Fire Emblem: Maiden of Darkness. Check the OP for updates I do them everytime I achieve now

Well now I know that. Are there new updates on this?

1 Like

You always knew it.

And sure, nothing tremendously major, we’re slogging along fixing up text and pushing it into the game, we’re getting art assets done. It’s mostly just really tediously boring to code text and push it in and make sure it looks good and that it all triggers fine.

Like the lack of updates are not “Oh no nothing is happening” they absolutely are “do you guys really wanna hear about how I spent an hour adding [NL] to the end of sentences and shifting words around to try and hit it correctly?”

I mean I can, I can give you daily updates on that stuff!

1 Like

It sounds good only in the essence of “hey this project isn’t dead!” which is more useful for a weekly thing.

1 Like

Apologies for the rather unnecessary questions, but I am glad that you all are in seemingly good health, and that the project is not dead.

1 Like

Why the chapter 20x will be removed?

1 Like

Because while it was a neat chapter concept the player didn’t ‘get’ anything out of it, no treasure or rewards beyond Roy’s promotion which can serve the same purpose as a cutscene. Also it felt like it pulled away from the theme’s and feelings of FE6.

2 Likes

And how can get the Apocalypse tome?

1 Like

That’s chapter 33x

1 Like

Ok thanks now i’m quiet about Apocalypse

1 Like

Quick update, a lot of bugfixing as we go through the game to ensure that all that remains is plug-in text and graphics. Meaning we get to fix things like “The Defender Sword gives Dieck +100 HP turning it infinite and -?? to all stats, also his portrait was corrupted for some reason, so is the HQ map?”

13 Likes

2020/07/20
Fixed Physic and Fortify usability routines (target list creating function was overwritten by something else, so now they both use the normal Heal routine)
Updated staff accuracy routine to use mag instead of str
Removed high bit from weight values of staffs without proper targets (Fortify, Torch, Hammerne, Unlock), so they only give the base exp
Fixed targetting routines for Warp, Hammerne, and Barrier so they work with Staff Savant
Bringing up the minimap (pressing Start) while hovering on a unit with an aura now clears that aura

2020/07/21
Fixed a bug where [G] would cause the game to softlock when trying to display numbers by updating the encoding for said numbers.
Made the R bubble on the stat screen page start on Skills instead of Strength.
Finished for insertion: Gwendolyn_P, Chad_P, Lugh_P, Sue_P.
Changed palette to match promoted: Chad, Lugh.
Identified attack effect still present in mode 12 for shield armor knights.
Fixed a bug where the Lycian NPCs on Chapter 3 did not have names, and thus broke the game.

14 Likes

Today’s update:

Chad’s skill, Shadowstep (Prototype)

Chad can use Shadowstep as an action via the Shift command to teleport for 3 squares. This gives him, without any additional boots, the highest movement in the game in a single turn. However, he wont be able to attack or loot after using it, so it’s up to the player to determine the right path for him.

25 Likes

Goddamn that’s rad. Kind of too rad for a weenie like Chad :v

Also i immediately assumed the skill was actually called “Shadowstep (Prototype)” and didn’t even reflect on it, that’s some severe-ass anime poisoning right there.

5 Likes

Woah, the fact that Chad can essentially jump in a 3 square radius is pretty strong, allowing for easy bypassing obstacles and getting loot.

1 Like

Chad’s gonna run up and be all “NOTHING PERSONEL, KID!”

1 Like

Indeed, Nothing is Personal. Kid.

19 Likes

Does Shadowstep allow him to move through walls?

1 Like

Yes, it does. It is a teleport.

4 Likes

That is some nice tech!
The additional animations look so smooth!

1 Like

Wow, the ability is cool and it looks cool as well, that is very crazy and I love it.

1 Like