FIRE EMBLEM - Code of the Black Knights: Decisive Edition (30 chapters)

Maria got STR-screwed yet another run!?
ree-pepe

Anyway, thanks for your dedication, I really appreciate it :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Itā€™s my pleasure~ ! ā€¦ Like, literally. Playing through the game again with that objective is a blast. Thanks for working on it and good luck in all your future endeavors !

Did I told you that I love the characters ?! 'Cause I love the characters ! And the writing of the hack in general !

Summary

(But dang if the Holy Knight route isnā€™t infinitely more complex than the Black Knight one ! First I get that brain busting chapter instead of the childishly easy prison break map, and now I wonā€™t get the free level up and bottom map reinforcement either in chapter 8 ?! I picked the wrong route for that challenge ! :upside_down_face: )

Happened the first run, happening again now. Iā€™m never going to get to use herā€¦
By the way, apparently my seed for chapter 8 almost guarantees another strength level-up for Noir. I think the universe is sending me a message.

so i just got my hands on this game and its amazing! love games that can mix the gba style with a skills system. im writing here because i was confused on a few things and maybe i can get some answers about them? first off if we just kill the theif and take the weird 2 use weapon do we still need it later? im guessing to just leave it in my inventory since it seemed to match one of the prophecies but wasnt sure if i already missed something or not lol.(i guess i would be okay missing some stuff but trying to get as much of it done in this first playthrough. also ive noticed the deserter units blended in with normal enemies, seems like they have death quotes? i managed to keep the 2 i saw in chapter 4 alive but im not exactly sure what im supposed to do with them? just avoid them at all costs? or try to take out as few as i can? anyway the village said something like that but i couldnt figure it out. if anyone can give me some beginners advice for the game to help me understand the hidden objectives or recruits etc. for instance not sure how but a video i was watching on CH4 the guy had a monk and a bow cav but mine came with both and a third unit that was an archer. not even sure what i did to get them before thinking to check here fir the recruitment guide. anyway all help is always welcome! thanks!

where is the tree to find Sei?? third playthrough and no luck!

for instance not sure how but a video i was watching on CH4 the guy had a monk and a bow cav but mine came with both and a third unit that was an archer. not even sure what i did to get them before thinking to check here fir the recruitment guide.

Crescent was added in a later update, so itā€™s possible whoever you watched played before she was added.

Itā€™s this one here.
Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 7.24.03 PM

thanks, thats got to be it, didnt see the name in the recruitment list. is there anything i should watch out for early on? like i got the 2 use dagger but will the game actually tell me when it is supposed to be used? or are there any other hidden objectives/items/etc in the next couple chapters? im just getting ready to start 5

Iā€™d keep it if I were you. It does come up again at some point, forgot where.

Not too long after the chapter you got it in, youā€™ll have to make a big choice in a cutscene. Depending on what you chose, Agony will be used. No idea what happens if you donā€™t have it when you need it though. It never came up again in my playthrough.

As for things to look out for ? In general, Schwarze and Noir will tell you at the beginning of the map if there are any side objectives. You can also look up the S-rank guide for some general ideas, itā€™s relatively spoiler-free as long as you only look up the chapter youā€™re at.

Thereā€™s also a flowchart of all the routes at the very end of the original post but Iā€™d really recommend avoiding it until youā€™ve finished the game once.

Yeah I think I picked the choice to trigger the dagger but itā€™s still in my inventory so thatā€™s interesting. Also Iā€™m not playing hard mode will those chapter rank summaries still help? Also how do the skills work with level ups? Like does everyone get a skill at 5-15 then I can promote them? Or do they also pick up skills later? (I usually try to get my units to 20 but even on normal it would be nice to have 1 or 2 2nd tier units. Thanks again for the reply!

i dont suppose someone could tell me if the desert chapters have hidden items like in the vanilla games? i noticed the rocks(ch12) but some of the map looks super open over by the lightning rod unit. if there are maybe an idea on where at on the map? i was gonna check the houses near the start so maybe they explain it there? lastly is there a list of what promo items work on what units? like i found out a hero crest is what promoted the thief and that the pirates can use knights crests? anyways any help is always appreciated thanks!

After multiples hours of attempting chapter 8, I finally found a strategy that seems to work reliably.

