FFX Remake - Act 1 (Cancelled)

I’m curious what ‘world map skip patch’ you have installed. The .ups in the OP does not have the MNC2 fix applied. Take a look at your ROM in a hex editor, offset BD070. Is it 47 2D there? Or B8 E0?

If it’s 47 2D, change it to B8 E0. That’s the proper MNC2 fix.

You’re a lifesaver. Indeed, despite having a patch installed, it was 47 2D. Changing it to your values seems to fix it from the single test I did.

Screenshot

Current ups I am working with.

(Yes I still need to fix all of your suggestions! I just wanted to try and get random battles working first.)

I’ve implemented it for ‘New Shores’ map and a couple event tiles. The code actually references memory slots, so I can call the same event for every battle in whichever chapter. I was in the middle of implementing checks for if you were in the middle of a chapter already, to move you back to that coordinate, etc…

Then I was just starting to randomize aspects of it. Was trying to get a tile change to happen from a memory slot. That way I could just get a random number from 0-20 and have 21 versions of the battle map, rather than 21 ugly if statements. Gotta do something similar with coordinates as well - I want the player units and enemy units to start in one of the four random corners.

Thank you so much for solving that for me. It was probably my own fault in some way that it was the wrong digits there. Dunno how.

Version Apr 21, 2020

I’ve gotten random battles to a presentable stage now and done a bunch of little fixes. Next on the agenda is to plan out the difficulty of battles. (Eg. figure out approximately what base stats and growths to give enemies and character units such that these battles are fun. These sort of battles will be the bulk of the combat gameplay, while bosses will appear on the regular world via events, I think.)

I was wondering if you’d like to take a look at this version and tell me your thoughts on my implementation of random battles. I’ve set encounters to 99%, please turn on flag 67 if you want encounters off. Idk if you’ve used febuilder at all, but there’s a great debug menu for things like ‘warp to x chapter’ and similar if you need that.

Notes
  • Units can spawn in non-traversable tiles on occasion during the random battles.
    • But the enemies have been set to be able to traverse these tiles for now.
  • Enemies are spawned dependent on the flags that you have set. I think I should rework this logic so that the enemies are loaded in a separate event first, and then they’re given items and moved as part of the huge event. Then the small event that loads the enemies could be specific to that chapter. I used flags with Besaid Island in mind, but I can just use those if statements for that chapter…
  • Movement at start of chapter to your previous coordinates is done in a roundabout way. So I just fade the screen to black and wait for the temporary units to be done :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Random tile changes is done with about 20 if statements. Looks horrible, but couldn’t figure out a simpler way.
  • Random unit placement in battle could be improved upon. Currently it is “if statements” and 4 possible load outs for both player units and enemies.

Other:

• Other events should take precedence over random battles, and generally disable random battles until the event is through. I fixed anything odd I found, but if you see anything strange, let me know.
  • Can’t use BGM during chapter load. I didn’t use LOMA for returning to the map as you cannot read a chapter id from a memory slot with LOMA. But I could set a flag for each chapter and return to chapter based on that flag.
  • Most of your suggestions have been implemented, though graphical glitches caused by halfbody remain.
  • Wakka has a chunk of flesh trailing after him after Besaid Temple.
  • Still can’t get Rikku’s AI to change after first talk event. I got it to change at one point by loading her as an enemy, but I believe that’s problematic… Idk.
  • Most things are using global flags now instead of temporary ones, as I restart the chapters so often. I want players to be able to return to places they’ve been, but I worry I will run out of global flags incredibly fast at this rate.

Edit:

• Fire Flan (Class 32) is no longer a promoted unit (and far too strong when autoleveled) on my own copy.
  • Somehow got teleported to Tower of Valni 5 one time after completing a battle. Um… what? I reloaded with different results :confused:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12fsQlIgK9MibYsE8HGsE9NKhnsO9aV9j/view?usp=sharing

Took a quick look. I’m honestly impressed that you managed to implement this without any custom asm.

That said, you can abuse EVBIT 0x2 (scene skipping) to make your ‘return from random battle’ event completely unnoticeable (it’s rather obtrusive currently). Proof of concept: Dropbox - better return from random battle.ups - Simplify your life (check the start event for New Shores)

Had a quick look at the code for LOMA and this seems trivial to fix. I’ll do the asm for that tomorrow (I’d do it right now but I’m going to sleep shortly).

LOMA fixed would be amazing. Thank you so much.

