FIRE EMBLEM - Code of the Black Knights: Decisive Edition (30 chapters)

Warp. Thats how I beat the map. Or don’t play endgame C. It’s the worst endgame map by far.

Is it possible to beat Ch.26 when you accept?
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia)

Alright, I’m back to grinding this game. I’ve resolved to field Artemisia and the scout Jaegen and things are going much, MUCH more smoothly.

As a teaser, here’s some exclusive footage of me critfishing with Taurus as my first action of the chapter.

1 Like

there’s no such thing as easy mode lmao

1 Like

Wow! how did you make those chapter title transitions?

It’s thanks to a patch developed by Huichelaar, you can check out his ASM stuff :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Devil Axe

@Mycahel Does Code of the Black Knights have anything to do with Path of radiance?

Nope, there are some references to other FE games here and there but the plot is completely unrelated.

1 Like

Yeah but you’re going to want someone with a % damage after combat skill and a ranged healer. The former helps take down the bosses even if you’re not well-leveled and the latter keeps Mr. Meatshield alive until you can get to the bosses.

Alright, I made an acc in FEU just to review this amazing hack. I finally completed the game to an extent that I am satisfied with; specifically seeing endings A to F. I started a New Game only once though, and held save files for Ch24 and later to explore all branches. I missed the Black Knights version of Chapters 7 (but I saw the pre-battle cutscenes for it), 21, and Endgame-D, as well as Sylvan’s version of 16, but I don’t feel like replaying that far back.

Story and Writing

The story was pretty solid, and it also quite captured the general feel of FE games, while also being consistently interesting and engaging throughout the entire game. The story did feel quite rushed in routes C and D, but it also wouldn’t have been appropriate to pad them out further, so I think this was a good balance.

That being said, I really want to praise the general writing, which was excellent! Even simple unremarkable events are presented in a very entertaining manner, which really impressed me. The humor was also top quality, though there are some minor cases of inappropriate timing, like Zero’s entrance in Ch3, which should otherwise have been a very serious moment.

However, I do think the story writing got weaker in the last sections, like after the wedding. I suspect that this might be caused by creative freedom being restricted due to the necessity of tying up the story and resolving everything. This is actually similar to how FE4 has weaker Gen 2 writing, or FE10’s awful Part 4, despite maintaining high quality before that point, though I personally consider Code of the Black Knights to end on a much higher note than either of those.

I especially found that the Sally vs Hall conflict didn’t really strike me emotionally, possibly because I checked out the opening cutscenes for both 7A and 7B, which made it clear that I wasn’t going to get both Sally and Hall. While Sally’s attachment to Hall was brought up a few times in the story and supports, it felt like a minor side detail that wasn’t properly built up in preparation for Lover’s Folly. Personally, I think this would’ve worked a lot better if the character you missed (Hall in my case) actually shows up properly before the timeskip and plays a significant role, like providing support remotely from Kalm. While this might lead players to predict that the character would get killed off, having to actually fight them would be quite an intense development in that case.

I also think the Lauren flashbacks were presented too fast all at once, and it would have been better to pace them more consistently, e.g., a single flashback for every chapter from the timeskip to the wedding, with the flashback event possibly being at least marginally related to the present scenario. I think this would help with having Lauren as a more notable character in the player’s hearts, regardless of whether Schwarze is marrying someone else or not.

Speaking of characters, I really loved the character writing! To the extent that I wish there were actual fanfics of these characters! Most characters are really unique and kept me really invested into them once I unlocked their Supports. I am really glad there is a completed Support Viewer, which I fully intend to utilize.

Presentation

FE8 already has a nice presentation, but this hack also had a LOT of new battle animations and soundtrack, far more than I’d expect from a hack. As a fan of Yggdra Union, I was really happy to hear several of its tracks being adapted here. The original tracks were quite well done as well though it’s also possible that some of what I thought were original might have been from a game I haven’t played.

The new battle animations are also really cool, with no notable flaws that would hint that they weren’t from the original GBA FEs. Red Wizard has my favorite animations, and is probably the main factor that pushed me into giving Hazel Tizona.

The character portraits were really good, especially the transitions across the timeskip, and I wish I could find fanart for some of these characters. There are a few rare cases where where the portrait would remind me of the original FE sprites that it was derived from, but otherwise, most of the character art felt like original characters with brand new designs, as if they were constructed from scratch.

