Fire Emblem: Cornwell's Ascension

Hello all! I just finished my first large-scale hack of FE7.

A hack of Fire Emblem The Blazing Blade that follows House Cornwell and its scions. It involves a slight twist in the plot of Lycia, wherein Cornwell was standing up against Ostia’s rampant corruption and was destroyed because of it. Follow Raven and Priscilla on their quest for justice and their opposition to emerging forces of darkness that threaten Elibe. For fans of the original game who want to revisit the nostalgia of The Blazing Blade with new and updated chapters plus expanded recruitment options.

I’ve made a webpage with more information and the download itself, please check it out!

www.cornwellsascension.com

Please post if you find any glaring issues as you play it, and enjoy!

11 Likes

This looks neat, I love the Cornwell squad so I’m looking forward to trying it out when I’ve got some time.

It’d be cool to put some screenshots in this thread as well to help get more eyes on it. I’d also recommend checking out FEBuilder for future bugfixes, as it’s got a lot more power and support than FEditor and Nightmare do these days.

3 Likes

The prologue is pretty ridiculous even on normal. All of the enemies being lances made sense when it was Hector, but with Raven the hitrates are much worse, and his starting inventory weighs him down too much to double, as well the weapon triangle problem (raven 4hko’ing wire with the armorslayer is pretty wack).

Yes, the first few levels are a little difficult. I made a few changes to make it a little easier than it would be otherwise, but still very challenging. While I do think it is harder than regular Hector normal mode (fewer allies overall), it does get easier in comparison to the first few levels. Save state/load state are your friend!

Ok this hack just rewrites so fe7 events never happened

It starts at the same time as FE7 does, but it focuses on different characters, with a slight change in the narrative/lead up history for FE7. For example, in this Ostia is corrupt and crushed House Cornwell for standing against their corruption, instead of Ostia being the ‘good guy’ and disbanding Cornwell for their legitimate crimes. It’s still very much FE7 though.

Played up to 13x. Can’t say I enjoyed it so far. I played on normal mode of Raven route and a lot of chapters become absolutely hellish due to rather poorly thought out enemy placements. Why does Chapter 10 still remain filled with lance users when the player has two sword users? Why is Chapter 11 nearly impossible if Raven doesn’t have the strength to OHKO pegs with the iron blade?

Some script errors
Ch11 intro is the steel warrior and genral thing right? It feels like hectors intro
Right upper corner should be ostian fortress not oastian
And somehow he just mistake leila as an enemy right after meeting up with her?
Maybe u can change the event?
Raymond death quote wrong
Dont tell me u reuse every map from vanilla

It seems the difficulty has been a recurring theme. I went in and changed the first two chapters a bit to make them a little easier. I did playtest this quite a bit; 2x through from start to finish and each map at least 3-4 times. My goal was to have it be a little harder than Hector normal mode… but the people have spoken, and hopefully it’s better now; definitely want it to be playable! (also updated a spelling error and death quotes)
Thank you so much for the feedback!

After unsuccessfully trying to recruit Wallace with Kent, Sain, and Florina, I was compelled to open febuilder to see that only Lyn could, despite the recruitment guide saying “Wallace can be recruited by a number of Caelin allies on your team.” I suggest either of these get changed.

Fixed; thank you for bringing that up!

Excellent work! As soon as I can will try it out! :smile:

Thank you; let me know what you think!

how do you recruit erk? priscilla can’t talk to him and he didn’t join after the chapter while alive.

It seems that Priscilla’s convo with Raven and her convo with Erk have the same flag, so getting one locks out the other.

Yep, I just play tested it. If you talk to Raven first, you can’t recruit Erk. I’ll have to fix that in the next patch.

Thank you for catching!

1 Like

which chapter do i recruit lloyd and linus?

now we have three Raven story hacks.

I believe it’s around CH24. It’s about 2/3rds of the way through the game.

Thank you! I checked in FEBuilder and they join on Linus’s FFO (Four Fanged Offense) map. Are the FFO maps still a choice

Summary

VS Eliwood and getting Wallace
VS Linus and getting him, Lloyd and Geitz

I’m wondering because I want to know how much I should level up Raymond, Priscilla and Lyn to get a specific one.