Also thanks for the tip about EVBIT 0x2 - never knew I could scene skip like that, I thought it was all markers to prevent players from skipping over certain events (like I’ve done to ensure you make a choice during the debug on/off). I’m definitely going to make use of that evbit sometimes <3.

I’ll experiment with making the victory fanfare only a couple seconds to be used as a “sound effect” with bgm turned down or off temporarily, or maybe I’ll try using flag 4 with all maps having the victory fanfare as their alternative bgm. Then I’ll be able to LOMA back to the previous map while playing the fanfare, I think. Many people might not play with the music on, so I’ll try to make sure the fanfare doesn’t delay the loading screen. I’ll mess around with some effects for returning like I have for the battle start transition.

Wall of text

My routine for character placement in battles is poor right now and I’m going to improve it.
If I want to use the four quadrants, I think that would be 12 possible configurations of units:

A B       B A        A =       B =     etc.
= =       = =        B =       A =

A is player, B is enemy, equal is no units.

In four of twelve configurations, part of the enemy forces would be able to immediately attack a couple of your front line characters. (Because the map is wider, horizontal and diagonal won’t be in reach, but vertical will.) I know immediate ambushes are typically poor battle design, but if I keep it to ~5 hit KOs or worse against your front line, it should be okay I think. In that case, I just need to figure out exactly how load3 works. Someone in chat was telling me about it so I’ll go look up what they said.

Smethlyn said:

LOAD3 loads units in the order of in memory and alive
Its unit groups only need coordinates, the rest gets ignored
This also assumes you use a load condition that does not load units indiscriminately
Its useful for loading a lord unit when that unit may have a variable character ID but are always the first unit in memory, which is the use case I assume that description is based on
But if you have more than one unit in the group you load it just goes in order
An example of this kind of usage is ephraim ch10 opening

As Tidus is already in the party, he momentarily loads over another character before vanishing to his set coordinate with the “move instantly” patch/command I’m using. I just need to figure out exactly where each character will end up loading and see if I can keep it consistent with Tidus loading in one of the slots for a second. Then I can make your front line be party members like Kimhari with high defense so the 1/3 chance of being struck first doesn’t feel so bad. (I’m not too fussed if Tidus shows up in the wrong coordinate for a second, but maybe I should experiment with preventing that first.)

Another consideration with these configurations is the maps I want to use. I generated ~20 maps with FEMapBuilder, touched them up slightly, packed them together as 1 map with tile changes, and set it as my ‘random battle’ map. What would be cooler, though, is to have the character configurations match the map. I think I’ll be able to do that with your asm for LOMA using a memory slot. What I can do is say, have the map chosen first out of 6 configurations. Eg.

A B       B A        
= =       = =        

This time, the equal signs are non-traversable tiles. The unit configurations above could both be the same map.

Some maps will be totally open, some blocked off in one quadrant, and some would only have space for units. Each of these 6 configurations can set a flag or a value to a memory slot. Then the matching unit placement event can choose either A B or B A and warp units correspondingly. I think each battle configuration should be made as its own chapter. I’ve broken things (and reloaded the rom back before the change) a couple times trying to import a map with many large tile changes, and it’ll be easier to code this way. I suppose I could have done this already having certain tile changes correspond to specific configurations, but I just wanted to have something working a bit sooner and the code for that would be horrendous with about 80 if statements, haha.

It’ll be more work to do this, but I think it could turn out really nicely. I could even have an alternative palette set for these battle maps using the following patch:

Patch name:Add Event: Switch Map Palette (Byte 0x92/146) @FE8U
Author / Source:7743

Then, if my guess is right, I could switch to ‘Fields 2’ when you’re in a different area of the world, or perhaps import and use that snow one I’ve heard exists when at Mt Gagazet. That might only allow for one palette swap, though.

Anyway, I have a lot of ideas for things I want to try and do. For now, I’m off to make a spreadsheet to help me calculate / simulate battles and the stats I need to set for units.

After looking at the function for LOMA again, it can load from a memory slot perfectly fine if you give it a negative number as a param. It just expects a short (2 byte value) instead of a single byte, but both Event Assembler and FEBuilder assume that the parameter for LOMA is a single byte. So if you put 0xFF the game sees it as 255 instead of -1, and tries to load chapter 255 and you get a black screen.

Technobabble aside, do this and it works:
loma s2
(just type 2025FFFF in the ‘binary code’ section of the febuilder event editing thing)

@7743 might want to fix this too.

As for the victory fanfare, I’d probably have it happen at the end of the random battle, then award the player with gold and (if applicable) items. That’s closer to how it works in Final Fantasy than enemies dropping gold when you kill them.

