Fire Emblem Fangame Gallery

Hi all!

I wanted to create this thread to have a place to fully showcase (completed) rom hacks. I am aware of the fangame directory, however the goal of this thread is to be visually appealing for people, such as newcomers to find the most popular hacks. I know for me personally, it was hard to sort through massive amounts of forums in search of rom hacks.

I will be editing this over time. If anyone has any formatting suggestions or tips let me know!

Gallery

0746bf23d8974ece17157b790a0fc7acb3ae9ce8

Fire Emblem: Black Fang

0746bf23d8974ece17157b790a0fc7acb3ae9ce80746bf23d8974ece17157b790a0fc7acb3ae9ce80746bf23d8974ece17157b790a0fc7acb3ae9ce80746bf23d8974ece17157b790a0fc7acb3ae9ce8

“Directly following the events of Fire Emblem and setting stage for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, Fire Emblem: Black Fang is an original story of disenchanted renegades fighting to survive against cutthroats, the nobility, former allies, and gods amongst men.”

Featuring: 25 chapters, custom animations, and more!

Play Fire Emblem: Black Fang here!

TESTING.emulator-75

Fire Emblem: Vision Quest

TESTING.emulator-24TESTING.emulator-30TESTING.emulator-31TESTING.emulator-81

“A young farmer, Storch, along with his hometown friends, fear the worst. Seeking to protect themselves and their families, they look to procure funds through less than savory means. Conflicted, the group begins their plunge into banditry in hopes for a better tomorrow.”

Featuring: 34 chapters + 9 gaiden chapters, skill system, custom weapons, and more!

Play Fire Emblem: Vision Quest here!

Fire Emblem: Inheritance

“We prefer not to give spoilers regarding the story, since it is something different and really, we could not give you information on the plot without giving big spoilers, so you’ll have to get in without too many information.”

Featuring: 26 chapters, skill system, str/mag split, and more!

Play Fire Emblem: Inheritance here!

50e4f4bf0466762529c08537c3de1d02d68a8128

Fire Emblem: Book of Eden (In progress)

136b0ed1130deb12f541866efed7ca5dca8bea85-2136b0ed1130deb12f541866efed7ca5dca8bea85-2136b0ed1130deb12f541866efed7ca5dca8bea85-2136b0ed1130deb12f541866efed7ca5dca8bea85-2

“The five kingdoms of Eldrahgo has seen peace for many centuries but when Moira suddenly invades Ashia, the whole continent is thrown into chaos. Strange and eery creatures starts to appear in the least expected of places. To make matters worse, our heroes are not of this world, further alienating them from the politics of Eldrahgo. In the end, alliances will change, friendships will falter, and the world will tremble as the foundations of the continent is challenged…”

Featuring: 17+ chapters, skill system, custom classes, custom world map, and more!

Play Fire Emblem: Book of Eden here!

Fire Emblem: The Last Promise

2-0220000028111-(23072013_124818)3-0225000079440-02260011767

“Across the continent, there are people ready to fight back to their dying breath. One of them is Siegfried, a former Knight Commander who has been in hiding ever since an injury he received from ten years ago. With his pain serving as a reminder of the vow he made that fated day, he and his son, Shon, take up arms to gather allies and do whatever it takes to stop Magnus from dominating the continent.”

Featuring: 40 chapters, custom animations, custom classes, and more!

Play Fire Emblem: The Last Promise here!

Fire Emblem: The Last Royal

“During the war the young Atlas Silver siding with Apollo sneaks into the territory of Artemis and her Falling Moon knights on a secret mission to end the war, but of course there is more happening behind the scenes when a highly advanced military group from a different continent arrives to end the war for one side. But which side do they fall towards?”

Featuring: 19 chapters, skill system, custom classes, custom animations, and more!

Play Fire Emblem: The Last Royal here!

Fire Emblem: The Road to Ruin

1xhy08T1xhy08T1xhy08T1xhy08T

"Pandosia, created by the four goddesses, has seen its fair share of war and peace. Now is not a time for peace. A war has begun between the neighboring countries of Aksum and Sybaris. Sybaris has ambushed Aksum’s close ally, the small country of Mora, without warning, massacring many.

A group of mercenaries finds themselves caught in the middle of this war where not everything is as it seems and the events of the past collide with the present…"

Featuring: 20 chapters + 2 gaidens, custom animations, and more!

Play Fire Emblem: The Road to Ruin here!

ElVqJsC

Fire Emblem: The Sun God's Wrath

f7c4IylCaml6wIEeG3ngeLIEPTKh

“The story follows Astrea, a member of a mercenary organization called Propater, as she fights to restore the world that the sun god, Pyron, seems intent on altering in his ideal mold. You meet, work with, and fight against people from CT in this adventure, and make some new friends along the way. It’s best not to think too hard on it.”

Featuring: 27 chapters, skills system, third tiers, custom classes, and more!

Play Fire Emblem: The Sun God’s Wrath here!

FERDOP.emulator-2

Fire Emblem: Reborn Dimensions, Olethian Princess

FERDOP.emulator-25FERDOP.emulator-28FERDOP.emulator-4FERDOP.emulator-23

“Reborn Dimensions seeks to fix these problems with the original hack, telling a new story based vaguely off of the old one that uses many of the same characters. FERDOP uses humor and concepts from the original DDOP, as well as new ones from my imagination and the Fire Emblem community.”

Featuring: 13 chapters, custom classes, and more!

Play Fire Emblem: Reborn Dimensions, Olethian Princess here!

download

Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

tumblr_mt4upmfPLE1rlhuboo1_500

“The story follows a young promising Aukeman officer, Renair. Her job is to protect the border from bandits who attack civilians. Whilst doing her job, she finds herself fleeing the country, getting deeper into a plot that threatens the entire continent they live on, Kalias.”

