Fire Emblem 8: The Fallen Princess CH: 23+ Ending Complete+ DLC 14 Chapters

Gonna play this just because I tried (and failed) at completing your fe6 hack at hard mode.

1 Like

I think there is a reason why it’s called hard mode.
The purpose of the difficult modes for me in video games is to make the most of the balance and game system to allow the player to engage.
As with FE 6 the royal army, even in FE 8 the Fallen Princess, if you don’t study every turn carefully, death in hard mode awaits you.
that’s why I like to create two different types of difficulty:
Normal mode for those who want to engage and enjoy the story and hard mode for Fire Emblem veterans who like to exploit different strategies in battle and study each turn carefully.
I myself test the mods in the two difficulties without using the save states, and I myself, who created the difficulty, risk dying in hard mode.

Having said that I thank you for playing my mods and I hope that at least a minimum have managed to entertain you. :laughing:

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say that the project is going well and that I have just finished two chapters out of three, the new version of the DLC will be online soon, which currently will count 12 chapters.
In the meantime, here’s a little preview.

Due to the content of the story in the DLC I think I will raise the age rating from 13 and up to 15 and up.

See you at the next update.

3 Likes

Previous changes:
Increased the critical chance of Eliwood’s weapons by + 10%.
Fixed a dialogue in chapter 1.
Reduced enemy stats in Chapter 8 in Hard Mode by -5%.

Update:
Added Chapter 9: A Broken Promise
Added Chapter 10: A Familiar Voice
Added Chapter 11: The Wounds of Heart

Summary:
Ephraim manages to break the spell to which Lyndis was linked, defeating his friends Eliwood and Hector and making them come to their senses.
Martle however is not happy with this and decides to take revenge for what happened.
Meanwhile, Knoll learns from a misterious voice why he and the others are inside the Tower of Valni.

1 Like

Hello everybody.
I just wanted to say that at the moment I have decided to slow down the development of the DLC.
I need to take a little break and change the game world.
So I’m going back to work on my mod for FF XII called Winds of Change, further improving it and making some balance changes.
Having said that, however, I have absolutely no desire to abandon the project, the fact that it is a hobby allows me to create when I feel like it and at the moment I’m a little fed up with Fire Emblem.
So the next three chapters will come out very late, unless I have the urge to fully focus on this project.
See you at the next update. :laughing:

4 Likes

Hello everybody.
Here is a small update on how the project is progressing.
As I said before, at the moment this is not the main project that I am focusing on, but I am progressing it anyway albeit very slowly.
At the moment the first of the three chapters have been finished which are needed for the project to be updated.
At the next update will be put the new version which will now count 15 chapters.

For how the story is evolving I think the DLC could also have more than 23 chapters, so a lot more chapters than the first part which is currently complete.

Since I’m a guy who doesn’t like to plan anything but instead likes to relax and create, I don’t know how many chapters will be at the moment for the DLC.

Preview:

1 Like

Story Update:
Completed Chapter 11: The Wounds of Heart.
Added Chapter 12: To the Verge of Madness.
Added Chapter 13: Nightmares.

Balance and Bug Update
Increased Elfin Bow’s weight by 4 points.
Fixed a minor bug in chapter 9.
Changed the chest key item in shops, you will now be able to buy 3 chest keys for 450 coins instead of just one for 300 coins.
Reduced in-game experience gained by 15%.

Summary:
The group continues to advance on the intermediate floors of the tower.
Something strange seems to have happened to the prince which leads him to behave strangely.
A mysterious nightmare that appears to Myrrh in a dream inside the tower portends that something terrible is about to happen.

2 Likes

Hi, I made this account to so I could ask you about the “boss talk”. Is Lamorat also included by this feature or not? I kinda prefer him as a unit since Vanessa is being Vanessa as usual. And also I can’t find about the “boss talk” in the readme.

Hello Tag.
There are two boss talks for Lamorat.
The first is with Ephraim and the second is with Myrrh.
However if you are referring to the boss talk that would allow you to recruit Lamorat, unfortunately I must tell you that he is not a player recruitable character and his role is only as a guest and support character for only 2 chapters and then becomes an enemy in chapter 16 (if I remember correctly).

The two conversations you have with him are just battle conversations.

Vanessa is very useful on the battlefield, she has very high skill and speed parameters, she has an advantage against magical classes and can take advantage of the + 30% dodge bonus when she starts an attack that combined with the bonus that she has to stay close to Ephraim it can become even + 40%.
Also with her promotion, she can inflict even more damage based on her magical and physical defense with the activation of the Ignis ability or she can recover Hp if she remains alone on the battlefield away from allies, moreover every time she hits the enemy she can move back onto the battlefield allowing her to strike and then flee to a safe location.

At the moment there is no readme explaining talks, you just need to look at a character’s status to see who they should talk to.

Wow I’ve read now that it’s been two months since the last update.
Time flies away quickly.