By the way, this happened while testing

It ran away to somewhere Tidus couldn’t reach and made the battle unwinnable.

1 Like

Oh nice. Thank you very much. Whenever a command would appear as “word 29035asdfj0” I would have a small freak out and make sure it isn’t breaking anything. Hadn’t yet made the connection that every command is just that sort of binary code, and it’s just FEBuilder that is carrying me along… haha.

Also turns out I can totally execute tile changes using FFFF. When I was first trying it, I wasn’t sure which memory slot it would load from and despite setting every memory slot to 1, the tile change 1 didn’t happen… though I have noticed that the UNCM command from a patch that I’m using overwrites memory slot 1 (if I remember right) upon usage… okay no idea what I was doing wrong, but glad it is also that simple and works.

Also that’s a good idea for enemy drops. For simplicity, I’d made unit 94 in ‘New Shores’ have a 1/4 chance of spawning as an Ahriman that drops 10 gold just to test possibilities for item drops. Rewards after the battle makes it trickier to code, unless I can randomly choose and set the item drops in the pre-battle event that is per chapter, along with the specific encounters to that region. I guess I could just set the item id to a memory slot and give the item of that memory slot at the end of the battle. Hoping give item accepts 255/FFFF.

Thanks for pointing out the bug. Maybe it’s the recovery AI I have set? I’ll experiment with that. I’d like to redo my battle maps & unit placement to prevent units from spawning on non-traversable tiles. I’m also thinking about escape tiles from these maps that you use to flee. Might have to be range events, though, as regular event tiles didn’t seem to work. (7743 said I could make them work if both maps had the same pointers of some sort, but that doesn’t help in this case.) With escape tiles players could just leave the battle even if a bug like this occurred. I’d like the tiles to be on the other end of the enemies, though.

Give item always reads the item to give from s3. FEBuilder probably shows it as one command, but if you put ‘give iron sword to tidus’, what’s happening is:

SMOV 0x3 IronSword
GIVE_ITEM Tidus

You can use a negative characterID as usual too (ex: -3 to give it to the character in s2)

iirc that’s part of AI3, I think 0x4 is ‘don’t retreat’.

Edit: This link might be useful to you, it’s what I use for documentation on event codes: DOC/EventDoc/EventCodes.md at master · StanHash/DOC · GitHub

Very long progress update post

Okay, cool. I think I just figured out what you’re talking about.

All events are really the code I just exported. I can create events that don’t follow the usual FEBuilder protocol by editing the code in this format. I can probably figure out how to set SVAL 0x3 to what’s in memory slot 2 by looking at what other code that references FFFF does.
Edit: Actually, I could just:

• Delete SVAL 0x3 0x15
  • Change SVAL 0x2 0x1 to SVAL 0x3 0xITEMID
    I think so, anyway. That’s… really simple! Yaaay hope it works. As long as I’m not overwriting memory slot 3 in my battle event. (Or just rewriting it with SADD at the end.)

As part of the code, it calls routine ASMs like these that happen when giving items. But I don’t need to worry about this for now, as I’m not trying to change the way items are given, I’m simply editing event code to reference a memory slot.

Gibberish

As always, my sincere thanks for the explanations and everything. Also I appreciate the link - I’ve read over pieces of it and it will be quite useful to me.

Edit:
Success!
FEBuilderGBA_hM12Jo7ffH
FEBuilder interprets the code as fade screen from black but it runs as expected.

Slight troubles documentation:

• Tidus’ coordinate is saved by loading unit 20 to the map in that coordinate.
    • Move characters is currently done via coordinate. Must change this to by unit #, as to not move unit 20 around inadvertently.
  • To move Tidus back at the end of the battle, char 20 is loaded and I use “move Tidus onto char 20”.
    • This can only be done if the unit is not active. Thus, if Tidus deals the finishing blow to the enemies, he would stay in that coordinate.
    • Therefore, I set unit 0x0 as the currently active unit. Tidus becomes grayed out but the turn does not end with “autoend turns” on.
    • Setting UNCM condition 43 (hide, moved already, cantoed) does not end the turn either.
    • Unsettting UNCM condition 43 allows Tidus to immediately act again once loaded back onto the map, but the victory fanfare persists until you end your turn. This isn’t perfect, but ah well. Setting the fanfare to end in the event ends it too early - it’s just about perfect if it immediately ends your turn upon returning (and thus reverts to the usual map music).

This bug only occurs when Tidus is the one to finish the battle. Can’t seem to fix it beyond this, so ah well.