Gameplay

The gameplay design is quite a step up from the FE8 that it was based on. While some features aren’t original, like skill sets being in many other hacks, it’s still notable that they were implemented really well here. There are also some key factors, like the anima magic ranges or the LightningRod, that have drastic changes on significant aspects of how to play the game, all of which I found to be improvements over the general FE systems.

There were also some really neat chapter designs, often incorporating some interesting features, often causing me to treat the chapter as an individual puzzle to solve, without being able to rely on established standard approaches like brute force or turtling. There was also some nice gameplay-story integration, like going pacifist in Ch14, or waking up to disaster in Ch27B.

But there were also a few chapters that irritated me, like Ch29A being unnecessarily long and tedious, and that was with Tier 3 units curbstomping everything. I can’t imagine how stressful it would be for players with a weaker party. Ch11 had an evil Juggernaut waiting to murder somebody after the door is opened, with Archers for support, unless the player knows what to expect. Ch27B, despite its incredible story integration that I mentioned earlier, is really cruel towards players who haven’t trained the units that show up early in the map. On the topic of forced deployments, Endgame-C fixing the entire party could be a nightmare for those who haven’t trained the forced units, especially since the good weapons might already be held by units that were not deployed, e.g., Celia couldn’t access my Crescent’s Giantsfeller. The map even has endless reinforcements rushing towards the vulnerable untrained units, forcing you to either clear the chapter fast (which is also hampered by Layton’s unexpected revival if you don’t have the foresight to kill with Avalon) or let them die. Note that all of my experiences are from Normal Mode, so I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the reasonable chalenges for me are not so reasonable on Hard Mode.

Despite the frustrations, most of the chapters were very enjoyable, and it was incredibly satisfying to achieve victory after execution carefully planned strategies that accounts for the various challenges. In particular, Endgame-B and Last Stand were my favorite chapters in this hack.

Route Comparisons

I feel like there was a lot more development effort towards route A than the other routes. I think A was the only route that thoroughly explained all of the relevant information, and left no mysteries or loose ends. Despite Layton being less relevant in route A than the other three routes, it is only through route A that we get the Lost Chapter that sheds most of the light on Layton. This is also the only route to have a separate lettered Ending for failure, and there are other little things like Schwarze learning Luna through Josephine (due to the A-rank Support, maybe?) that are exclusive to Route A.

That being said, route A is probably my least favorite of the routes, where I felt that White Weapon was more of a significant milestone story-wise than a final goal, and I especially disliked how the resolution of the Kalm-Weissholdt war was reduced to a written narration that it concluded after 15 years. This was the major conflict for the middle one-third of the game, before the Weapons became relevant, but it was resolved offscreen like a postscript. I also found the gameplay chapters of route A to be rather uninteresting and tedious (especially 29A), where you generally don’t need to worry about any overall strategy beyond advancing your army to eliminate threats.

Route B, or rather, Route E, is my favorite of the four routes, for both the map designs and the story. While it left some details missing that were revealed in Route A, the conflict was resolved in a very satisfying manner, with no further issues. I actually find the Route B ending really unrealistic; surely the rest of the Black Knights would no longer be trusted if Schwarze was revealed as unleashing the Black Weapon? Especially since they waited until after the threat was eliminated to actually disclose Schwarze’s involvement? At a time where he was conveniently on a ship, sailing away from Lumae? Concealing crucial secrets during an apocalyptic disaster should raise a lot of eyebrows.

On the other hand, Ending E was perfect imo. Despite deviating from B only at the end, its direction made far more sense. The entire Black Knights are held responsible, and it is very suitable that the other nations to continue to unite in order to bring the summoners of the Black Weapon to justice, which plausibly leads to maintaining the federation to prioritize continent-wide threats (like the Black Knights) over national differences. Having the Black Knights wiped out was also a far more significant sacrifice than any of the other endings, and was quite befitting for the objective of saving the entire Lumae from desctruction. When I first started Last Stand, I was confused as to why my units would actually fight at this point, but I then realized that this was necessary in order to demonstrate the necessity and the effectiveness of the federation, making it less likely for the federation to be abandoned shortly. I also feel like it handled Layton the best, presenting him as an actual threat that required multiple components to finally neutralize him, with the destruction of Umbra in Last Stand eliminating his last sources of power, completing Kayleth’s earlier efforts.

