Fenriel's Works

[ update ]

» reorganized the main topic yet again for overall better view of the sub-categories.
now there’s even more dedicated sections for each type of asset.

» reworked the Metroid battle frame prototype once more.
in order to make the UI a bit more dynamic and the background more visible, some details have been changed and merged with other elements:

» currently working on another mecha sprite inspired by Armored Core 2. it will be available in the next update.

» regarding new material: due to previous complaints, from now on the new assets that i’ll eventually provide will no longer be featured in the repository topic until further notice.
certainly not until i’ve gathered enough material, and by “enough” i mean at least ten or so sprites.

you can still get access to all my old and new stuff just by checking the main gallery in this topic, so that should do for the time being.

2 Likes

Huh, neat!

2 Likes

just finished playing with Armored Core 2: Another Age, and it’s really been a blast from the past.

also, inspired by this franchise, i made Leos Klein’s mech from the original AC2.
it took me a couple of days to polish and complete, but the ending result isn’t too bad.
i think i’m starting to get the hang of shading little by little. anyway, here’s the big boi:

[default]

[visor variant]

and here’s the source material:

Summary

…and that’s all for this year, folks.
i’ll make some stuff again whenever i’ll be inspired enough~

1 Like

" E̶X̶C̶A̶L̶I̶B̶U̶R̶ MERRY…CHRISTMAAAAAS!!"

apparently i couldn’t hold back too long from spriting, so i tried something different yet again for a change.
made a couple of things while trying to stay as close as possible to the original drawing style of Takashi Takeuchi, the character designer of Fate/stay night and many other Type-Moon franchises.
anyway, here’s Arturia in her classic dress version:

» half body version (could eventually use some more work/polish, but whatever, i’m too lazy)

» portrait version

you might notice that there’s mouth and eyes frames missing.
those will eventually come in the future when i’ll be…well, less lazy :smirk:

5 Likes

i’m having a blast with Photoshop, so here’s some more Saber.
this time it’s her armored version:

» half body

» portrait

i also added mouth frames to both Classic/Armor versions, so now she can finally scream her noble phantasm battle quote.
don’t ask for eye frames though, those are a nightmare. ahah ok byeee~

[edit] i guess there’s never enough Saber around here, so i made even more:

» Royal Saber half body

» Portrait version

on a sidenote: the Royal version is probably beyond 16 colors, so it might not be fully insertable except for the Lex Talionis engine users.

5 Likes

…might as well do all different timelines versions of Saber, i guess. here comes Lily:

» half body

» portrait

more to come, stay tuned~

[edit] armored version:

» half body

» portrait

[edit 2] and here’s Alter, dress version:

» half body

» portrait

[edit 3] last run for Alter, armor and visor versions:

» half body

» portrait

» half body

» portrait

also, since there’s a good chance that these are beyond 16 colors, they might eventually need to be reworked in order to make them fully insertable, except for Lex Talionis engine users, i guess.

3 Likes

Those sprites are so damn good.

2 Likes

- cough - woah, so dusty in here…
anyway, here’s b̶o̶o̶b̶a̶ ̶l̶a̶d̶y̶ Baiken from Guilty Gear Strive:

kind of a work in progress.
i wanted to turn her into a proper mug, but since her hairstyle is crazy and the available space is very limited, i’ll probably have to make some cuts here and there.
i left shading out of this one for the time being, since working on proportions has already been quite hard.
maybe a battle sprite will follow up sometime later on~

[edit] and here’s the lady reworked to fit them hackboxes:

» lipstick version

guess that’s all for now.
see you around~

8 Likes

damn, I didnt even know it was pixel art before clicking. excellent shading, man

1 Like

and here’s my battle stance attemp for Baiken:

» detailed

» source material

Summary

base sprite would be Lyn, i just modified colors and added some details here and there.
that’s all for now, until next time~

9 Likes

Looking good as always Fenrier

1 Like

stumbled upon some stuff while checking old KoF sprites out of nostalgia and curiosity.
there’s some nice backgrounds from the GBA titles, wich i reworked in order to fit conversation scenes:

KOF GBA bg 00 KOF GBA bg 01
KOF GBA bg 02 KOF GBA bg 03
KOF GBA bg 04 KOF GBA bg 05
KOF GBA bg 06 KOF GBA bg 07
KOF GBA bg 08 KOF GBA bg 09

now you too can visit a dinosaurs museum, take an airplane to Elibe, or just hang out with the homies~

6 Likes

“Off my chair, jester. The king sits there.”
…a wild Noctis from Final Fantasy Versus XIII appears:

» half body
FF Versus XIII - Noctis half body Fenreir

» mug
FF Versus XIII - Noctis Fenreir

polishing his hair was a nightmare, like really.
can’t do more than what i already tried to do with this boi, all i see right now are blue pixels.

hopefully, one day we’ll get Nomura’s original version of his own story, once he’s done with KH for good.