Changes:

• LOMA back to referring chapter now after a random battle. Haven’t implemented it for Besaid Island at all - it will need the same event that ‘New Shores’ has, except with different encounters/item rewards.
  • 1/5 chance of Vulnerary and 1/5 chance of Antitoxin after a battle in ‘New Shores’. 100% chance of around 25-100 gold.
  • AI for enemies in random battles have been set to not retreat
  • The “no encounters” flag 67 no longer turns off repeatedly when flag 6e “turn on encounters on player’s turn” is on.

Edit 4:

• Besaid encounters enabled
  • Units randomly placed in one of 12 configurations
    • Configurations correspond to map layouts now. Eg. enemies won’t appear in giant mountains.
    • The 6x10 maps used for random battles are named their config for now as I play test, the bulk of which I’ll do once battles are better planned. (Eg. 1200 config map would be units in the top left / right. Enemy and player teams are swapped at random.)
  • Speaking of which, that’s 60 maps I generated, tweaked, and imported. Took a while. I would like to get this to 120 maps total, but for now 60 is fine.
  • Battle planning is underway.

Bugs:

• Graphics / halfbody - eg. trading, equipment, on-map conversation events
  • Rikku’s AI won’t change after talk event
  • Enemies spawned on the coordinate you were on might not get their item given to them. Unsure.
  • Still don’t know how to make reduced images look good and consistently stay 16 colours. Haha
  • The occasional note in the imported MIDIs is missing. I was working on one of the tracks yesterday and got it sounding decent enough.

Officially 1 month of development on this rom :smile:
U4Uhg3bVA3

1 Like

Congrats! This is something that came up unexpectedly. I love it! Thank you very much for this and keep up the good work!

Routines routines. That’s what I’ve been working on. I feel random battles are mostly finalized. Next I need to edit, import, and balance more enemies to use for the next chapters. I don’t think I’ll bother with much event scripting for them for now; just going to plan their battles and approximate maps.

Current UPS Apr 24, 2020
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yebpk9C-iip5XizBc1KdN1UB317Cq4ZA/view?usp=sharing

Bug fixes Apr 24, 2020
  • Tidus will be automatically refreshed after moving if there are no enemies or NPCs.
    • Travelling back to Cid needs to be improved with this QoL update somehow.
  • Units placed in 1/12 configurations for random battles
  • Random of 60 possible maps is loaded for the battle.
  • Rikku’s AI now correctly changes after her first talk event.
  • ‘New Shores’ has 33% encounter chance. ‘Besaid Island’ has 20%, except for one patch of ~36%.
  • Besaid Island now correctly warps back after a battle. Was occasionally warping to New Shores (probably when giving you Vulneraries as the battle reward).
  • Many events have been edited to accommodate new always flags and range events: so many things can interact in unexpected ways, as a bunch of events are dependent on each other. For example, snags appearing early, or Cid disappearing, or characters lingering after a battle in your party, etc.
  • Bottom right of Besaid Island is now traversable. Treasure is now off-limits til planned optional return to Besaid, later in the game.
  • Ahriman now have a greater encounter rate
  • Stats of Wakka, Tidus, Coeurl, and Ahriman have been adjusted to be better balanced.
Known bugs
  • Random ballista just barely off-screen in 0012 config
    • No idea why.
  • ‘Enter’ starting tile in Besaid Village needs a message displayed like “I shouldn’t leave the village just yet…”
  • Graphical glitches whenever a small portrait is used (eg. inside shops)
  • Temple end events / random fade to black, etc. just some graphical glitches

x

• Accepting small map submissions.

Details:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TDP_jPv3vZ_Zb565vALB655FocVMYTXk?usp=sharing
Please submit as the combined TMX file if possible.

Progress:
63 / 120 maps

3 by RandomWizard

1020_RandomWizard

1200_RandomWizard

2001_RandomWizard

60 made by FeMapBuilder and touched up by me. Feel free to improve these.

I’m not going for perfection here. Maybe nobody cares, but if anyone happens to feel like sending in maps, that’d be fun.

Disclaimer: In each battle, a player will have a 1/120 chance of encountering your map. Don’t spend too long making one. :wink:

Stuff I'm working on

enemies gif

VisualBoyAdvance-M_CXB8p3p29A

Area battle rewards, encounters, etc.

Kilika

Temple ruins puzzle

Mi’ihen road

Operation Mi’ihen

Luca looks like crap currently so haven’t included haha.