I have mixed feelings about Route C, where I liked the general tone and atmosphere of the prison escape v2 + execution. While it focused on taking down the mastermind, I felt like it was rather unrealistic for the Kalm-Weissholdt war to end simply by Layton dying, especially since he was only recently elected to Prime Minister, and I’d expect a democracy to have less reverence towards their “ruler” than other types of nations. Still though, the gameplay atmosphere was great, and I also really liked having Celia and Kelly for the final battle.

Route D felt the most rushed, by far, but I actually feel like that’s very appropriate for what it is, where you’re basically eliminating all the threats after you already failed to prevent them from wrecking enormous havoc. Gameplay-wise, it was a very nice challenge mode of sorts, where you have to face all three of the final bosses of each of the other routes. The story, however, had very little emotional weight, with Noir’s forced death coming out of nowhere. At least the impact on Schwarze’s character, dialogue and actions, were handled quite well.

Best Units

Bearer of Avalon: Noir
Noir
Despite her skills being mostly geared towards helping allies, Noir’s own stats allow her to become a one-woman army who can wipe out entire squadrons by herself for most of the game. Even her lowest stat, Res, is still good enough to handle a few hits that she can recover off of through Nosferatu. She was pretty much my best unit for the first half of the game, and she continued to remain really powerful even after other units began to shine brighter near the end of the game.

Bearer of Knell: Schwarze
Schwarze
On the other hand, Schwarze was the other way around. He started off pretty strong, but was still a liability in tougher maps and needed proper support to make sure he gets through enemy phase. But once he starts promoting, he starts to become more and more self-sufficient, until his Tier 3 promotion allows him to completely obliterate everything on his own, with high chances of activating Aether to keep him alive. Endgame D was a joke with him, even without eating any statboosters (I had benched units hold on to them all to free up convoy space)

Bearer of Diraigeki: Sally
Sally
Admittedly, her high stats are partially due to Metis’s Tome, but Sally was already killing a lot before that, with great skills to kill anyone that lacks high Res (which is most enemies). She seems to particularly excel at using siege tomes, often critting with them or even doubling (either through Adept or natural AS). And when she does get close enough for bosses, she can fire Diraigeki for the ultimate finishing blow, slaying the Black Weapon in both routes B and D.

Bearer of Hades: Mjoll
Mjoll
With the sweet innocent face of a terrifying monster, Mjoll scores a lot of kills. Her stats may not seem impressive, but Puissance and Trample allow her to annihilate a good chunk of enemies, with Pragmatic tearing through huge-HP enemies and bosses that were hit before. And then she even gets Galeforce on top of that at Tier 3, which is an enormous strategic boon in positioning units to deal with threats while advancing. Sadly, her Skill was quite low, which can hurt her reliability sometimes and prevents her from dominating with Brave Lance.

Bearer of White Rose: Rose
Rose
Admittedly, I was a little disappointed when I realized that her Prf runs on her Mag stat, but hitting Res and having 1-2 range was already great enough. But it wasn’t until Tier 3 that Rose turned into a complete monster, easily exceeding 100 Crit rates to ensure that even the worst RNG outcomes cannot stop her from critkilling. Her high Speed also lets her evade a lot, allowing her to safely advance on the frontlines and “tank” enemies to some extent.

Bearer of Giantsfeller: Crescent
Crescent
Then we have the pure glass cannon, Crescent. While her durability is poor, and there is a (very low) chance for the RNG to deny her the kill (unlike Rose), her high Str, amazing Skl, and powerful skill set lets her take down the greatest of living walls. I wouldn’t be surprised if Crescent Bow makes it near impossible for her to fire a vanilla unskilled uncritting shot. But then she gets Giantsfeller with its ridiculous 1-4 Range to make sure she can always reach whatever needs to be handled without worrying about retaliation. Well, except for enemies with Foresight, who wall her completely coughBlackWeaponcough

Bearer of Caduceus: Oliver
Oliver
I didn’t realize how enormous Oliver’s Mag stat was until he actually promoted to Bishop and was able to damage enemies, going from solid healer to solid healer + powerful mage. The skill combination of Miracle + Wrath lets him easily tank a hit (such as a siege drawn by LightningRod) and then punish enemies hard, with Live to Serve helping him heal off the damage right back. While Sally and Elizabeth both overtook him eventually on offensive magic, Oliver was still the ultimate staffbot, with Staff Savant and Powerstaff on top of his high Magic. You know that a unit’s skillset is busted when you decide to overwrite Wrath out of all the other options.

