Fire Emblem 8 Reskin

Please Read: As of 2/11/2022, please re-download this patch. I fixed some issues.
One in particular was the glitched conversation at the end of Chapter 8. I could not modify it so i simply stuck with the original one. Sorry but FE builder can not modify the conversation without glitches.
This is my reskin of Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones.

Credit goes to:

1. FE universe.
  2. Arch, Blazer and Blood for elements used in the game.
  3. FE mug blitz. The following people get credit for the faces used in this project:
    Zane,YangKai,Zorua,MrGreen3339,Zmr,SomeDenseGuy,SacredStones,RandomWizard,
    Smug_Mug,SadPoro
  4. The creator of FEbuilder.
  5. The FE universe community.
  6. Gabriel Knight and Kitty of Time for the new class.
  7. TactHAck for the portrait, and palette used for the Ciella character.
    The hack has added spells and some weapons.
    Added characters. No support for them.

If you downloaded this patch anytime in the past, you will have to re-download it. I had to reposition NPC and edit the ROM. This should be the final product. I found major errors while testing the early chapters of this ROM. I also had to fix the spell animations. They should work now. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Note: When promoting a unit, make sure they are equipped with one weapon that they are able to use. Do not promote a unit that has any weapon they can not use in their inventory. Doing so will cause the game to freeze. I found this by testing. Oh, and new promotion branches were added. The alternative choice will not have any animation. The promotion screen will flash in a ‘glitchy’ manner. The promotions still work. I can not fix this.
I added a new class. I also gave the class a new weapon type to use. This patch will have to be re-downloaded, if you downloaded it before the class addition.

7 Likes

This is not acceptable. It’s your responsibility to list the creators of individual assets, not the creators.

2 Likes

I fixed the issue.

1 Like

Thanks for your hack, it’s unexpectedly great to have access to a lot of weapons early, and I like the angel mages.
I found two small errors, the acolyte goes to lvl 20 instead of 10 and the General menu and map animation is deformed but the one the stat screen is alright.

The level cap for the acolyte class should have ben fixed. I had to use a level cap editor instead of simply checking the box that put the level cap to 10. If that does not work, let me know. The general map sprite, I had to make it fit. That is why it is so deformed. If you think it would be better, I could use the old one or a different one.

I literally call this ether edition

Lol thanks.

Those have different size requirements. I tried but the menu map sprites, have different size parameters. It is part of the game. Let me know if a different sprite should be used.

I see thanks for looking at it, I don’t know the first thing about hacking but there’s a free repository here that you could use and seems to be very big, I’d also recommend you cut down the number of tomes, maybe starting with the original ones and leave only the ones you created.

The map sprite originally came form the repository. I had to make it fit better. As for the tomes, I did this to make up for the original games not having enough magic.

The vanilla is truly lacking in tomes but the ones you made are too similar to some vanilla ones to justify their presence so I recommend you to delete the original ones, one tome per weapon rank is enough,given that anima has fire-thunder-wind and dark has the poison and nosferatu lookalikes that makes it a lot of tomes.

I will think about it.

1 Like