Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade 'Remake' [FE6 in FE8] [COMPLETE]

I mention in it in the updated post above. But basically, you can still continue from where you started even if you download the updated ROM. All you have to do is make a save state file of your current ROM and load the state file on the updated ROM. You can do this on mGBA.

Do this on the old ROM and name the state file whatever you want, as long as you remember it.

Then open the updated ROM and do this.

You then load the state file you just made.

Ah, I’m not sure I can do that. I’m using Nostalgia app on my Android to play it, as I don’t have a computer.

Reporting a bug on Debias, the game glitches out and freezes if I try to trigger a support conversation.

So, for the paired endings, here’s a couple suggestions:

Fir x Noah:
“After the war, Noah and Fir went their separate ways. Fate would reunite them again in an arena, just like the first time they met. Noah once more reaffirmed his feelings for Fir, who finally saw that she could live by the sword and love someone at the same time, just like her mother before her.”

Lance x Clarine (starcrossed):
“Despite Clarine’s insistence, Lance was unable to rennounce his vows as a knight of Lycia. Clarine returned heartbroken to Etruria, wondering how she could have fallen in love with a “country knight” of all people.”

Lance x Clarine (happy ending):
“At Clarine’s request, Lance moved to Etruria, and was appointed as her personal bodyguard. The Reglay family took notice of how much Clarine had come to love the Pheraen knight for his loyalty ad intelligence, and he was given their blessing to marry her.”

3 Likes

Rename your .sav file to the name of the newly patched rom and your emulator will read the save as from that rom.

1 Like

this is how i do it too, just rename it !

Nope that unfortunately did not work, it still says new game.

Make sure the save file matches the rom name exactly.

1 Like

Yeah I did. Just to be sure I renamed both FE6. However, it may just be because my emulator just seems to make .sav files automatically whenever you star a rom up. Idk, I’m using Nostalgia. Not sure if I’m dumb and missing something or if it’s the emulators fault. Sorry to keep posting about this XD.

Is the sav file in the right folder?

I’d go into the settings of your emulator and turn off auto saving when you quit the program/start the rom. Messed me up for awhile on mgba on my psvita

Yes, I have it saved in the right folder and wow, I guess Nostalgia was not the right emulator to use. It has nothing to let me change that setting…

Is the game still beatable without that update? I hope so haha. I’m like half way done now.

Gotcha, In that case I recommend JohnGBA. Now I haven’t used android emulators in awhile but that was always my go to. Played rom hacks better than My boy! Imo

Also I believe it to be beatable from the original release. I haven’t updated my rom and I haven’t ran into any glaring problems.

Are you planning on expanding the shops inventory? This FE6 is new school with the tower that allows you to use units you fancy rather than planning a strict final party but the map shops are old school since there’s barely anything good on them. I would suggest making every weapon gradually available (except prf and super weapons) and taking the difficulty up another gear to justify this.

1 Like

Question but does this hack add more/new enemies?
Gonna redo my fe6 playthrough with this only because it has the early Roy promote. Other features I don’t mind but appreciate. I’m just worried if this shouldn’t be my first fe6 playthrough

In the early chapters, some enemies are different I believe from chapters 1 - 8x. After that, the enemy placement is typically the same as vanilla FE6.

Um so about Lilina using Armads…

Spoilers

I understand that giving Lilina the ability to use Armads is cool and she is the daughter of Hector but if let’s say you hypothetically speaking were to planning to create a FE6 sequel, you are aware that Lilina’s death will be in a battlefield right? I’m only asking this to know if you are aware but it doesn’t mean I’m suggesting to remove her ability to use it.

Where is this even coming from? Even going from solely official stuff, she doesn’t do anything involving war beyond FE6.

Even if someone wanted to make a hack as some sort of weird sequel to FE6 you wouldn’t exactly want to write one of the major characters being killed as a plot point.

Or is this assuming the player got her killed? I can’t figure out where you could have concievabily gotten this complaint(?) from other than not liking the “haha small child make axe go brrr” thing here.

I’m not saying i don’t like small child make axe go brrr nor I’m complaining about this hack, what I’m saying is wouldn’t it makes sense if Lilina dies in battle after the events of FE6? After all Armads curses the user to not die in bed or in an illness or old age but they will die in battle. I’m not trying to offend people nor trigger them and heck i also don’t want Lilina to die but the reason i wrote the post in the first place is because the lore behind the axe that is Armads.
I’m sorry if made some of you mad but i can’t help but be curious with the lore in FE6 and especially in this case the Armads.

1 Like

Oh wow this is the first time im hearing this. Neat lore.
Was it addressed? Or is it purely a gameplay aspect?

This is more of me trying to connect the lore of FE7 and FE6. If you played hector hard mode and read the conversation between Hector and Durban you would know what I’m talking about.