Fire Emblem Book of Eden v2.2.6 [Updated 01-10-22]

Try a different emulator, those bugs only manifest with vba or vba-m. Yes those are equipments, a new type of experimental items in the hack, icons are not in yet, as is the case with most missing graphic resources.

i am running vba 1.8.0 and didnt run into those problems.

I just try the vba 1.8.0 and still got that bug. I also try to check the unit placer and nothing seems wrong there. Iā€™m stuck at this chapter

I try to cheat things out to get out of that chapter but the next chapter was literally the same. I just download this ups last night.

try starting from the beginning in an emulator that works, i have a feeling that the emulators that does not work somehow messes something up from the beginning in the saves. i see in your screenshots you started with vba-m, that might have something to do with it

I ady tried doing a new run on a new savefile on nosGBA and 2 chapters after that are still bugged like that.

Any other details you can give me? I just downloaded and started a new playthrough, Iā€™m not getting any of the bugs you mentioned.

Not sure how to activate 8xx. chapter 8 and 8x worked fine for me and had very little problems dealing with what there. Chapter 9 also is decently easy outside saving the children there. good thing none of them give a game over.

Ch8xx is only unlocked if you beat ch8x under a certain turn count, 11 turns if I recall. Compared to the rest of the chapters, how easy was 9? Was the difficulty like day and night?

imo it felt pretty easy even with using a couple of the newest units that were low level.
also

his magic rank isnt high enough.
I am redoing it again and since I had an idea of what happening I was able to save all 5 NPCs was a little tricky but doable. escaping is pretty easy if you ditch them tho.

Overall enjoyable rework of the hack. Kinda of sad the old part of the story isnt played anymore but this is pretty well done.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! Iā€™ll get right to fixing that.

In regards to the story, did you play the older 1.0 build of Book of Eden? I am taking bits from that story and moving it over. In my head, the things that happened in that are canon, Iā€™m just setting the current story further along in the timeline of that story. Do you have anything else to say about the story as I am curious on whether or not the new story is too much or too little, does it make sense so far?

yes, I played the older 1.0 build. I really enjoyed it. as for the new story, It feels pretty balanced.

1 Like

This is really cool really enjoy playing

1 Like

hey gameā€™s awesome in my opinion needs more cavalry but thatā€™s just me.
Quick question, how do I unlock the Ex chapter after chapter 5 cuz im kind of a big dum dum and i canā€™t.

5x and the new content is not released yet. I had planned to release the next patch by FEE3 but Iā€™ve been busy. The new patch should be ready in the next couple weeks. Stay tune!

6 Likes

New update is out! v2.2.0!
Several new features and changes since the last major patch so please let me know if any bugs or errors are found! More information can be found in the patch notes.
Happy playing!

7 Likes

New bug fix patch, fixed the character creation in ch.5x
For those who downloaded, I highly recommend re-downloading to be able to properly create your own MU. Several other minor cosmetic changes were fixed also.

Also, I put the discord for Book of Eden in the first post as well for those who wishes to join.

7 Likes

It never stops, you fix one thing and something else breaks, another bug fix patch.
Fixed Thea not appearing properly in ch.6
Fixed a whole bunch of map animations that were not properly assigned after new class restructure.

Hello. I decided to give this one another go, iā€™m on chapter 4, but at the start the unit placement seem completely bugged, with enemy units underneath my own in such way that I canā€™t even move them in the first turn cause it read like Iā€™m selecting an enemy.

How are you playing and what are you using?
I have tried all the different emulators and I never encountered this bug, although others have told me they encountered it. Could you give me more info on how this happened?

I dont know exactly how to respond to ā€œhow are you playing?ā€, what do you mean? Iā€™m using vba, playing on hard mode if that makes any difference. I donā€™t know what triggers it, the game was working perfectly fine until de beginning of chapter 4, when all your characters start spread out throughout the map, apparently over enemy units positionsā€¦ I dont know if itā€™s the enemy unit placement that is overlapping the intended characters starting position, or if itā€™s the reverse.