FIRE EMBLEM - Code of the Black Knights: Decisive Edition (30 chapters)

Really excited to play this hack, but I’m trying to remain patient while the final few finishing touches are added.

1 Like

First off, about the portrait, I couldn’t ask for more. Thanks :smiley: .
You actually presented some good questions. The reasons the mechanics you mentioned are as they are are because:

Endgame spoilers

There are many other techs to kill both bosses easily, such as rally stacking (I actually one-rounded WW in one of my test runs with just rally-buffed Tolkien and one dance) and siege tomes (If I remember correctly protection against siege tomes is disabled in EX2).

The buffs to accuracy are actually meant to fix a huge problem in earlier versions of the endgame, where your avoid rates are so high that without the accuracy buffs you are effectively invincible and the enemy hits jack sh*t D:. I also did it because missing one attack on the early game can easily spell death for your unit.

The fan-fangames thing are something that I’d be totally happy with (With credit of course)! The problem is that it cannot be done in this ROM since it’s more saturated than a League of Legends server. COBK sadly literally cannot fit a single more map, only replace previous ones (In fact I had to recycle one map to get EX2), due to both the way the game’s coding and the fact that I’m almost out of memory…

1 Like
  1. Extract the .ups file from the RAR.
  2. Use an external program such as LunarUPS or FEBuilder to install the patch in Sacred Stones. Carefully follow the instructions that the program tells you.
  3. Profit!
1 Like

The theme is just supposed to sound melancholic, not sinister :sweat_smile:
Maria is built to start as a glass cannon, then grow a little more bulky as the game progresses. Although, it is possible for her to end up too short on defense (which has happened to me a lot).
Also, remember that losing a unit will immediately empty their inventory (The exception being some of the plotline deaths), so while I would not call it a bug, you should still be careful around that.

Spoilers on Schwarze's promotion item

You probably figured out already, but Seiken always had a much lower amount of uses than Gawain (30 vs 50). This is because on chapter 12, when the Seiken is upgraded to Seiken+ it’s amount of uses gets reset to 30.

By the way, I can’t open the google drive document. It says access denied…

1 Like

Oops!

My bad lmao. Link’s fixed now!

Looking forward to seeing what you think of the newest tale now!

I’m currently split on whether or not to do one focusing on the boss of Chapter 8 or a certain event in Chapter 16 from a certain person’s point of view…

2 Likes

I just have this to say: :cry:

(also there is a typo in Schwarze’s name)

1 Like

I see. Well, uh, the next one is… it’s going to be a sad one, alright…

Also, noted- I’ll fix that typo at some point.

1 Like

sad one

Oh no

The Artemisa thing, right?

1 Like

Did you like the others so far?

Answer

Yep. I’m fairly certain you can also guess who’s P.O.V it’ll be written from.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m pretty happy with how the stories have gone.

Wild guess and also CH16 spoilers

I’m betting it’s going to be Artemisa’s death, but from the sniper’s perspective.

1 Like

Yay!

Answer

Ohhhhh no. Trust me. This one’s going to hit where it hurts…

Here’s a clue: It’ll be my first time writing for one of the named characters.

1 Like

Here we go…

Even the title would be too much of a spoiler for what happens, tbh. I should warn anyone who reads it though, it contains MAJOR spoilers for Chapter 16.

If you’re interested in reading it, you can read it by clicking here.

Feel free to let me know what you think of it.

1 Like

I mean, it’s well written but…

Summary

There are just many plotholes.
Oliver already had a mother of whom he had fond memories. She passed away about one or two years before the events of the game, but she is even referenced in one of the extra scenes. Meaning that by the time Schwarze finished his training, she was still alive.

For this very reason, Oliver probably saw Artemisa as a close family but hardly as a mother.

This, along with the fact that Oliver never told any details about the Kalm Palace vision to Artemisa (Or anyone, for that matter), unfortunately brings down the whole case…

Still, I appreciate that you took the time to write it :slight_smile:

1 Like
Summary

I should indeed fix that. Thank you. I didn’t likely catch that because it was an extra scene; I’ll make sure to fix it tomorrow first thing.

I thought the story I wrote made it clear that Oliver didn’t tell her anything about it, beyond the ‘you only have a short time left, use it wisely’, but then again, that’s what revisions are for.

And thanks! I hope it was good otherwise. I’ll let you know when the revisions for it are complete~!

1 Like

I fixed the story I wrote! Hopefully this falls more in line with canon now…

On a side note…

Feedback on new units

Mjoll is great for when she joins. She literally has everything she needs to thrive on this map.

(Also gave me a reason to use Cyan more for the Support rank needed to keep her.)

I’d ask for Cyan and company to appear in the base, but uh, given ROM limitations… you get the idea.

2 Likes

Fire Emblem - Code of the Black Knights V1.1 January 7

Oh noes. it Hans

1 Like

Hey, I inserted the portrait into the rom using febuilder to test how it looked ingame, and uh, his face is GIGANTIC. I’ll fix it tomorrow if I have time; it shouldn’t be too hard aside from having to redo the frames (although they should be in the same place).

Spoilers

Here’s what it looks like next to William and a preview of the new sizing (I just shifted some pixels around)
sizing

2 Likes
Endgame C

Dammit, Layton (I dunno how to embed vids so sorry)

Also, I was pleasantly surprised you added me in the credits section! Thanks, man!

There’s also a tutorial for custom openings, if you’re interested.

1 Like

how does one install the third tier classes? its an excel doc so im not quite sure, or is that to just show the stats?

1 Like

Hello! First of all, this is the best hack I have ever played. It’s even better than Last promise, which has been my favourite hack.

I am currently stuck in

Chapter 24, unfortunately, the game resets itself everytime I talk to a certain NPC (NARIDA) Green unit. Can somebody tell me how to move forward?

Thanks a lot! I am stuck in this chapter, talked to every NPC, actually nothing happens I want to move to the route split!

1 Like