Fire Emblem: Curse of the Edge[CANCELLED. Three Chapter Demo]

Hello there,

I’m gold, you’ve probably seen me if you’re just lurked around the discord in the past month,
You’ll most likely find me saying or doing dumb things, etc.
But that’s beside the point, today I have the start of a project here.

What/Why is this project

Curse of the Edge is a hack being designed with the thought of:
What if everyone was a edgy, angsty, asshole, and, well, thats what I have here right now.
This all started with a joke I made one day in The Design meta of the discord:
and then I got this response:
and that’s when the hack was born.

This hack currently has no real coherent plot(which will come later) so take anything currently said within it with a grain of salt.
Some features currently implemented:

features

-This hack uses the skillsystems patch, so expect skills.
-The sword line has been renamed to Edges.
-the lance line has been renamed to spears.
-the axe line has been renamed to hatchets(Spears are now short spears, and the hatchet is now the Hurlbat).
-Mercenaries have been renamed to Swordsman and Heroes have been renamed to Champion.
-Does edgy characters count as a feature? Sure. Why not.

Screenshots:

Plans

-20+ playable units.
-20+ playable chapters.
-A angst and edge filled story, complete with edgelords, and assholes galore.
-A new weapon tier to replace slims.
-maybe, possibly a fee3 presentation

Issues

-Cats at play in the end event of chapter one is obscenely loud.

Thank you for checking this project out at all, and I hope this could have made you laugh at all whilst playing. If you find any issues, please leave them here on the thread and I will check it out.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sOp-tz_LS7oVHS0H0UOcSCMWlKLBH12Z?usp=sharing

9 Likes

i shit my pants

3 Likes

Some changes where made:
-Harrison now has an existent skill stat
-The Duelist’s blade has 10 more uses
-chapter 1’s title is properly capitalized

Time for some feedback.

Ch. 1

• Felt a little slow, but it’s chapter 1 so I feel it’s more forgivable, a super rough ch 1 can be daunting.
  • Move the armory/vendor, you need to backtrack to use them and that’s annoying. Also maybe add an iron lance to the armory selection.
  • Boss should move, he’s kind of a joke since the archer can take him down in 2 or 3 hits with zero trouble.
  • The .s for FE10’s Cats at Play is ear piercingly loud.

Ch. 2

• Alexander’s name is very slightly too long to fit into the prep screen, causing it to show up as Alexande. There’s nothing wrong with narrowfonting a long name.
  • Chia’s base spd of 4 is way too low for her to ever be good, she gets doubled and ORKO’d by everything in the map except the light brands (when they’re at 2 range) and the archer, and she lives and dies by her coinflip speed growth.
  • Some of the starting enemies moved next to my guys without attacking.
  • The boss feels like an FE6 boss. 30 avoid gate means he has 50 avoid when using his heaviest weapon, plus he has daunt.
  • Nash’s first enemy is a lance user. And he’s a myrmidon. I think this is self explanatory.

Overall, I still had fun, but obviously, being a first release, there’s still rough patches here and there. Just stick to it and you’ll get there!

2 Likes

Some changes have been made

• avoid formula is now speed + luck
  • Nash is no longer trapped by himself for several turns on end whilst being poisoned
  • all enemies with only attack while adjacent have been changed
  • Jonny now starts moving on turn 7 of chapter 1
  • Chia just plain got buffed
  • Chapter 2 got a rework to it’s left side.
  • some chokepoints were removed
  • Kira’s prf has 60 uses instead of 25.
2 Likes

Update coming soon™️ For now enjoy this edgy boy, who are what could he possibly be?

2 Likes

New update out now! Featuring chapter three, and everything that comes with it.
Download it from the current download link in the op.

I have a development discord now! Stop by for anything of that sort.

UPDATE: This project has now morphed into a non edgy, regular length hack, thank you to anyone who has shown interest, and I hope you keep up in the future

8 Likes

Based

Why am I posting this here? Because I can. Even though it got canned, you can still watch the games fee3 presentation.

4 Likes

You aren’t going to progress this hack anymore?

I don’t want to sound rude, but scroll up a couple of messages.

Hey it’s all good, I read that but from what you said underneath the Fee3 post it came off as you were canning the whole thing. I just misinterpreted what you were saying about it. My bad for sounding dumb :sweat_smile:

Nah it’s all good.

Is the jack finished? I would like to play it : )

Read the title. Read All the posts in this very short thread before asking this please.

1 Like