Bearer of the Re-Move skill: Angel
Angel
Refreshers have always been amazing, but Angel’s skill set and promotion raise her to a whole new level, with flight movement ranging 10 squares, Canto, and most importantly, Re-Move. It’s especially crazy how Re-Move interacts with Canto where she gets one opportunity to trigger Re-Move after her Refresh, and then another opportunity to trigger it after she completes her Canto move! That’s two opportunities for a single action, and it can proc multiple times in a turn! Combined with her 10 flight movement, it’s not uncommon for units from opposite sides of the map to keep getting extra actions within the same turn.

Rest of the Active Party

Bearer of Luxterra: Elizabeth
Elizabeth
Until Rose promoted, Elizabeth was my crit machine, with the additional bonus of having a horse (through Valkyrie) and having a decent Magic stat. While she critted a lot with Shine when near Hazel, her damage output fell off near the end where Shine wasn’t strong enough and her crit rates weren’t reliable enough with other tomes. Still a solid crit mage for most of the game, along with staff support on promotion. The occasional Purge crits were especially sweet.

Bearer of Tizona: Hazel
Hazel
Hazel was always hanging around near her aunt, especially with Celerity allowing her to keep up, gaining nice Support bonuses. Her stats weren’t too amazing, as expected for the thief line, but they were good enough for general combat, especially after I gave her Tizona for Holy Saber crits, which was quite notable against high-Evade enemies. Fortune avoiding enemy phase crits made her one of the safer options against killer weapons for when I couldn’t trade around the Hoplon Guard, but she couldn’t tank too many hits in the first place. Acrobat helped her fulfil important roles like raiding the boss in 28B or clearing out the entire southeast island in 27A by herself.

Bearer of Goddess Axe: Josephine
Josephine
Josephine was probably MVP for the first half of the game, where her huge Def allowed her to tank many physical attacks (including the evil Juggernaut in Ch11). Unfortunately, she was less useful for the second half of the game; while she still had amazing Def to tank physical attacks, she struggled to actually kill enemies, which was far more important. Still, she had good proficiency on the three melee weapons, which allowed her to utilize TriAdept very well. Countermagic was less useful than I hoped, since she generally can’t survive multiple magic attacks, but punishing the occasional mage was still quite nice.

Bearer of Lucifer’s Comet: Shade
Shade
I benched Sei because I was running short on Dark tomes for Noir at a time when managing inventory and funds were difficult, but I realized later that I’ll want somebody to use Lucifer’s Comet and started investing into Shade. He was okay in general combat, but his main highlight was Tomebreaker, which not only allows him to dodge through enemy mages and erase them with Luna, but it also provides excellent accuracy on Eclipse against the Weapons. This was actually quite crucial for taking them down quickly, on all routes (except C), but Shade didn’t do much else besides that. In particular, I’m really upset that he only has 6 Movement as a Dark Druid, which is the lowest from all the Tier 3s I’ve seen, tied with Necromancer.

Bearer of Fiery Fang: Grey
Grey
Grey is great for general combat, but I felt like he didn’t really have anything that really stood out from the others. That is, until I reached 28A, where I was pleasantly surprised that Hiryu had a Steal option to collect a Fiery Fang (which doesn’t have a display Weight), and it got even better to discover that it was even better than Diabolus in all areas except Crit, with the Brave effect ensuring the kill. The Dragonstone was also nice for dealing with Dracozombies.

Bearer of Sticky Fingers: Hiryu
Hiryu
Hiryu is rather unremarkable for combat, though at least he’s not terrible. His main highlight is the Steal+ skill, which retrieved many Physic staves, Fimbulvetr tomes, and Silver Lances among other things. I think this helped a lot with money management and inventory supplies, but it’s hard to actually calculate the payoff of investing into Hiryu. The Body Ring was the only statbooster I used in my entire playthrough, and I’m not even sure if that was necessary for getting the Fiery Fang, which was pretty much Hiryu’s biggest achievement.