2 Likes

i have no idea about FFX but those look terrifying lol i love it

Been working hard on this hack. I’m going to hold off sharing an updated UPS until I’ve finished polishing a bunch of things.

Progress

VisualBoyAdvance-M_GnLGgXUNZE

• Dead units (except Tidus) respawn after each battle with 1 hp, using casual mode patch + uncr

• Random battles are now with 3 units that you’ve chosen using the preparations menu at the start of the chapter/area. Currently Tidus is forced to be deployed; it would take some time to change all my events to allow for you to play as whichever character as your main one, so that’s a feature I will be considering in the next few days. I might make Tidus the only character you can explore the world with, but have the random battles occur with the party of 3 you’ve chosen.

Menu command “Focus” uses up the item and teaches the unit the skill.

Passive bonuses above. I have to be very careful with these, as they are currently stackable, and that could get out of hand very quickly.

Some weapons.

I’ve planned a number of items and their effectiveness and/or SkillSystem skill. This is taking a very long time to create - I would like to showcase the combat of my random battles once I get it to a polished stage, so I’ll probably show something off before I finish all the items I have planned for the hack.

I have also been improving my existing content and routine events I use. For example, random battles shouldn’t glitch at the end anymore when used with events / skillsystem skills that write to a memory slot. I’ve also been adding some talk events, etc.

Combat has been the biggest focus of mine recently, and it is taking a long time to create something that is fun. It is tricky to find the right difficulty balance for random battles, especially with the amount of variance that can occur, so I am trying to improve them to be less variable in certain aspects (eg. they should be fairly consistent in their difficulty). I would like to ideally have it so that the average player will have a unit die on occasion. This doesn’t especially matter as they are brought back at 1 hp for the next battle, but I might make that eat up a bit of your gold.

If anybody is interested in joining this project or regularly play testing my progress, I would love to collaborate. It might be more fun that way. I am planning to have some fairly regular fire emblem chapters as well, with most aspects not randomized. I think this makes sense for boss battles / stages, and they could be with 1-7 of the main characters you control in FFX. I could even kill off the Besaid Aurochs (a bunch of NPCs) as temporary playable characters, potentially.

“You’ll do.”

I’ll have more for you guys hopefully pretty soon! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Sounds like a good idea. Boss battles in Fire Emblem require more design than ‘blob of stats on a throne’ to be interesting, and having a full map for each them would definitely be the way to go.

One question I’d ask though, what happens if I only bring the same 3 characters to random battles all game? Say I just stick with Tidus, Yuna and Wakka whenever possible. Is this going to result in:

• Tidus, Yuna and Wakka tear through the boss maps because they’re overleveled and more powerful than they should be
  • (less likely) The maps are difficult enough that you need everyone leveled to deal with them, and I end up getting stuck somewhere

Something to think about, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone played that way.

You could try making a discord for the project. I’d drop by once in a while to test stuff or offer advice.

I have to make sure players don’t do that.

I would like to design area encounters such that certain characters have an advantage there. Say an area with many Ahriman that Wakka can easily kill and Lulu can fairly consistently with Thunder spells.

I was wondering about showing the encounters of an area in some way. I could have an image of encounters, or I could show a few enemies on the map during the prep screen as a preview of average battles… maybe I could have the prep menu loma to a battle map for this. Just brainstorming at this point. The player knowing the encounters and strategizing which characters to pick would be good I feel.

I feel that the best way to encourage using a variety of characters is by much stricter xp regulations than regular fire emblem. I don’t want it to be completely impossible to basically bench a character, but overleveled characters need to get so little xp that grinding for hours to win the game with just those 3 characters would take longer and be less fun than leveling up all of your characters. This might be tricky to figure out how I need to adjust xp awarded. There are a few patches related to xp, and I’ve been experimenting a little with changing the class relative power of the player classes. This would however prevent me from using those classes later as enemies that award little xp, probably. I’m not sure of the details, but I have a vague idea of how I’d like to reward xp.

Yuna is going to be problematic, though. She is likely to be the most useful unit overall with access to dance, staves, summon, and weak light magic. She’ll continue to get a lot of xp from providing support, so she could easily become overleveled I believe. But as she provides a supporting role with generally low defense, I am hoping that her being overleveled wouldn’t make the game much easier. Additionally, her summons will be based on the temples you’ve visited (so Yuna will invisibly change class or unit # several times I believe), so I can balance her summons that way. Her summons will just be the same classes as enemies I’ve made. (Eg. Frog, Coeurl, etc.)

