FIRE EMBLEM - Code of the Black Knights: Decisive Edition (30 chapters)

Talk to person at top (not Narida)

1 Like

which one? there is no one, i cant talk to the cleric (Lauren), there is no talk command

1 Like

I don’t see any reason why the talk command isn’t showing… Could you send your save via private message so I can check what’s going on?

1 Like

Don’t worry, the excel doc is just there so that you can check the stats.

1 Like

Thanks for the tutorial, but I’m no artist… I can make one or two combat animations, but an entire animated intro is completely out of my field.

1 Like

What are the promotions for each T1 class? I’m guessing:

Lord > Knight Lord or Great Lord
Commander > Spectre or Grandmaster
Archer > Sniper or Ranger
Myrmidon > Swordmaster or Assassin
Mercenary > Hero or Ranger
Soldier > Halberdier or General
Thief > Rogue or Assassin
Mage > Sage or Mystic Knight
Troubadour > Valkyrie or Mystic Knight
Cavalier > Paladin or Great Knight
Fighter > Warrior or Hero
Monk and Priest > Bishop or Sage
Cleric > Bishop or Valkyrie
Pirate > Berserker or Warrior
Wyvern Rider > Wyvern Lord or Wyvern Knight
Pegasus Knight > Falcoknight or Wyvern Knight
Shaman > Druid or Summoner

Is this right?

1 Like

Aside from Heroes, who are renamed Champions in this hack, you are correct in all of them.

1 Like

Does the weapon triangle even exist?

1 Like

Yep, there’s also the Anima weapon triangle, in which Fire is strong against Wind, Wind is strong against Thunder, Thunder is strong against Fire.

1 Like

Reason I said that is that there should be no reason that an axe should have like 67 hit against a sword

1 Like

Apparently hit rates were buffed, especially on axes so Maria wouldn’t die chapter 2. LOL.
Maybe giving her, +1 con, making female warrior/hero give -1 con on promotion, and giving her a C rank with Josephine from the beginning might fix it? Or give Hermes more time to reach the west side of the map. Or just give Maria a prf swordreaver or something. If it’s bothersome you can edit the values in febuilder on a patched rom, it becomes less of an issue late game and makes duelist’s blow more satisfying imo.
wish terrain wasn’t nerfed along with hit rate being buffed but whatever

1 Like
Feedback

Code of the Black Knights_1610712645848

I have a sense of Deja Vu… look, being real here, ag least one of three things needs to happen:

Either get rid of his Siege tome for his chapter, get rid of Hawkeye, or nerf his Magic stat as an enemy unit.

Actually better idea: Get rid of the second pair of thieves that spawn- if those fuckers open up the doors to Drew’s chambers early, it turns the chapter into a goddamn nightmare.

This boss is already unfair as hell, because you’re using an army that doesn’t exactly have a lot of people with high res, and with the usual drawback of siege tomes (low hit) not being an issue with Drew, this essentially means that there is a HP threshold a unit has to have at all times, or else be one-shot.

Especially since other enemies that can soften you up for him can move first and damage your units, making the possibility of any preventive healing attemps stick potentially very RNG based.

There’s no easy way to get to him in one turn either once the doors open up, let alone kill him- and if he switches to Elfire, it’s going to be death for whoever attacked him.

Silence Staff is not a solution either- that’s only available to you potentially on one of the two routes at this point. (And it also relies on RNG to some extent to get ig to work).

I think you also need to check some of the promoted enemies again in the early chapters, because some of them have stats that are more appropiate for later on down the road.

Case in point, this woman from Chapter 11:
Code of the Black Knights_1610712883641

No unit that you essentially have to defeat should be this fucking powerful at this point in the game. Not even on Hard Mode. That Steel Blade of hers doesn’t even slow her down that much in practice because 21 Speed means that even with Rallyman and Elizabeth support, very few units are going to be able to not get doubled by them without extremely good level-ups in the speed department, and doubling them would be even harder.

That low Res would be a weakness to exploit… except for the fact that there’s a MAGIC SEAL she’s in the radius of, which handily takes away that potential idea as an option to deal with her.

Sure, Lewis and Seal Speed could help remedy this- but that doesn’t change how I think that these stats, which let this enemy one-round even with WTD, are downright ridiculous for this point in the game.

