Fire Emblem: Emulation Theory

Any particular chapter?

Thank you for it! I’ll look further to try fix it.

Did anyone get past chapter 7? Asking since it could be an universal softlock or something along those lines. I still can’t replicate it

That is due to the supply not being activated properly.

Example: If the supply is unlocked, but not fully in the patches menu, the game will
try to have you put an item in the supply.
But since it is not FULLY unlocked, thus not being able to use the supply, it crashes since it conflicts with drop in supply and discard item scripts.

At least that is what I think. I messed with a little bit of the supply and this is what I ran into on my time of FE8 hacking.

1 Like

Yeah in chapter 4

1 Like

Did another test, turning animations on or off still causes the softlock.

1 Like

I appreciate you testing things out. I found the problem and its in the map itself (so there’s nothing you can do to avoid it). If the map objective is to Rout instead of defeat boss, then it’s the cursed version of the map and the game crashes. I have no idea why but the hack randomly shifts between both versions whenever I’m the one testing. Once I fix it the hack will be updated and I’ll send everyone who got softlocked a patch to skip back to chapter 7. If you got stuck, please send me a DM so I can get you the link whenever it’s ready

Good to know it’ll be fixed :pray:

Hey. I’m playing emulation theory but I’m stuck at chapter 7 with ephraim. After defeating the last enemy no the castle map the game crashes. I tried to restart and replay the chapter and same thing. the 2nd mission always says to defeat all enemies

2 Likes

Welcome to the “Wait for the fix” club!

1 Like

Hi! A bit of an update here: my computer doesn’t work

I had the skip patch ready (I can’t fix the bug yet, so I made a patch to skip that chapter) and was about to send it to everyone, but out of nowhere my computer just doesn’t want to turn on anymore. It’s pretty old, and it’s really hot out here, which may cause the computer to die. I’m really sorry, this bug is killing me. I wish I can at least send the patch to skip, but all I can do is wait.

2 Likes

Waited this long, but longer won’t kill me :smiley:

Hey I’m having to keep an eye out for my characters items because if they have too much the game just freezes (it doesn’t crash but I can’t do anything). It’s really annoying because in the last chapter the enemy drops so many weapons so it’s hard not to have to reset a level because of that.

Yes, If I recalled correctly, I fixed that issue before my PC crippled. Did you use FEbuilder to skip the softlock?

Hey, remember that thing that I said about me not being able to fix my computer? Well I had to use another one for this patch.

New patch is up! This one is a short one which fixes some glitches:

• Fixed the issue where the game would crash if a character with a full inventory got another item-
  • You can now skip the second half of Chapter 7. It is not fixed yet, but you can skip it now and proceed with the game.
  • (Spoilers) Fixed a crash in Chapter 22 and Void 5’s end events. Added a proper end music to Void 5’s end event.
  • Units that are adjacent to Eirika can now use the convoy.
  • Minor text fix in some endgame chapters.

I’ll be sending the patch which skips the first chapters soon! Thank you!

4 Likes

how do we use the skip? Do we just restart the chapter and beat the first half?

Hi there. So I’m at the chapter void 4, Climax and after killing all enemies the game map doesn’t finish is this how its supposed to end?

1 Like

Someone else had the same issue. They said they fixed it by killing the 3rd faceless before its transformation.

Yes. Sorry for the late response

I did that… i killed the 3rd and the fourth before they completed their summoning. I’ll do i again. This time I’ll kill them ALL before they complete their little ritual

1 Like

Okay that workee for me

1 Like

Hello, I seem to be having an issue on chapter 5 part 1 where I kill one of the brothers and then rain comes then the game just straight freezes and I am unable to do anything

chapters 1-4 have been great so far tho

2 Likes

so I’ve hit another issue point…Chapter 22 during the second enemy phase something happens that just causes the game to freeze. Save State from the player phase before linked below if that helps.

1 Like