Bonus Extra MVPs

Annabel
You only get her in three maps, but she is invaluable in all three of them. On 29B, she can safely stand back to help Jaeger survive the assault of endless reinforcements, at least long enough for your units to arrive at the exit, while you don’t have to worry about any permanent losses even if she dies. She is similarly useful in Endgame-B, where she can really slow down the charge of the endless reinforcements, with Kayleth easily replacing her to distract the enemies again, buying a lot of time for your units to advance and take out Black Weapon.

But where she truly shines is The Last Stand. I genuinely believe that if I did not heavily utilize her, I would not have been able to survive for the full 23 turns. She attracts attacks, and can last for quite a while before she dies, only for Kayleth to bring her back. While Protection helps her survive longer, I found the Physic spawn more useful to freely heal a mere mortal from my army. On turn 23, when Noir collapsed from the Shadowbrand, I was left with just Kayleth and Schwarze, and it was really appropriate that the final gameplay action for the entire route B was Kayleth summoning Annabel as the screen faded out.
GenericMatriarch
Yup, a generic Kalmite that doesn’t even have a proper name disclosed. But she can use the Fire Emblem and gain Powerstaff, which is arguably one of the most broken skills in the game. If you have one other unit with Powerstaff (Oliver for me), a Warp with 3+ charges, and a Rescue with 1+ charge, this faithful Matriarch can complete the necessary components to allow three active units to approach White Weapon for a turn 1 clear (Schware + two others, excluding Noir and Elias).

Questions
  • How do I recruit Jaeger in Route A? I got him in Routes B and C, though I’m unsure of the conditions for getting him in C. I assume that he simply needs to survive 29B to join in Route B? I’m still baffled on how to get him in Route A though, since having him survive 28A is insufficient.
  • Why does Black Weapon have a white color scheme, while White Weapon has a black color scheme? I feel like this reversal is intentional, but can’t quite figure out why, nor do I recall any explanation within the story.
  • Does Noir learn any skills from gaining A Supports? Schwarze learned Luna in Endgame-A through Josephine, but I left Noir without any A-Support, hoping to recruit Jaeger.
  • What does Hoplon Guard actually do when equipped, aside from acting as a 0 Might sword? The description says “Equip to block attacks”, but I have never seen it block any attacks when equipped. It already blocks crits from attaking the unit holding the shield, even if it is unequipped.
  • Why don’t Oliver and Grey have any special battle conversations with Helman in 29A? Even Velka has special battle conversations, with Elizabeth and Haze. By the way, it actually really hurt to see Elizabeth and Hazel only discovering what happened to Velka so late in the game, about four years after the incident.
  • When starting a chapter, there is always a short scene of five colored stones distributed to the top and then a sixth red one appearing. What does this represent? I initially thought that there were actually five runes (I was suspecting Gabriel of hiding one), and that the red stone was some other special thing related to the runes, but none of that seems correct. What exactly is being presented here?
  • Who was the Rebel Crusader? From the Glossary, I suspected it was Talion, but it doesn’t make sense for Schwarze to be a descendant of Layton. Is the mystery around the Rebel Crusader deliberately left unresolved, with the only known detail being that they were Hadaric?
Suggestions
  • For chapters with force-deployed units (especially 27B and Endgame-C), let the units be based on those who were present in the previous battle. This would ensure that most/all of the units are those that the player invested in, as opposed to benchwarmers that are underlevelled and/or unarmed. It should also prevent valuable and/or legendary weapons from being inaccessible due to being held by units that aren’t force-deployed.
  • Add a preparations screen to Endgame-D. The selected units would still be locked to Schwarze-only, but at least then Schwarze can trade stuff with other units, enabling better inventory management, including the consumption of statboosters, and retrieving valuable items like Hoplon Guard.
  • Increase the Movement of Dark Druids and Necromancers to 7, as befitting a Tier 3 class, instead of just 6.
  • Get rid of or nerf the evil Killer Lance Juggernaut in Ch11.
Errors
Visual Bugs (Irrelevant for Gameplay
  • In Chapter 2x, after every clash with the boss, the Chapter Clear! message shows up, with the rank even, but the chapter doesn’t actually end until she is actually defeated (as it should be).
  • Whenever Blaise dies, the dialogue portrait and death quote are of the Ch18x boss. I observed this in 18-3.
  • Character levelups show the pre-timeskip art even after the timeskip, though I suspect this might be a known issue that requires too much effort to try fixing.
  • Mjoll’s profile doesn’t have updated timeskip art. I can only see the post-timeskip art through Talk conversations. This issue does not seem to arise with other characters.
  • Post-timeskip Sei’s blinking animation magically moves her mole up from her cheek to right below her eye
  • Once promoted to an Enchantress, Angel’s Refresh command is called “Blazeknife”.
  • When AssassinHiryu procs Lethality with a Silver Knife at 2 range, the animation displays close-ranged attack over the empty space in between.
  • In the Interlude after Ch27B, Rose asks to leave. If you allow her to leave, then the following conversation between Schwarze and Adrian is presented as a note in the Interlude map, as opposed to regular dialogue.
  • After slaying Black Weapon in route B, when Schwarze is surprised that Adrian says they’re meeting for the first time, his dialogue portrait changes to his young self.
  • Rune Shards disappear in Route A when you get the Fire Emblem (the Fire Emblem seems to be formed from them), but they remain in Route B (if you haven’t used them yet) even after getting the Fire Emblem. I am not sure about Route D, since the Rune Shards were held by benched units that I could not access in Endgame.
  • Ending F has characters dying one by one, but doesn’t include Crescent or Mjoll. I’m guessing the characters added later were not incorporated into Ending F (so Cyan, Isaac, and Abraham may also apply).
Gameplay-Affecting Bugs
  • In Ch29A Preparations, going to Check Map results in a black screen that seems to be irreversible, thus forcing the player to reset. This also means that the Formation cannot be changed except by altering the order of selected units. While this issue can be worked around, it’s especially annoying in that the B button goes to Check Map, which is also the same button used to skip the cutscenes safely.