For those interested.
The DLC is progressing well and its development is halfway through for the moment, so I think it will count 24 chapters as the main story.
At the moment, however, I do not really want to continue it and I have put the development of the DLC on pause.
I will definitely finish it, because I am the kind of person who always finishes something that starts, but being just a simple hobby I will come back to work on it when I feel like it, for the moment I am working on another project for another game.

For those who are curious this is the link:

The main story ending is closely related to the DLC which is set directly after the ending events.
So chapter 24 ‘‘This is not goodbye’’ will be changed based on the development of the DLC.
For the time being, that chapter will end with the characters greeting the player and with Ephraim and Eirika explaining that the story will undergo further updates.

As usual, for any problem with the game please notify me, see you at the next update.

1 Like

I see, thanks. Well that’s a shame, guess I’ll just continue onward. Just another thing are Reg sheilds stealable?

No.
These special types of equipment can only be used by Imperial soldiers and have been added to add a different kind of strategic approach.
Each type of Regal Shield (Reg is short for Regal) gives the opponent an increase of 25% dodge and accuracy against weapons he is weak to.
This makes enemies much more resistant to the weapon triangle, so to get the better of them, you will now need to take advantage of their physical or magical weaknesses and make the most of the terrain bonus and passive stats gained by being close to allies in battle for example: Knoll (Critical +10%), Ephraim (Accuracy\dodged +10%) and Duessel (Damage taken and dealt -2+2).

In Normal Mode this bonus shouldn’t make enemies too brutal, but in hard mode you will have to be very careful and carefully choose what type of units to send against enemies who have these types of equipment.

3 Likes

Hey, uuh I’m back with another question. Fae critted Vigarde, does manaketes suppose to be able to crit him?

Vigarde’s ‘‘Empire’s Blood’’ ability protects him from damage taken from activations of the abilities added in game and from critical attacks inflicted by your characters.
This combined with other abilities available to him makes him a very difficult enemy to defeat.

However don’t worry, this is not a game error and Fae criticized him because I activated a patch in game that triggers the critical hit on every final hit dealt to the story bosses regardless of the critical chance of the character attacking them.

I decided to activate this function because I like that the character finishes the boss with a coup de grace, it makes everything much more scenic.

Anyway thanks for playing and completing the main story.

If you want to continue playing there is the DLC set shortly after the group’s victory against Vigarde, but at the moment it is not complete and is in development.
The extra chapter of the main story (chapter 24) will also be changed in the future based on the development of the DLC as that chapter serves as a link for the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and thanks again for trying this little project. :laughing:

1 Like

Ah so that’s it, yeah I love the added critical animation when finishing the bosses. My favourite is Joshua Astra’ed that Druid boss followed by two criticals with two buff bots and Vanessa’s support. I’ll be looking forward for your next projects, I love how the map design seems like a puzzle those are very good map designs.

1 Like

I’m just asking because I’m playing this hack and I’m just confused why does Vanessa, Kyle and Forde talk the way they do? They just seem like they are there for shits and giggles, now mind you I have only reached like I think chpt 6 and they seem like all three of them are just there to mock Franz

The story was meant to be simple and I preferred to focus on the playability and strategic balance of maps, characters and enemies.
For Vanessa, Kyle and Forde, Franz is a little brother to tease but also to protect so that he grows up and becomes a real soldier.
Their teasing and jokes about him are not bad and both of them feel like Franz is part of their family.
In fact, Kyle and Forde are worried about Franz when he has to face the monsters of chapter 4 or Vanessa tries to console Franz in chapter 6 as she sees him thoughtful and distant from the group.
All the characters play a role in the story and their relationship develops as the story progresses.
this is one of the reasons why the death of a character involves a game over of the game.
Each character who joins your team will not be forgotten as it happens in the original Fire Emblems and instead they will speak and actively participate in each chapter, trying to make the story as light as possible through the support dialogues while Ephraim and Duessel will keep the main story serious looking for a way to reach the capital of Grado to save Eirika who is tenure captive and break the imperial rule over the continent.

The story will start to get really serious from chapter 16 onwards, but it will never reach a dark or overly serious tone.

Ohhh okay yeah, that makes a lot of sense, just took me by surprise that Vanessa always says Nice!

Ahahha.
Vanessa’s role in the story is that of a humorous and a bit funny and strange character.
She will often make fun of the characters, especially Ephraim, Franz and Joshua, and will behave in a cheerful and childish way even in the most difficult situations of the game, trying to take everything lightly and give comfort and joy to her allies.
Throughout the story she will develop a strong bond with Forde, Joshua and Franz.
She reaches the dragon’s peak to defeat the witch and get something from her.
But her meeting with Ephraim and the others will make her realize this is not the real reason she was traveling.

3 Likes

Love Vanessa in this and what she brings to this group. And her real motivation for joining touched my heart.

1 Like