Fire Emblem: Dark Lord and The Maiden of Light

actually, it’s the deepest lore

Ah, yeah, that shouldn’t be like that. I’ll update it right after this post because that’s a major oversight.

1 Like

Just finished the entire hack. I liked it a lot!
The only problems I have with the gameplay is that I feel like there aren’t enough promotion items in the early game, how limited physical 1-2 range weapons are, and the ambush spawns in final chapter - 1. But other than that, I enjoyed the game quite a bit.

I do have a few questions reggarding the plot however.

Spoilers

1- What’s up with Niya? I saw her battle quote with Maximillian and, yeah that happened. I also find her extremely weird as a whole.
2- Who or what is Morana?

2 Likes
spoiler 1

Niya is an avatar of the old gods, who had a presence on the continent before Brauma showed up. They’re not very important to the story but they’re part of the background. It’s kind of out of no where now, but they’ll be touched up on in supports dialogue.

Spoiler 2

Morana is the tactician’s long lost mother. Again, it’s another background thing that will be alluded to in supports. … This is yet another post that motivates me it finish all the support dialogue.

2 Likes

I’ve just remembered something. Did the Vendor in Chapter 2 sell Lightning tomes? There was what appeared to be a recruitable female Monk in the Village who said she’d help fight if only she had a Light tome to use.

1 Like

It wasn’t my intention to make her seem like she was recruitable in that scene. But you know, you’re the third person to ask me that question. I’ll have to rewrite her dialogue a tiny bit so people don’t feel like they missed something.

so i’m at chapter 15x and realize the boss (Lotz) has a member card. does that mean there’s a secret shop? if yes, where?

It wouldn’t be much of a secret if I told you where it is.

1 Like

In chap 2 there is a soldier that cannot use javelins because of his e ranks, is this intentional?fe7%20dark%20lord%20and%20the%20maiden%20of%20light-1

1 Like

no, it isn’t.

Hey, a friend of mine has been playing the hack and he has one question:
What are the requirements for the gaiden chapters?

Also, Niya has Ninian’s death quote:

1 Like

That’s unusual since that shouldn’t be there. That quote isn’t even on the death quote array thing. But since that IS Ninian’s character slot, it doesn’t surprise me if it’s tied to a bunch of special things. My only solution is to copy paste Niya’s death quote text into that text slot too. That’ll be in the next update, for sure.

As for gaiden requirements, to be honest, they’re very basic. I imagine most people will get them automatically. I normally like keeping things secret but they’re barely a thing anyway, so I’ll spill the beans on them.

Gaiden reqs

6x - The two stationary monks survive in 6.
9x - Blair is alive.
15x - Fight Max with the tactician in 15-3. They don’t have to beat him, just initiate the battle conversation.
Ahribaal’s 21x - Beat 21 in 15 turns.
Kotan’s 21x - Defeat the boss.
25x - No requirement, this one’s free.

Both 21x’s are the only ones I can see some people actually missing.

Hey, this looks like it could be interesting! I’ll give this a look later. I’m already digging the character designs (and the tactician not being a generic-looking, androgynous everyman). Some of the mechanics adjustments seem quite ambitious, making this being a finished project impressive. I’m looking forward to seeing how they actually work in practice.

̶ ̶A̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶R̶o̶n̶a̶l̶d̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶u̶y̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶r̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶e̶e̶m̶e̶d̶ :crossed_fingers: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

It’s not a problem but Tactician can change his/her/apache gender whenever they want fe7%20dark%20lord%20and%20the%20maiden%20of%20light-2 fe7%20dark%20lord%20and%20the%20maiden%20of%20light-1
Edit:

Spoiler

Where is secret shop? I can’t seem to find any

2 Likes

I am very interested in this may give this a go and recommend this to some people.

Q: Who’s Kiri

Well, let it be known Ronaldo is actually my favorite character.

Spoiler

They’re secret.

She’s the aforementioned playable manakete. She also talks like a vampire. She knows much but tells little.

If you're curious about her humanoid look

43kiripale2

Also for ones looking forward to them, support dialogue text is roughly 15% done. It’s a slow process but it’s coming along. I was roughly at 0 at the beginning of November.

got through all of the chapters and the gaiden’s and wow this was an awesome romhack. can’t wait to replay it once the supports come out for it… thanks for making the hack!

1 Like

And thank you for playing it. Glad you enjoyed the ride.

1 Like

welp what happened to the wyvern lord clovis after it?
And (maybe a sequel) (I luv hacks with new classes animation and manaketes (yay))
and ggwp u did a great job

Q: Will THere be a sequel and who do you ship in game?

@TytheBub

If he is alive, he becomes one of the new wisemen of the emperor. I’ve been flip flopping on if I should add endings for the three allies that show up in the final or not. For the sake of people who are curious, looks like I’ll do it.

And thanks, glad you liked it. Kiri almost didn’t make the cut because I didn’t know if I could make a functioning manakete in 7 at first.

I’m pretty fond of Orion and Chandra. It’ll make more sense when I add the support dialogue in. Also Dale and his crops.

As for a sequel, I don’t know. That depends on if enough people want one and my motivation. That’s two people so far though, so that isn’t a bad start. I’ve definitely got some ideas to go off of if I ever start another project though.

1 Like