• In Ch27B, the right village cannot be interacted with, even if you try to visit it very early in the chapter. This hurt my rank on Normal, so I suspect it would make S-ranking impossible on Hard, in addition to depriving the player of whatever the village reward is.

• In Ch28B, I got a C-rank despite fulfilling all of the required conditions.

• In ChEX1 (Route C), it seems impossible to remove the fence, even after visiting both “villages”. The units who visit indicate that they disabled the respective mechanisms, and that the fence can be taken down, but there seems to be no way to actually get rid of the fence. As it is, I think this chapter is impossible to complete unless a Warp staff is used to send a unit across the fence.

Oversights
  • In all endings, if Schwarze-Josephine have A support, Josephine mentions that “Noir and you” can worry about governance, but Noir is dead in Ending D.
  • ChEX1 has Schwarze receiving a message from Kayleth in prison, even though it’s possible to get here by letting Flynn die in Ch25, before Schwarze meets older Kayleth. Similarly, Endgame-C has Liam speculating that Kayleth was involved in the rescue, which only fits if C route is entered from route B, as opposed to route A or Ch25 Flynn dying.
  • Some houses, like the Ch21 house with Greenplate and the Ch25 house has the visiting character speaking, even if Crescent is the one visiting.
  • Ending D has Schwarze and Shade having their usual discussion on immortality, even though Schwarze doesn’t gain immortality in this route (unless Noir’s sacrifice somehow granted immortality).
  • Zero’s Ending in the overworld epilogue refers to an “Edward” instead of “Zero”, though his identity is not revealed in routes B, C, or D (unless you enter C from A or B, maybe, but not sure)
Text Errors (grammar, punctuation, etc)

Ch1

• “proven to be a right choice” → “proven to be a correct choice” [just flows better]
  • “Weissholdt’s already prosper economy” → “Weissholdt’s already prosperous economy” [proper is a verb, the correct adjective is prosperous]

Ch2x

• “royal princesses” → “royal princes” [pretty sure Oliver and Zoyla are male]

Ch6

• Cecil-Noir talk: “sparrying match” → “sparring match” [spelling, unless you deliberately wanted to combine sparring and parrying into a new word]

Ch10

• Noir-Jaeger, “contemptable” → “contemptible” [spelling]
  • Noir-Jaeger, “the people needs” → “the people need” [“people” is plural]