Then Cecil decides to have a nearly perfect level up, uses that extra one speed point to double a unit he shouldnā€™t have, procs a 1% crit on the follow-up and kills his enemy (who would otherwise have survived wiht 2HP left), exposing himself to one extra attack thatā€™s just enough to kill him.

Iā€™m going to play another hack for a while and come back laterā€¦

3 Likes

Played through ch 18-3 awhile ago, is it a known bug that for some reason the bottom summoner will bug out at random after that Enemy Phase? Also is there something specific to do in the coming explore chapter with the lake that dries up? Like do I bring a specific unit there? Anyways hopefully itā€™s a bug that is already known. Thanks

By the wayā€¦ I completed the game and defeated the black weapon. (It was really cool how before the final chapter Layton and Kayleth fought each other. I was always curios how Kayleth was able to wield Valhalla. My question was answered when Layton revealed the truth.)

So, my question was how to recruit Jaeger ? In my playthrough i saw that he was a recruitable character and i hoped he would join the army at some point but he didnā€™t.

I checked the recruitment guide and itā€™s written that exact requirements vary according to the route you takeā€¦ So, can anyone provide those requirements ?

Will be really helpful.

Iā€™m playing through the game for the first time, and I gotta say itā€™s really great in my opinion, but 5 chapters after Cecil died against Mercer in chapter 8, he came back to life in the base in order to bond with his sister, which wasā€¦ unexepected to say the least
Aside from some minor bugs like this one though, itā€™s really great

1 Like

Ok just finished my first run, ending A, and after that I came here to see what everyone else thought about it, and I noticed people kept mentioning the fourth chapter as one of the hardest in the game, sometime even the hardest butā€¦ why is no one talking abot the last chapter insane difficulty ?? I mean, iā€™m not a really good player, so i expect to do a chapter at least 3 times before passing it, and iā€™m fine with it, but on this one, I actually did it dozens of times, tried different strategy and different character to do it, but I still lost everytime, because of the four 10 range insta-kill, I mean, isnā€™t that a bit much ? The chapter would already be hard even without these guys, but with them itā€™s just insane, in the end I had to sacrifice half of my team to even have a chance
Well sorry for my rant, and even if I complain, I greatly enjoyed the game, thank you Mycahel for this, the gameplay was great, although a bit frustrating for braindead person like me, and the story was really good too

I think i did the same thing. I mean sacrificing all those characters. Still i think thatā€™s how a final chapter should be. A matter of life and death. Well, we all want to see what ending all characters get. Still i think itā€™s epic. Without sacrifices war canā€™t be won. We all can preserve all units we want in Fire Emblem games. But a fight against Gods ā€¦?

That had to be something special. (Still the mid-game was hard. You shouldnā€™t have buffed those mages. Theyā€™re insane with those deadly tomes. Final chapter was alright according to plot.)

1 Like

Well itā€™s true it is a fight against a Godlike being, it would be strange if it was easyā€¦ Still think the four insta-kill mage were a little overkill
Well in the end itā€™s doable without loss by spamming caduceus and abusing RNG, but what bother me is that I donā€™t feel like I earned this victory by being better and smarter than my opponent, but by being lucky, which is slightly disappointing in a strategy game
But at least, the chapter was really great in term of storytelling, I mean fighting against a God, of course youā€™ll need an insane amount of luck to win, especially without sacrifices
So while the gameplay was frustrating, it was still a great chapter

Exactly how I feel when playing Fire Emblem!

In my run those four archsages never used their attack even when i was in range. Caduceus is ideal for this chapter. Staffs like these are meant for final chapter. I still remember there were some berserk, sleep staff wielders in there and they annoyed me a lot. White weapon himself is a joke. Weapons like Hades and Luxterra are super-effective against him. Once you reach him, you can easily take him out with many game-breaking units you got in the run (For example : Lowell).

This is not the case with Route B and Black Weapon though. There are no annoying mages weilding absurd staffs. But Black weapon himself is in a completely different league. Heā€™s what i would call a true god. No weapons were effective against himā€¦ And well, I have yet to defeat him. His stats, attack rate, and his skills especially are pretty absurd.

Well Iā€™m doing route B right now so I donā€™t know how hard it is in this route, but I saw Black weapon in the route C and I just gave up, I mean, the chapter isnā€™t unfair or anything, and on top of that itā€™s pretty good, but itā€™s just too hard for me, plus I didnā€™t really want to accept this treaty anyway, so I just went back x)