Fire Emblem: Dark Lord and The Maiden of Light

so i’ve been playing the hack, and about at chapter 17 the chapter after you get the manakete, the game just crashes, and i can’t do anything about it. any suggestions on what to do?

17 and the game crashes… this appears to be a recurring trend. someone in an earlier post had the same problem and they fixed that by using a different emulator. try that.

is there an emulator in particular i should try?

mGBA. If you’re using Visual Boy Advance then there’s a good chance that it will do this even for the vanilla games. In the worst case scenario it will corrupt your save file to the point where you have to start all over again.

I’m looking into playing this hack, is NO$GBA a good substitute? VBA’s my preferred emulator, but when that isn’t an option I use NO$GBA.

i used VBA when making it, so it should work with that.

Been playing this one and so far has been an absolute joy. I’m on chapter 25 and already thinking of picking it up again after i go through my catalogue of hacks to play, and using different characters (except one i’ll definitely need again to kill a certain dark druid). The story/obvious betrayal atm is kind of weird and the MCs being toyed with is weird as well. Hopefully the antagonist has a good reason for this at the end.

It would be nice to have an earlier Fell Contract, because it’s used for brigands and pirates as well. the one you get from the chest in the fog of war church chapter is very late into the game

would also love to know gaiden chapter and recruitment conditions because i obviously missed some, including an enemy that had an A support with whoever “Lotz” is

something that needs to happen is showing which enemies move or not. especially the siege tome enemies. incredibly annoying losing so many turns from trying to bait units and they don’t move

1 Like

myBoy worked for me
but not for fe requiem (another completed hack)

no, it’s absolute suffering at the finales
and couldnt get ronaldo with good stats so abandoned assassin

Oh he “died” WAY early on for me which is why I’m glad Shanks exists. That said, that is one problem I’ve noticed: There aren’t enough lockpick uses to carry you through all the potential treasure you can encounter.

1 Like

combined with the normal keys you’re given, there is

Which reduces the value of both thieves. Thieves have enough trouble being useful as is without their existing purpose being usurped by door keys and chest keys. Really those things are only suppose to be there for in case you lose ALL of your thieves.

1 Like

not the case here since the hack is designed around using both lockpicks and normal keys in mind. you can consider that a flaw but it can’t be helped without me restructuring several maps which i’m not doing. you can’t get all the treasure in the game with normal keys alone, either. and there are several enemies in the game with treasure you can only swipe off them with a thief.

I am loving this game, its very challenging at times, well done! :slight_smile: i got a question about chapter 19, a old lady talks a inn in town but everytime i go there is empty, is it a requirement i need to do to trigger something? like a certain unit? i have being trying that chapter for 2 days now @.@

Yes, only certain “sharp-eyed” units will be able to fulfill the requirements.

Spoilers

Tact, Aislin, Ronaldo or Shanks, I believe

thanks! :smiley:

Who said you needed to redesign the maps? The maps themselves are fine as is. I don’t think putting another lockpick somewhere would be too much to ask for, though.

2 Likes

i was using visual boy.
do you know where to find a safe download for the emulator you mentioned?

that is the one i’m using, and that’s where my issues came in. should i download another emulator for it to work, or is there something i can do with this one to fix it?

look at this guy coming up with simple and practical solutions while i’m thinking of obnoxious and hard things.

i’d try another emu. i don’t know why it wouldn’t be working on the same one i worked on the hack with. the only other thing i could think of is maybe you patched the wrong rom. the patch works on a US rom of FE7. i’ve had people use an EU one and apparently that messes things up.

i believe i am using a US version, but i guess i’ll have to use a new emu.