Fire Emblem Ferrica: Project Kenko

Well I’m using that one, and I’m already confused as I’m frozen on chapter 1. Where I went somewhere halfway over the map & my game got horribly horribly frozen, erroring all around while giving me that screeching game crash sound. I think there’s still some stuff someone may need to look into, because I think it’s an event or animation that might be broken there.

What is your emulation device and what emulator are you using

Visual Boy Advance

Try mGBA and lmk if there’s still issues?

mGBA seems to make it work yes, it was indeed a the villager/soldier trainee coming out of the village as an NPC that caused it to crash every time.

Hi I am going to download and play this today, is it playable till the end?

It is finished main story wise, supports and endings are not done, not sure if I’ll ever finish them, but maybe I’ll randomly get a burst of motivation to Work on this project again.

Later today I’ll post what I’ve done of a rebalancing update with more supports, seeing as this hack is still drawing people.

Alright, I’ve fixed the download link and released the balance patch that I promised I would make over a year ago, if anyone is still playing, I would recommend updating. But be sure to back up as well in case something goes wrong.

1 Like

Triple post merged. Please try to avoid posting multiple times in a row to avoid cluttering the forum. Thank you.

Awesome i used the link i could find at the very bottom of this post. Will probably play again later

So I went back to playing Project Kenko. Everything seems alright and was pretty fun until a couple of chapters in I start seeing some a lot of issues with the game.

Some of these issues involve units going completely invisible for some odd reason, clerics somehow not having any promotion animation, some title screens and maps glitching up, a certain recruitable unit being playable during chapters where he was never supposed to be in, same recruitable unit losing all of the levels he gained since the very start of the game, Summoner in Chapter 17 not summoning anything whatsoever and just sit there, a certain generic soldier disappearing from the roster, text box during some of the cutscenes for a couple of chapters were getting messy (text box stretches way too long, text being mixed up, etc). There were probably a couple more other issues I missed, but these were the ones that stuck out for me.

And the last issue pretty much completely ended my run by Chapter 18. The game ended up being completely unplayable at that point, mainly cause the game keep crashing during the middle of that chapter (iirc, it was around turn 3-4).

1 Like

I need help, the door right side and to get to the throne on chapter 23: Crimson Court Floor 3 will not open. There is no option to open it when i have the door key and i pick it with my rogue and nothing happens. What do i have to do?

1 Like

Is Maras, the wyvern rider in ch11, supposed to be recruitable? He looks like he should be, but I can’t talk to him with anyone, and he unavoidably suicides into my units…

Yes, don’t ask me how though.

It has literally been over a year. I actually loaded my save to double check.

Edit: double checked the rom, angeline recruits him.

1 Like

I’m relatively emjoying this hack so far, but it has a real problem with recruitable NPCs that need a specific character to talk to them, who you’ve got every reason to not deploy, and they aren’t even on the starting map so you can scout them out and see that they need X benchwarmer or whatever to talk to them. It’s chapter 11 and Angeline is the 4th dedicated healer given so far, how many players are going to deploy her?

Still, thanks for the response my dude <3

No problem, honestly just taking a look at the rom in FEbuilder can help out a lot, since its highly likely you may have missed out on possible units.

Fair warning though, Maras is a strong unit overall but his personal skill really bites him in the ass, he’s prone to being killed through being overwhelmed due to his skill always hurting himself.

Also if you did get both Bob and Ivan be warned you can’t promote both of them without adding another Resurrection Seal into your inventory. Ivan becomes a Halberdier who basically can’t die with Sol and Hero, and Bob becomes the only Ranger i think you can get.

And be very careful I don’t remember if it got fixed or not but Ivan may disappear from your roster at a random chapter, I know I informed the Hackmaker but i don’t know if it was ever fixed.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I get what you mean about Maras, very strange unit. And I wasn’t using Ivan so never got Bob, hence my annoyance with the “whoops, you didn’t deploy this one particular unit to recruit Sir Whatsit, which you couldn’t possibly have known to do because the stage has fog of war, guess he’s lost forever unless you restart the level and lose all those good level ups you’ve gotten!” thing. Ah well.

Interesting tip about FEbuilder. I’ve never tried it before, is it understandable by a layman, or do you need hacking experience to understand what’s going on?

Well, personally i know literally nothing about how it works, but I can use it. You can do something as small as, while testing, do live edits of stats, add items, futz with stats, alter item effects/uses/durability, to as big as making stat boosters unbreakable and messing with growths and then save the changes and make a personal rom variant.

Its pretty easy to understand.

Two small things to know about Ivan, he is stupid overpowered, his personal lance can be forged making it an unbreakable killer lance with 12mt and gives him Blossom (doubled growths).

1 Like

Oh, that’s interesting, thanks mate. I’ll have to check FEbuilder out, then. And yeah, I’ve been avoiding forging in general because it seemed OP as hell, I figured you could make some broken-ass units with it.

Eh, it’s not that op, but a few personal weapons can be forged and honestly should be forged. Just to refresh their uses if nothing else.

1 Like