my opinion on what I consider a trivial matter and has no relation regarding my opinion of this project. This hack looks amazing and I can’t wait to play it.

This actually makes sense.

That’s why I’d be totally fine with giving her axes on promotion. Lord promotions (assuming that Lilina will be a lord or something similar) don’t really need any explanations (I mean, there’s no explanation on Eirika and Ephraim getting horses out of nowhere).

this isn’t the place for this kind of discussion, you’ve been straying from the topic

Sorry, I got a bit carried away lol

2 Likes

Hey, can you add an option to let roy use dragonstone which turns him into an ice dragon? Since you know, he’s Ninian’s son and all

2 Likes

Looks good.Looking forward to it.

1 Like

:eyes: looks interesting

1 Like

Theoretically the closest thing to a hint of Roy being part-dragon is his ranged attack with the Binding Blade. Also Ninian is only half-dragon, which makes Roy 1/4 dragon. Being 3/4 human, we can all assume that his dragon blood has little to no effect on him at all.

that makes absolutely no sense. Is Zephiel part dragon because Eckesachs has a ranged attack? What about everyone that can use light brands?

I read a theory somewhere about the fire coming from the Binding Blade having something to do with him being part dragon. And yeah, it doesn’t make sense since Ninian is an ice dragon.

1 Like

it’s also not confirmed that ninian is roy’s mother, so until nintendo says it themselves, roy’s mother is unknown

2 Likes

Is there a download link available yet?

Not yet. Hopefully shouldn’t be too much longer until there is a public beta out.

Been a lot of delays to my schedule due to work. But, progress is chugging along steadily.

9 Likes

I am really hyped for this.

An Update on the Binding Blade +

I had hoped to have this project finished by today.

Due to life, work and personal commitments, progress on the project has been on a short hiatus.

That being said - everything is nearly ready.

Chapter Progress Breakdown

Chapter 1 - Complete
Chapter 2 - Complete
Chapter 3 - Complete
Chapter 4 - Complete
Chapter 5 - Complete
Chapter 6 - Complete
Chapter 7 - Complete
Chapter 8 - Complete
Chapter 8x - Complete
Chapter 9 - Complete
Chapter 10A - Complete
Chapter 10B - Complete
Chapter 11A - Complete
Chapter 11B - Complete
Chapter 12 - Complete
Chapter 12x - Complete
Chapter 13 - Complete
Chapter 14 - Complete
Chapter 14x - Complete
Chapter 15 - Complete
Chapter 16 - Complete
Chapter 16x - Complete
Chapter 17A - Complete
Chapter 17B - Complete
Chapter 18A - Complete
Chapter 18B - Complete
Chapter 19A - Complete
Chapter 19B - Complete
Chapter 20A - Events, Text
Chapter 20B - Complete
Chapter 20Ax - Complete
Chapter 20Bx - Complete
Chapter 21 - Complete
Chapter 21x - Complete
Chapter 22 - Complete
Chapter 23 - Events, Text
Chapter 24 - Under revision: Events, Text and Unit Placement
Final Battle - Events, Text

Supports are all in place - however, there’s a lot of text that still needs importing.

With everything as it is, I’ll be looking to get a public beta out sometime soon. The project is still quite a way off going “gold”. Once everything is fully playable from start to finish, the beta will be pushed out and I’ll then be looking to add a few additional USPs to the mod.

Stay tuned for more info soon.

22 Likes

D:

oh well, the hype intensifies then! Good luck with finishing up everything!

3 Likes