Not even Artemisa can solo her with the Brave Lance unless she gets lucky with a crit or two- and that’s saying something not good.

Oh and speaking of Seal Speed: FUCK that skill SO much. It’s not fun AT ALL on the enemies because (IIRC) it means you either have to kill them in one go, or suffer a -4 penalty to Speed that doesn’f fully fade away until four turns later.

Four points of speed that potentially make all the difference between getting doubled and not. Four points that can determine whether or not you can double. You get the idea.

Please, for the love of god, replace it with something else that’s less annoying to work around. The other Seal skills are annoying, but something you ultimately can work around.

Seal Speed is just flat-out irritating.

2 Likes

Actually, that boss has two very big weaknesses:
3cf299f0e521b7948c5b9499269e3efa084f0d59
Meaning that you can kill him in one turn before he switches out his tome, especially if you use Cidelith weapons. Even if you cannot eliminate the thieves, he can be dealt with by using ranged attacks from outside the building.

The leader in the chapter before it is meant to be a sub-boss, so having stats above your units is a little justified. If you lure her out, survive one hit then attack with several units then she should go down like any other unit.

2 Likes

ok thats good

Now Maria can actually use her speed stat without getting weighed down

1 Like

Speaking of Maria, I’ve taken Yasako’s advice and gave her a prf weapon!
Fire Emblem - Code of the Black Knights V1.01 Jan 2.R2.emulator_04
Fire Emblem - Code of the Black Knights V1.01 Jan 2.R2.emulator_05
(I nerfed it a little but it’s still quite effective.)
She and Josephine can now fend for themselves more effectively.

This will debut in the next version, which should come soon enough (And likely doesn’t include the ranking :p)

3 Likes

Well, the thing about the former one is that, going in blind, a first-time player might not know to take advantage of this- and I honestly don’t think it’s fair to build something around something that a blind player might not know.

The leader in the chapter is a sub-boss, sure, but like, I still think those are outrageously high stats for that early in the game… and now I’m wondering what exactly the stats for the Chapter 11 boss were for comparison.

3 Likes

do all valkyries promote into master knight? For example Mithra, Sally and Abraham can all become one

1 Like

Correct! Mystic Knights (Mage knights but renamed because if they promote from trobadour they can’t use anima until T3) will also become Master Knights.

1 Like

Potential final classes for all characters correct me if I’m wrong):

Schwarze: Exalted Knight or Lord Regent
Noir: Naga’s Fang or Queen
Cecil: Silver Knight or Gold Knight
Hermes: Dragonheart or Apocalypse Rider
Maria: Reaver or Duelliste
Josephine: Gold Knight or Silver Knight
Oliver: Messiah or Archmage
Zero: Apollo or Silver Knight
Elizabeth: Matriarch or Archsage
Lewis: Silver Knight
Crescent: Deadeye or Silver Knight
Hazel: Red Wizard or Whisper
Mithra: Master Knight
Sei: Dark Druid or Necromancer
Cyan: Ashura or Reaver
Subaru: Silver Knight or Vanguard
Isaac: Master Knight or Archmage
Mjoll: Seraph Knight or Apocalypse Rider
Mia: Master Knight or Matriarch
Angel: Enchantress
Walker: Trueblade
Hiryu: Whisper
William: Reaver
Tolkien: Ashura
Rowling: Seraph Knight
Iris: Apocalypse Rider
Abraham: Master Knight
The shade: Dark Druid
Aurora: Silver Knight
Argent: Gold Knight

Spoilery characters

Artemisa: Dead
Sally: Master Knight or Archsage
Hall: Seraph Knight or Apocalypse Rider
Jin: Archmage or Master Knight
Rose: Whisper or Dreadfighter
Blaise: Baron
Liam: Sonneteer
Lowell: Sentinel, Baron or Dragonheart
Grey: Demonslayer
Jaeger: Dragonheart
Kayleth: Necromancer
Elias: Gold Knight
Celia: Deadeye
Kelly: Duelliste

One last thing, if you are ok with it, can you make mercenary units permanent by certain methods (i.e. Taurus B with Mithra, Nikolai third tier before Ch 18 etc.)? If not, that’s fine with me.

1 Like

Actually, Isaac cannot go through the bishop line, he shares the Archmage/Master Knight with the other mages.

1 Like