Fire Emblem - Doubled or Nothing [COMPLETE] (FE8U)

trueeeeeeeeeeeee

Quick progress update on Chapter 8!

It’s coming along right now, expect it to play very differently from the current version. The unnamed Myrmidon has been replaced by Polyph, a Manakete whose various Dragonstones grant a wide variety of defensive and offense options in terms of the stat boosts (and nerfs) they provide, on top of their different durability levels and ranges. Overall, this is to me a far more fun implementation of that specialized, weapon specific matchup type design that the myrm used to have. Manakete won’t promote, by the way.

polyphfear
fenrirfenrir2

7 Likes

Chapter 8 is in a presentable state! Right now, Normal and Hard don’t have any differences besides autolevels but it’s very much playable

Edit: there’s a patch too!

5 Likes

this hack is so cool archer u r so talented <3

3 Likes

Thank you itsmebee, creator of project rock

2 Likes

Hey!

I’m testing around with an update that nerfs Simon’s EXP gain (soldiers in the most recent public version still have the lower class power they do in vanilla.) The trade-off here is that enemy soldiers will give more EXP, and Simon with get buffed elsewhere. It’ll probably be ready sometime this week

2 Likes

alright, put out a tenative patch featuring this altered simon. i’d like feedback on his usability and unit feel

1 Like

Chapter 9 is presentable now! I’m still looking for feedback on various things related to pacing, but I’ve updated the dropbox with the new patch containing it. As always, any criticism is greatly appreciated.

cryreverie
ligh32res

9 Likes

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… I’ll try it out.

1 Like

Chapter 10, the final map in Doubled, is out! It’s a map designed after Light from FE7.
splitdeploylighttobiasnewmug
axeslayerlassdalton

18 Likes

fixed a couple things quickly as is expected with a new release, always bugs abound:

• Titan’s Knife now has a proper throwing animation.
  • The strong Pegasus Knight in C2 and Kiirus now have 4 AS as intended, rather than 2.
  • Steel Bow gives 2 WExp instead of 20.
2 Likes

Coolio, gonna play this tonight.

1 Like

Is the story complete too?

There is no plans for a complete story as of right now, I just dont enjoy writing.

So its a pure gameplay hack? thanks i know enough.

after I finish ch9, the next chapter is still ch9, why is this?

Are you on the newest version?

Yes, and this is my sav file

hm, i dont know what to tell you

EDIT: figured it out lol, new patch momentarily

huge bug found, c9 would load back into itself if you didn’t rout the map. dunno how this got past me LMAO