Ch10-interlude

• “Having gone through Alexander an the territory of Clan Braveheart” → “Having gone through Alexander and the territory of Clan Braveheart” [typo, missing D in “and”]
  • “they bring the councilmembers back” → “they bring the council members back” [council members are two words]

Ch11

• Noir after chapter: “Don’t worry, we’l find him” → “Don’t worry, we’ll find him” [typo, missing L in “we’ll”]

Ch12

• After chapter, after Crescent’s note: “Scwarze” → “Schwarze” [typo, missing H]

Ch13

• Overworld, “exhasperating” → “exasperating” [spelling]

Ch14

• Beginning “I’m still waiting their report” → “I’m still waiting for their report” [missing “for”]
  • “No one saw it, as always, but I was!” → “No one saw it, as usual, but I was!” [flows better in context]

Ch15-2

• Lily, turn 4: “The medics have told me that the ilness has gone terminal” → “The medics have told me that the illness has gone terminal” [typo, illness should have two Ls]
  • Green Plate guy: “The only mistake is you, impostor” [probably intentional, but it’s spelled “imposter”, unless you’re referencing Among Us]

Ch16

• Vert (to Sylvan): “have this sentimentality” → “have sentimentality” [flows better]
  • Vert (to Grey): “a casuality that happened during your pilgrimage” → “a casualty that happened during your pilgrimage” [spelling; I assume you are referring to casualty to indicate a death, as opposed to causality, which refers to how the outcomes arise from causes]

after Ch16-2

• Kid Schwarze: “sparrying practice” → “sparring practice” [spelling again, though I suppose I can imagine Schwarze making up a new word that Noir started using and teaching Cecil]
  • Kid Noir: “You’re exhasperating” → “This is exasperating” [spelling + the original phrasing doesn’t make much sense]

Ch18-3

• Noir-Josephine TALK: “first time we see eye to eye” → “first time we see face to face” [the phrase “eye to eye” is more about opinions and perspectives, but the context here is about simply seeing each other physically]

Ch24

• Mithra to Josephine: “humbleness is an important value” → “humility is an important value” [the correct noun for “humble” is “humility”]
  • Liam to Schwarze: “Besides if people” → “Besides, if people” [missing comma]
  • Markov (Cecil’s and Noir’s Dad): “both my sons joined the Royal Academy” → “both my children joined the Royal Academy” [pretty sure Noir is a daughter, not son]

Ch25

• (if Flynn dies in Part 2) Noir: “I’d wish we could have done something” → “I wish we could have done something” [grammar; expanding the contraction means “I had wish we could…”, which is incorrect; saying “I’d wished we could…” would technically be correct, but it would imply that she wished this in the past and presumably doesn’t care anymore now]
  • Kayleth: “Losing his counsciousness in the process” → “Losing his consciousness in the process” [typo, an extra U should be removed]
  • Kayleth (about Lillia): “allowing you do trump her” → “allowing you to trump her” [typo, “do” should be “to”]
  • Noir: “Before we continue just let me ask you something” → “Before we continue, just let me ask you something” [missing comma]

Ch27A

• Noir: “Check” what? [The Check is in quotes, but endquotes are used for both sides. While this likely depends on the text editing interface, you may have use two backquotes (``) for the opening quotes, which is usually near the top-left corner of the keyboard]
  • Adrian (end): “Not all dragons are inmortal.” → “Not all dragons are immortal.” [spelling, the N should be an M]
  • Zero (end): “You better don’t waste it” → “You better not waste it” [when someone tells another to perform or avoid an action, there should be no supporting “do”, unless the action itself is described with “do” as the main verb; here, the main verb is “waste”]

Ch29A

• “Al-Hadar has pledged their assistance in retribution for your deeds” →
    “Al-Hadar has pledged their assistance in gratitude for your deeds” [incorrect word choice; retribution is for punishment, not support. Other choices include “in repayment for your deeds” (simply not wanting to remain indebted to you) or “in honor of your deeds” (respect for your achievement), depending on the specific sentiment you want to convey]