Featuring: 2 routes of 14 chapters, custom weapon icons, story routes, and more!

Play Fire Emblem: Dream of Five here!

Fire Emblem: The Four Kings

imageimageMarvinsave point

“The story centers on three brothers: Walter, Lionel, and Terril. They are the royals of the country of Askia in the land of Ibril. Terril is the current king, and he sends his brothers out on a diplomatic meeting with the king of the western nation of Behanzin. But the brothers constantly argue, and when things get rough, their relationship becomes strained even further…”

Featuring: 29 chapters, skill system, concurrent route split, and more!

Play Fire Emblem: The Four Kings here!

11 Likes

I support this, but I also think that it’s important to highlight incomplete hacks. After all, it’s the unfinished ones that would appreciate feedback more. It’s your thread, though, so do as you like, but including a section for incomplete projects would be nice.

I would also be interested in having some way to dynamically feature different hacks each day/week. If the list is ordered at random, then it eliminates bias. That said, I wouldn’t know how to do that or if that’s even a possibility on these forums.

Actually, this got me thinking: maybe I could feature a project each week in the getting started thread. I would just link a different project thread each week near the top without anything extra. I won’t do anything just yet, but that might be nice to do.

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing - I’d appreciate being asked next time if I’d like to be featured. There are other projects I’d rather give spotlight to than my own at this point.

I’m w/ Vesly and think that it’d be better to show off in-progress projects, too. I do like the idea of giving some sort of central space w/ more visual appeal outside of the directory. Honestly, I think that we could prob just give a visual uplift to the directory since everything is linked there anyway.

I’m wary of ranks since these are hobby projects and it’ll inevitably end up with people feeling bad / excluded.

8 Likes

If you dont mind adding my Rom Hack Fire Emblem 6 Refurbished 2.0 Final Patch it would be cool but like the other comments said, put some spotlight on incomplete roms and help them get off the ground.

2 Likes

I agree with the others about giving spotlight to incomplete projects but just my 2 cents since personally I like to play complete hacks since I don’t have too much time to play atm, I appreciate you putting complete rom hacks to the fore front so I don’t have to dredge through the directory just to find one that is(and sometimes it’s not even listed there). I think we should have a separation of the 2, one post for completed hacks(and by no means ranked since this isn’t a competition and should be played without bias) and one for incomplete rom hacks that the creators are currently looking for feedback on. That way everybody nobody is excluded and should feel disheartened by any means. I’m a long time lurker on here and just think this might be a good starting point to everything. Also of course ask permission before posting them because it is still their work and how they handle publicly displaying their work should still be up to the creators.

2 Likes

Big recommend FE Black Fang. Gameplay feels weird at the start since the characters aren’t pretty, sprite work is rough but the writing is the best I’ve experienced in the rom hacking community, and it is such a shame that so few know about this amazing hack.

4 Likes

The overall purpose of the thread is more to showcase completed hacks for casual players looking for entire hacks to play. It is less oriented towards feedback. Also, thank you for the suggestions!

2 Likes

It is less giving your project a spotlight and more showing it off in this list. The main goal of this thread is it to act like an aisle at a video game store. Users can look at screenshots of projects and pick through which ones they would like to play. And I was unaware of the nature of the hacking community, and I realize that ranking might not be best in this situation.

3 Likes

Love the Idea, but i agree with the others that showing incomplete projects would be pretty cool aswell. Maybe have a seperate

thingy like this

to show incomplete hacks, so it doesn’t take away much space?

Maybe even just finish complete projects first and then jump onto incomplete ones as a second phase of sorts

1 Like

Could the directory be updated to include this information for select projects that want to submit extra details for promotion? Will be easier for you than maintaining this yourself.

I’m not sure, I’m not in charge with the directory. The screenshots and quotes I use are all from the original creators, so there is no new content. I also just enjoy documenting this, it’s not really work for me.

Also, after consideration, I may include incomplete hacks, but that will be after I finish the completed ones.

Also, if anyone could help with the screenshot sizes for inheritance, that would be awesome. The rest are formatted the same, but somehow they won’t go side by side and remain under each other.

1 Like

Book of Eden is an incomplete hack.

My bad! I must’ve looked over this! I will either remove it or move it to another section for incomplete hacks. Thanks!

The directory is a wiki post so anyone can edit it (otherwise it would be impossibly tedious for anyone to add their hacks). It’d still likely be worth bringing up to the site mods to propose such a change, but pinning this thread or putting it somewhere more reliably visible would also require as such, so 🤷

I don’t feel comfortable changing the format for the wiki. This is my personal documentation and is public so that other people can use it for convenience. It is not meant to replace the directory. Everyone is free to use it, or not.

Also, does anyone know if it is against the rules to link hacks that are no longer downloadable due to being taken off dropbox or another site? I have patches for hacks like project z and midnight sun that still have a significant amount of polish and chapter length.

A number of people find that directory from the Getting Started thread.

I think we should avoid posting about hacks that have been removed from feuniverse. I know that Midnight Sun has transitioned to an indie project, for example, and I’m pretty sure that the author would not appreciate very old versions of the project being advertised and distributed. However, if you want to advertise the indie project, you may.

2 Likes

Okay, that makes perfect sense! What about old hacks like project z, that were uploaded on other forums but never made it to feuniverse that were cancelled?

don’t reupload it unless you can get in touch with one of the original creators.

in general, I don’t have a problem with keeping old stuff for archival purposes, but don’t distribute it here without permission of the authors.

1 Like

Sounds good! Thanks for clearing that up!