I’ve been ROM hacking for a long time, constantly coming up with new ideas for stories and hacks, but now, for the very first time, I’m finally ready to release one of my hacks, and so, I present to you:
Fire Emblem: Blood of the Covenant!
So, just what is Fire Emblem: Blood of the Covenant? Well, it’s a ROM hack of FE8 (Just like basically every other hack nowadays) with a brand new story and characters (that may or may not have taken inspiration from JoJo Part 5) made by yours truly!
The story of BOTC follows Maya Chiromante, a village girl from the Sanctuis Republic with a strange ability to “sense” things, specifically danger. 5 years following the death of her mother at the hands of the Conquerors, a group of bandits which have a very tight grasp on Sanctuis, she sets out with her long-time friend and confidant Colton to get revenge. However, after her first run-in with the Conquerors ends with her getting captured, she gets an opportunity to join them, and uses it has a chance to destroy the Conquerors from within.
- 5 Playable chapters (out of 24)
- 11 Playable characters
- Tons of quality of life improvements, such as the removal of Staff animations, health bars, the ability to view growth rates, the ability to view enemy range, etc
- Tons of new animations and other graphics to make the game look fresh and unique
- New advanced classes, such as the Dark Knight and the Spartan, and a new Trainee class: the Villager.
Things you should know:
- This is my first hack that has ever gone anywhere and as such, it means a lot to me and I want it to be good, so please do not be afraid to tell me any and all criticisms you have for it (this includes little things, like grammatical errors)
- I know a lot of the portraits aren’t great, but they were the best I could do with the free to use portraits available, I do plan to have only unique portraits in the final release
- There are no support conversations yet, but there are talk conversations spread throughout
- There aren’t a whole lot of fancy doo-dads and stuff, like the Skill System, since I’m trying to go for a more simple ROM hack in terms of gameplay (I’m also not creative enough to make super cool and unique maps with a lot of experimental ideas like a lot of the other masterminds on this site)
screenshots because that’s what all the cool kids are supposed to have:
Link to download:
*if I missed anyone in the credits for the assets used please let me know