Endgame-A

• Avalon: “By now, surely you realized realized realized there’s no turning back” → “By now, surely you realized there’s no turning back” [Avalon says “realized” three times, might be intentional since its speech has been getting disoriented]
  • Noir: “Victory here will require sucess on all fronts!” → “Victory here will require success on all fronts!” [spelling, success has two Cs]
  • Adrian: “They have brought joy as much as they have brought sadness” → “They have brought joy as much as they have brought sadness” [the phrase “brought X as much as they brought Y” is used when the Y is known and established while the speaker wants to now emphasize the X in comparison to Y]

End-A

• Noir: “Neither of them had any descendance” → “Neither of them had any descendants” [spelling]

LostChapter

• Kalm: “Well, I’d certainly like nothing like that ever happens” → “Well, I’d certainly like that nothing like that ever happens” [missing “that”, but I would also discourage using “like” twice in the sentence, so I’d recommend replacing the first “like” with “hope” or “wish”]

Ch26B

• Kayleth: “All that remains is see where it takes us” → “All that remains is to see where it takes us” [missing “to”]

Ch27B

• Schwarze: “What friend?Wait, you’re that girl.” → “What friend? Wait, you’re that girl.” [missing a space]

Ch27B-Interlude

• Liam: “We didn’t come here here to discuss the situation.” → “We didn’t come here to discuss the situation.” [double “here”]
  • Mithra (Talk): “Yes.Yes. I passed out for a moment, but I have recovered.” → “Yes. Yes. I passed out for a moment, but I have recovered.” [missing space after first “Yes.”]
  • (after Interlude): “we will be able to make an achievement, that has done never before in centuries of history” → “we will be able to make an achievement, that has never been done before in centuries of history” [“has done never before” doesn’t make sense; the negation should generally come before the actual verb]

Ch28B

• Zero: “The Fire Emblem, an united continent” → “The Fire Emblem, a united continent” [the use of a/an depends on whether the next word pronunciation begins with a vowel sound; here, although the first letter is U, it is pronounced with a Y sound at the start]

Ch29B

• Liam: “Glad they’re on our side, in retrospective.” → “Glad they’re on our side, in retrospect.” [the word “retrospect” fits this structure, whereas “retrospective” is used differently]

Endgame-B

• Layton: “Naga’s days are counted” → “Naga’s days are numbered” [proper idiom to refer to indicate that the end is near]
  • End: “and so did Al-hadar and Gabriel” → “and so did Al-Hadar and Gabriel” [The H is capitalized everywhere else in the game]

Last Stand

• Rose: “I put us in this situation and I will pay its consequence” → “I put us in this situation and I will pay its consequences” [While not incorrect, “consequence” is generally used in plural unless a single very specific outcome is described]

Ch26C

• Schwarze to Liam: “What an useful partner you turned out to be” → “What a useful partner you turned out to be” [again, the use of a/an is based on the opening sound for the next word when pronounced, which is a Y sound in this case again]

ChEX1 (D)

• Layton: “This is something than Naga will never allow” → “This is something that Naga will never allow” [typo, “than” should be “that”]
  • Mithra (about Noir’s condition): “Incontrollably” → “Uncontrollably” [spelling]

General Endings

• “They inconditionally surrendered” → “They unconditionally surrendered” [spelling]
  • Hazel-End: “otherwise residenced herself in Laurent” → “otherwise resided in Laurent” [the correct word is “resided” and does not need to refer to “herself”]

Elizabeth-Hazel A Support Conversation

• Elizabeth says the cat is a “she”, and then refers to the cat as “him” a few lines later.
5 Likes

tierlist

2 Likes

proto lol glad u enjoyed the rec

1 Like

I just realized that Schwarze and Noir’s names are literally just black in German and French.

Uh… I’m not sure if anyone’s still here, but if there is…

Does someone know how to make Weissholdt discover the truth?

Do I just have to kill Aliser, get into route B, then try to reassure Elias?

Nvm figured it out

Can someone tell me why, when I talk to Narida at the wedding, it just boots me back to the title after Anna and Mycahel show up and say the game’s over?

It is extremely likely you are playing on an outdated version.
Just out of curiosity, which version are you playing on? :sweat_smile:

Out of curiosity… Is there going to be future updates of this game ?

Like some more improvement or plot changes ?

The one at the the top of the page.
This one Fire Emblem - Code of the Black Knights Decisive Edition
I can’t even speak to Noir or Lauren