Players who haven’t leveled all units could potentially get stuck on a boss stage, but I’d like to make it so you can just go back and grind some battles for your weaker units until they are up to par.

Lastly, I would also like to not give a huge window of time of when you can promote a unit. It’s hard to design challenging battles when the player may or may not have changed classes yet. Overleveled units would hit a level cap twice in the game and be unable to promote until the areas are challenging enough / I give out the promotion item. Underleveled units can promote straight to the weaker tier 3 class choice from tier 1 and have greater promotion bonuses but ~10 fewer levels.

Every fire emblem game I’ve played I feel like beyond chapter 2 you’re encouraged to level up all of ~3 units and bench everybody else. So I really want to avoid that sort of design, especially with such a small cast. I feel like it’s often more fun to just be using around 3 units at a time (or in a section of a map, say your chars are split up), but to have more units than that for strategizing who you’ll bring with you.

It will be tough to avoid encouraging that playstyle. If you have further ideas I’d love to hear them.

I think the best way to do that would be to allow the player to change units mid area in some manner. If you have to pick ahead of time, it’ll get annoying when you pick wrong and realize a few battles in ‘I should have taken Wakka, I guess I’ll restart…’, or you just slug through with your current team. Or you level up a couple times and want to distribute exp to other units.

You’ll be able to change party members in every chapter with enemies, as well as at mid chapter save houses. I actually expect players to be more likely to backtrack to the last area to rearrange their party than to simply restart, as people love to collect gold/exp.

I would prefer a menu option available outside of battles to rearrange party members if it were easier for me to make. There are numerous ways to make this, but the easy ways probably wouldn’t look to good. Ultimately, if flags A0 - A6 are on, your party members are brought to the battles, so I can figure out other ways to rearrange party members later if I want to. (Though the coding for that needs to be improved a little as currently Tidus is forced to come and if you somehow had more than 3 party members, they are just put in the top left no matter the configuration.)

Using the special command patch, I could have Tidus bring up a menu of dialogues. “Bring Tidus?” “Yes/no”. And have it end when there are 3 party members chosen.

I could potentially do something more advanced using that patch, such as loma’ing to a preparations map, letting the player choose units, and warping back. I believe I’d have to add a hidden unit to your party to store where you were before calling this event. This sounds like a big pain to try and make. I would first have to figure out if I can prevent the player from saving during the preparations menu map without causing issue (I think Valni does this). Then I’d have to create code that takes your coordinates, breaks it into the individual bytes, save the bytes as hidden unit’s lance / sword / etc. wexp, then rebuild it at the end to warp back. I’ve done similar with the random battles code recently and it was a pain to figure out and execute.

The problem with using that patch at all, though, is that it only provides me with 1 unit menu option at a time. If you had a tm to learn Focus in your inventory, then suddenly you wouldn’t be able to swap out party members. And if I want to add battle commands with it, now I have 3 things competing for the 1 slot. It’d be a bad idea to put the effects of all these commands into the same event with flags / choices determining what happens. (And last I checked, special commands don’t enable/disable with flags as intended - I submitted a bug report for this already.)

But I hear that the Special patch might be being improved sometime. Bless that man, 7743. If it allows for submenus, that would be amazing and I might give mid chapter party swapping a go. I could definitely make good use out of submenus in some way, I think.

For now, though, mid chapter party swapping sounds difficult to execute nicely with my skillset, so I’m going to leave the idea.

I’ve made a discord server for my project.
(The server will only notify you if you get a @mention.)

You can test new content to provide early feedback.

#updates

I can save valuable discussions (eg. game design) for later reference here:

#saved-discussions

You could also offer to help design a battle or similar.

general

What should happen here? I have ideas, but I haven’t made anything yet.

I will continue to post here, ask for ideas in #fe_design_meta, complain about my struggles in #febuilder, and share polished UPS releases here. This discord is mostly for me to organize my project without spamming on this thread so much.

Thanks for the support, everybody. I appreciate the comments, likes, and feedback I receive. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hyped up. Sharing gifs.

Repels

AK5WRey1yQ-min

Reclass while maintaining level

Fbp1EAoo5u-min

Manage Party

JudE6rVjpy-min

Warp Chapter

hLTCt6eIbO-min

Refreshed Automatically

aLJoJ64Jae-min

Buy Skills

y2d81t5ecR-min

Ledges

uYrL7TYG8j

Holding out on another public release, but will be looking for playtesters soon.

10 Likes

Revamped the first post. 8 chapters exist now. Lookin’ for some feedback.

1 Like