Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade 'Remake' [FE6 in FE8] [COMPLETE]

Zephiel with great shield sounds obnoxious.
68-802
Zephiel has 27 defense or 22 effective defense if Great Shield calcs it after stat changes.
Including rightful king, this would give him a 52% or 57% chance to proc it.
He also has Tower Shield so attacks from range if if calculated after stat changes would be a 58% chance. And all of this is assuming normal mode without any HMB.

Maybe take away tower shield for great shield?

Even without tower shield you’re less than a cointoss chance to actually deal damage to him each combat round as you can’t double him either since he has wary fighter and that’s assuming 100% accuracy which is not fun.

I mean there’s still things like astra users and brave weapons that can bypass wary fighter, soo there are tools to play around it. I dunno.

Is it rightful king or rightful god ? 52% seems pretty high.

Maybe Great Shield can be balanced by setting it’s activation rate to (Defense/2 %)

He’s actually the one target that should never have great shield due to having Rightful King. Take it from someone who’s fought Dread Fighters that had Hero (+30% activation under 30-50% HP), Frenzy (SKL% chance to inflict Berserk) with 29 SKL, and had Vantage, out of 7 attacks 6 of the procced frenzy while having one hit left.

Once any proc chance hits over 50% it shouldn’t be something the enemy has access to cause at that point it be the same as giving them luna or colossus, severely unfun and not fair to the player in the slightest with how impossible to counter it it is.

1 Like

I dont see why u guys so focused on great shield did u not see that annoying lyon’s zombie dad who proc it like 50% of time it gives anxity and a mini heart attack so i am against it. I will gladly take a 50% crt chance that this 50% great shield bullsht

Yes i agree with my good sir jack of blades 1991 here very accurate points if i say so my self

Really it’s just because Great Shield is an insanely broken defensive skill due to how it’s proc is based on defense given exlcusively to the enemy unit with the highest defense stat on average whereas almost every other skill ever made is based on either skill or luck.

A skill considered so overpowered it was broken in to two separate skills from fe 9 and up, the skills being Aegis and Pavaise, and even then they were given SKL% proc chances. It’s a seriously unfun skill to have proc at all much less so consistently as it would with an over 50% proc chance.

1 Like

Ah… Makes sense. I assume he’d not have rightful king or something.

But that said, I frankly wanted Wendy to be a soldier just because of her being a rookie and such… I see the armor knights as trained soldiers with plate Armor while the Soldiers are basically rookies as cannon fodder. As such, soldiers should have the same base stats as the enemy counterparts, but gains a lot of XP during combat. Of course, they should be the only unit to be able to promote into a Halberdier, having the same crit rate as a Swordmaster. Almost as tanky as a general, yet able to withstand magic, not to mention their decent skill and their class Skill, Swordbreaker, will make them a bane again any sword unit, but will get crushed by any axe wielders.

I actually like knights being able to use swords, and I’m fine without having knights and recruits having promotion branches (general/halberd.) Would it be okay to NOT update to the latest version (I’m on 1.20.23), or should I just do that so that I don’t fall behind?

Can I ask what skills/palettes were updated?

EDIT: This next bit isn’t related to my questions above, but FE6 content related.

Summary

Super long shot, but would there be any chance to see cameos from Al, Tiena, and Gant at some point? Wouldn’t have to be as playable characters, thought that’d admittedly be super cool. Could just be an additional mention of their names or something.

EDIT 2: Yo, is that FE4’s ‘Comrade to Enemy’ playing as the combat music in chapter 7? That’s some good stuff!

Why are Douglas’s stats reduced when he joins as a playable unit and his lvl is not? He is already lvl 17, not much chance to train him.

Frankly, the only real problem is that Cath’s personal skill is a bit too op… Especially if she an enemy. Believe me, she’ll move again, steal everything, and then kill one of your healers within one turn… Think about that for a second.

But yeah, I think that soldiers alone should be able to choose between General or Halberdier. Knights are guaranteed to promote into Generals.

So i Play on johnemulator (android) get to chapter 16 narician talk with mudock , narician kill soidier ,Arcard and Roartz talk and then hack crash.

Haven’t had the chance to play yet but i’m loving that it’s constantly getting updates

I’m wondering if it’s reasonable to add death blow (+6 dmg) or quick draw (+4 dmg) to durandal. I understand that it is the first legendary weapon you get and is why the base damage is only 16 mt.

It would be nice if it has a boost in damage, atleast to keep up with the damage the other legendary weapons at a later point

How can I get the staff of saints beside capturing Elimine and stripping her inventory? Will the game break if I do so?

you get it the vanilla fe6 way? (In Yoder’s inventory)

Did u try restarting if not plz do

U get it from the forgetable bishop so i forget his name he comes at level 18 or 20 that too i forgot but he has it and will appear in fight between mudock

Restarting whole run?