[FE9-RE][Done!] [FE10-RE][Done!]Rebuild FE9,10 in gba use FE8(Translation HIRING)

yes(dont ask me how to make it)

(u already did lol) thanks i might try this later, i love Ike.

Works perfect.

Adthor and Kanna are the heroes we needed in these dark days.

1 Like

This version is outdated. We are currently in 3.0. 2.3.1 is the original version for public. There are bugs and Laguz unit without exp.

2 Likes

Unless you plan of releasing the most recent version, this is what we got bro

Edit: awesome, thank you

2 Likes

Looks like you didn’t see the dl.

1 Like

Thank you so much for finally providing a download. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The only issue now is that now you’re violating the rules by posting a pre-patched rom. It needs to .ups, otherwise FEU moderation (I’m not a mod) may remove this.

Thanks for letting me know. But we don’t have a .ups file. Let me delete the dl so that finally you guys can’t play it. :thinking:

2 Likes

@Adthor can you help @explosionwolf make his latest version a .ups like you did with your version? (via discord)

Here’s a UPS patch for FE9-re 3.0. Apply to Japanese FE8

(@explosionwolf , feel free to add this to the OP)

9 Likes

My man came through :fist:t4:

1 Like

The hero we needed, not the hero we deserved

3 Likes

Thanks for your help, I will.

2 Likes

What you fools haven’t yet realized is that this was all just a clever ploy to get people working extra hard to search for, download, and play the hack.

You have all fallen for @explosionwolf’s clever ruse. He placed Mirror Force face down, and you attacked it, causing all of your monsters to get destroyed!

…I think the YuGiOh metaphors are breaking down quickly.

15 Likes

For those of you familiar with South Park, this is similar to what is commonly known as the “Eric Cartman Advertising Technique”

3 Likes

Does anyone know how to get FEbuilder to work with Chinese Hacks? FEBuilder opens the hack like normal, but all the details (character info, chapter maps, etc…) are all blank.

This might not be the right place to ask this question, sorry if its out of place

It’s called encryption. Most high quality Chinese hack often have it. It’s used usually to forbid anyone to see in-game files like the sprites, animation, map etc. Possibly to prevent asset stealing or tampering the game for unfair advantages by the player.

Makes sense. Sorry if its a dumb question, I really don’t have any experience with Chinese Hacks

1 Like

So I had a little go, I’ll just paste my notes in spoiler quotes.

Short version: bizarre sound design and unbalanced gameplay, but it’s pretty good considering how ambitious it is. Please don’t mind the overly negative notes, I tend to be pretty mean when I write this kind of thing. I really appreciate the work put in regardless. Also I can’t read Chinese so I can’t comment on the writing, and I played easy, I think.

Notes
Title/Menu
  • Title screen has venus lighthouse music. Odd. Nice artwork though.
  • Bug: It’ll revert to the standard FE8 theme if you go into sound test and B back to the menu/title
Prologue
  • I understand not wanting to produce more original art than necessary, but the pre-rendered scenes in FE9 were bad even on the GC. Here they’re borderline unrecognizable.
  • FE Three Houses main theme is an odd choice, and it never stops except for the battle themes?
  • Ike has armour movement speed lol
  • Random Sakuraba song for the attack, but the original for the defending fights and the boss? The sound design is all over the place.
  • Ike’s scrambled voice gets real old, real fast
  • Greil 2HKOs on easy, and has a crit chance lol
Ch1
  • No music on intro? And then straight into FE10 final map theme?
  • Oh god they all have scrambled voices.
  • Enemy map theme is another bizarre choice
  • Enemies all move from the start?
  • I just noticed that the title screen is a super odd medley of Venus lighthouse > Battle in Augustria, and it also plays for < 1 enemy, and plays into the end screen
Ch2
  • Silent intro again.
  • A full two chapters later I’ve finally recognized the scrambled character audio as Japanese? Is it the FEH lines, I don’t play that in Japanese.
  • The scrambled character audio also lags the game lol.
  • Wait, this whole time you had the original FE9 attack theme and you use it for some random convo with Mist and Rolf?
  • Because almost all enemies charge you immediately, by the time Titania joins you don’t even need her.
  • Bug: The ballista ammo counter shows on certain plains tiles here.
Ch3
  • World map? Actually pretty awesome, shame you couldn’t fix the minimap too though.
  • I see no music in the opening event is standard.
  • Ephraim map 1 for battle prep? And FE9 attack theme for the enemy map? Why not actually use it for the attack theme?
  • The mix of FE5 and FE8 tiles is very jarring.
Ch4
  • Bug: Boss mug has a broken Blinking sprite, his eyes appear over his mouth.
  • The map itself has a lot of tiles that aren’t supposed to go together, i.e. straight edged grass next to paths and vice versa.
  • The item the boss drops looks like a Fire tome, but the description says it’s worth 3000 gold?
  • Also might as well mention it now: Vulneraries look like roast chicken legs.
  • Soren’s Adept has the Vantage icon.
  • Oh it actually is Vantage lol. And it is on 100% of the time.
  • Ike has already hit level 20.
  • Ok, now I see the problem with the event music. You skipped putting in anything music related in the event scripts, so it never stops the previous tracks and never starts its own.
Ch5
  • Bug: Game hangs if anyone waits on the defend tile.
  • Talk about a meat grinder. The smaller map combined with all enemies moving (and as far as I can tell, no reinforcements), makes this map very, very bad. If the game balance didn’t leave some characters effectively invincible this would be a huge problem.
  • Please don’t tell me you used the forest on the left hand side instead of reinforcements to delay enemies.
  • No torch and 2 tile vision is hell.
Ch6
  • Bug: World map loses the ability to mess with items, check for shops etc
  • Mixed tileset trees look super ugly together.
  • The save file change colour to red for no apparent reason.
  • Appreciate giving the player a chance to take Shinon and Gatrie’s stuff in this chapter. There is a function to just dump their inventory into supply tho.
  • I see the stealth mechanic was thrown out the window for almost all enemies charging from the start.
  • Bosses are generally weaker than the standard enemies. This boss was promoted, so he’s the first one that didn’t get ORKO’d
  • Soren of all people got a free Heal staff? Is it for the boss killer? Because it wasn’t a drop.
Ch7
  • The only shop so far has been the backup one with marked up basic weapons in it.
  • Are the key and chest keys where they were in the original? The door key is quite far, and without the option to destroy doors it will really slow the map down.
  • Oh I see a problem here. After being removed from battle prep, Shinon and Gatrie will join again without weapons. Gatrie is very dead.

I stopped there for now, since I basically guaranteed the death of a character that I can only avoid by restarting the entire game.

Something that confused me the entire time was the extra option about Wait. On Titania it lets me change the weapon she can use, which is very bizarre. It’s available to everyone though. I have no idea what this is supposed to be for or if I pressed something wrong.

Overall, not bad, but needs a couple dozen cans of polish.

1 Like