Fire Emblem: Maiden of Darkness. Check the OP for updates I do them everytime I achieve now

I don’t get the hype for minis.
Zoomed face/eyes are better than the ugly pixalated mini mess.

2 Likes

I’m afraid you’ll find that’s an extremely unpopular opinion.

For what it’s worth, I don’t really see an issue with TLP-style minis either.

3 Likes

Chibi minis have far more personality than the cropped face minis, which is why people like them more.

7 Likes

I don’t think an awkward, lazy face cutout is as fun or expressive as a chibi with a goofy smiley face

5 Likes

A mini can be whatever you want it to be. That’s the good thing about it.

1 Like

Low%20Res

Much personality
So expressive.
WoW

3 Likes

So it’s alright to start calling you Sal now, right?

3 Likes

If you want to be obtuse about it sure but this isn’t the thread for arguing about minis.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m putting that boot down. If you guys want to ask questions/discuss things about the project, what have you, I’m happy to answer them or see posts. But don’t complain/argue about things other projects do or don’t do. This isn’t the topic to discuss mini’s vs facecuts.

13 Likes

First things first, I really admire all of the work that you’ve been doing through the years. I haven’t been here for all of that time, but I’d like to think that I’m just as excited to see my favorite game but (hopefully) better. The best part is that you’ve persevered with hacking FE6 instead of moving to something easier. Just knowing that really helps give this a feel of being an update of sorts to Binding Blade. Now on to questions, which I have two on for now.

1. Since weapons have infinite durability, and probably go by the Fates system, will the stat drops be shown like in Fates, as in you see what stats are dropped through the stat screen, or will you try to list them in the weapon descriptions?
  2. Will Lilina and Cecilia’s B support be changed, because Cecilia mentions that Roy isn’t very skilled in magic? Although, maybe Cecilia was just saying that he wasn’t as naturally skilled as Lilina.
1 Like

Just a few questions:

1. Do you plan to add promoted portraits for every non pre promoted character?

2. Are you cutting any characters from the game?

3. Do you plan for Guinivere to be playable?

1 Like

Yes, No, Yes.

1. Both
  2. I’ll likely leave it, adding in a variation for after Roy’s promotion. Roy still has no magical aptitude. His promotion leading to Dark Magic is entirely around his promotion (This is represented in his growths too. Before promotion he has a pathetic non-existent magic growth. Once he promotes it jumps up significantly)
7 Likes

This is something odd to ask.
But will this game have an overworld map like FE8?

1 Like

Nope it won’t. The project is being made in FE6 rather than FE8

1 Like

So? Abilities were introduced in later FE games

1 Like

backporting the world map would be a time-consuming waste of resources, especially because lots of fire emblem fans actively dislike the idea of a world map in a fire emblem game. if there was a world map in maiden of darkness, it would take even longer to make and it probably wouldn’t be looking nearly as complete as it is right now.

1 Like

Fair enough, I mean this game is already pretty sound so it really doesnt need a map.

1 Like

Question. Why switch to the fates style of weapon durability?

2 Likes

Because money is for RedBulls which negates fatigue afaik

1 Like

Might as well throw a question too since the thread’s been hot these past few days.
I’ve been following the project for a while, and I remember there being talk of character-spotlight gaiden chapters, basically a few non-lords having little adventures of their own and getting a bit more fleshing out.
Is that feature still on the table, or have base conversations made them unneeded since you can use them to squeeze out whatever screentime and extra dialogue a given character might make good use out of, and without the need to make more maps and code more events?

1 Like