2 Likes

reworked an old sprite of mine about Gundam Barbatus, should be insertable now:

Gundam - Barbatos Fenreir

i could eventually try to improve the shading a little more, but…i’m just too lazy for that~

3 Likes

yet another reworked mech for fun, this time it’s Jehuty from Zone of the Enders.
wanted to play around with it a little more, so now it glows almost in the same manner of the original.
like, literally:

ZOE2 - Jehuty active Fenreir

4 Likes

technically, i could turn these into spell animations by zipping every single animation frame, since the colors should have already been reduced to 16.
however, as i don’t know if there’s anyone around here that would eventually be interested in using them, i’ll just leave these concepts here on display for the time being( it’s all stuff found randomly on the internet, by the way ):

» Red climax
Red-climax-Fenreir

» Laser worm
Laser-worm-Fenreir

» Hexagon tunnel
Hexagon-tunnel-Fenreir

» Blue tunnel
Blue-tunnel-Fenreir

» Blue aura
Blue-aura-Fenreir

» Blue ascension
Blue-ascension-Fenreir

kind of “high-tech” in terms of visuals, actually.
probably not the usual medieval/fantasy type of spell you’d see in a FE hack, but at least it’s something different for a change~

5 Likes

made a couple things while checking Spriters Resource:

Angelique - bg 00 Angelique - bg 01

also, a mashup of old elements i used before for battle frames, now turned into stats screen:

Astral Stats Screen Fenreir

i’m currently working on other stuff too, trying to figure out how to make some interesting concept by merging 2 mugs at once after getting the idea from Melia.

[edit] here’s the final product of a old mech mug that i reworked, the Gundam R_1:

» full frame

Gundam - R_1 full mug Fenreir

» left/right frames

Gundam - R_1 left frame Fenreir Gundam - R_1 right frame Fenreir

you’ll need to put them next to each other in order to work properly, however the main “active” frame would be the one on the left due to eyes blinking, since the frames on the right are just placeholders.

many thanks to @Melia for the wonderful idea, now i can eventually make some crazy stuff.
well, that’s all for now. see ya~

5 Likes

"Gotta go fast, gotta go fast~
Gotta go faster, faster, faster, faster, faster!"

Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic Fenreir Sonic the Hedgehog - Tails Fenreir

Sonic and Tails taken from their respective GBA titles, with minor edits here and there to fit the hackbox.
kind hard to work on the mouth/eyes frames due to cartoony sizes, so yeah, they’re pretty much placeholders and they’ll stay like that for the time being.

7 Likes

Elden Ring is pretty hype bois, so here’s my take on Malenia “Blade of Miquella”:

Elden Ring - Malenia Fenreir

half spliced, half customized, half edited.
it’s a weird mashup indeed, but oddly enough i’m quite satisfied with the result.

off to the Erdtree we go~

13 Likes

i guess i could post some more stuff i discovered on Spriters Resource.
here’s a bunch of edited backgrounds from SNES games such as Gundam and ̶d̶a̶m̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶O̶b̶s̶i̶d̶i̶a̶n̶ …Sailor Moon. don’t ask, don’t judge.

brace yourself though, because by bunch i actually meant a lot. first the link to the .zip file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SDCAuYQ6fmKBRboo4jxHV3-YHN0Xf0wX/view?usp=sharing

then, the previews as usual:

» SM battle bgs
Sailor Moon SNES Battle bg 00 Sailor Moon SNES Battle bg 01
Sailor Moon SNES Battle bg 02 Sailor Moon SNES Battle bg 03
Sailor Moon SNES Battle bg 04 Sailor Moon SNES Battle bg 05
Sailor Moon SNES Battle bg 06 Sailor Moon SNES Battle bg 07
Sailor Moon SNES Battle bg 08

» SM convo bgs
Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 00 Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 01
Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 03 Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 02
Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 04 Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 05
Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 06 Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 07
Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 09 Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 08
Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 10 Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 11
Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 12 Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 15
Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 13 Sailor Moon SNES Convo bg 14

» Gundam battle bgs
Gundam Battle bg 00 Gundam Battle bg 01

» Gundam convo bgs
Gundam Convo bg 04 Gundam Convo bg 03
Gundam Convo bg 02 Gundam Convo bg 01
Gundam Convo bg 00

well, i guess i’m finally done in terms of GBA and SNES related stuff for the time being.
i might explore again Sega Genesis stuff sometime in the future, but for now i’ll take a break.

enjoy the view~

8 Likes