[FE8] The Last Royal [19chapter Complete Hack] [Also has another version T2S with split promos and more!]

Spoilers(?)

How does Cronus get to promote to Assassin?

Spoilers 2: ELectric Boogaloo

He has to get an A support with Fey, and after the convo you get an item. that is his promo item into Assassin.

In That Case...

I think there was a bug with mine then because I don’t recall getting the item in question even though I gave them an A-Support.

I didnt skip it either, so it just strikes me as weird it didnt trigger…

Spoilers 4: It's time to get serious

Apparently the patch was removed somehow, so it’s not there. I should def fix that asap lol

edit: oh the patch was considered old and there’s a new one. lemme fix it

edit2: the A support should be Fey asking Cronus to murder Yen’fay btw, so if you got that convo then it super bugged

v1.2.6 is here, it’s a couple small changes but necessary nevertheless.

Quick rundown: Fey gets Blossom as a skill, her growths change so now she’s better. Braun is also slightly better, Cronus can become an assassin again, Horseslayers hit horsemages properly now.

Detailed 1.2.6 Changelist (also in download link)

FE: The Last Royal
Version 1.2.6 Changelog
8/26/2021

=-=-= =-=-= =-=-= Characters =-=-= =-=-= =-=-=
Fey: New Skill Blossom! (Halves EXP, Doubles Growth Rates)
Fey Growth Rates: Str:15%->25%, Mag: 40%->30%, Skl: 45%->40%, Spd: 40%->25%, Luk: 55%->40%, Def: 20%->10%, Res: 35%->20%

(Fey’s Before vs After Growth Rates with Blossom Activated)
HP: 135%, Str: 15%, Mag: 40%, Skl: 45%, Spd: 40%, Luk: 55%, Def: 20%, Res: 35%
HP: 270%, Str: 50%, Mag: 60%, Skl: 80%, Spd: 50%, Luk: 80%, Def: 20%, Res: 40%

Braun: growth rates: HP:115%->145%, Skl:50%->65%, Res:60%->65%, Luk:40%->50%, Mag:35%->40%

Cronus can now properly (once again) promote into an Assassin after certain conditions are met.

=-=-= =-=-= =-=-= Classes =-=-= =-=-= =-=-=
Female Bishop: Mag Cap 30->34 (to better reflect Fey changes.)

Some Mounted Classes got proper Con/Aid support: (mage knight, valkyrie, dark knight etc)

=-=-= =-=-= =-=-= Items =-=-= =-=-= =-=-=
Horse Slaying weapons now properly effect Horse Mages (Mage Knight, Valkyrie, Dark Knight)

I’m also heavily working on the T2S (Time to Split) version where every playable character can split promo like base FE8. Almost everything is done and I’m just playtesting the last few chapters. Working 12ish hour shifts 5-6days a week got in the way, but it’s still happening!

4 Likes

I’m alittle confused on what all the T2S version will be. Is it the exact same story and everything just that they’ll have split promotions?

Yeah, split promotions for every playable character which means alot of new classes, all bosses also had their job changed since every boss is promoted.

And I tried but it was limited to change every map to a different Palette then the Original, also some new music replacing the old ones. Enemies color changed from red->black including all battle animations.

Also due to a… “Technical” error, all magic animations were reset, so I had to readd them all in. And because I have a shit memory some of them will be different and some are just upgraded. (Lagdou Flux for instance is upgraded to a cooler one.)

=-= but yes, story is the same and final bosses with special classes are the same. This is just for people who like split promos, or just wanted another truck through the game.

Promo Examples: Obvious Spoilers Ahead: Atlas gets a horse, Serene gets a Pegasus. Olivia can cast Anima Magic. So can Alice, Fey can become a Warrior Monk and gets an Axe. Griffons are here, Black Knights who wield Lance+Dark magic, Red Mages who can have Swords/Anima/Staff (hello Thorn).

I have a question, does the Arena in CH 5 count as a unique arena for Jaxon’s Arena Master skill? And if yes, which skill does it give?

Nevermind just checked, the arena gives nothing

Yeah the Ch.4/5 Arena is the same one, and that’s why I had to mention specifically unique arena because that was asked alot

The Last Royal T2S (Time to Split) Version 1.0 is finally out and completed!

So once again, all playable characters can promote into two classes like FE8. Their original class and a different one, most of them are new some are reusued. This also doesn’t stop you from using Horse Seals, or the First Contract.

New Classes include: Spell Blade, Vanguard, Black Knight, Holy Knight, Great Nomad, Sniper Nomad, Wyvern Sage, Red Mage, War Monk, Dragoon.

Of course because players can promote into different classes, ALL bosses excluding Ch.14/16/17/End are a different new class, most wield the same weapon type but some have been changed drastically.

Besides that Map Changes are very minimal, new classes mean new enemies have different more threatening classes. Player sprites are now Purple, Enemies are Black. If the Map could change palette colors I had it changed, some are the same though.

That’s pretty much it from what I remember. Mostly everything should be the same from the v1.2.6 but chances are I missed a few details. If you want another go through the game I’d play this version, but for your first time I’d use the standard one.

Of course thankyou for all the feedback and support you have shown for the hack it means alot!

found a bug. If you recruit Fey before attacking her and then shes attacked she pleads shes not with the golden coin to a golden coin merc.

Kinda funny.

Edit: Is Chapter 5 meant to be that much of a bitch to deal with? I get that technically everything is a bonus objective but with the zodiacs the northern reinforcments on top of wanting to tag the arena for Jax Kill the boss for boots visit BOTH villages it’s a bit much

Again yes all of this is optional but it’s also unreasonable to expect that players WON’T try for all the bonus objectives that’s just the nature of players Implementing a breather wave (Less/No reinforcments) and raising the turn limit by 1 I feel would improve the feeling of the chapter.

It’s not hard but the chapter makes you want to play in a way that will make it hard. And I have over leveled units.

Ch.5 is normally hard yeah, but It’s been changed alot. If you rush the boss and then backtrack asap it should be alot easier.

The Arena is the same one as in Ch.4 because the map is the same just split into top and bottom. So that’s not a Unique Arena so Jaxon doesn’t get a new skill from there unless you missed the Ch.4 one.

Some of the forest tiles are treated as plains in chapter five.

Yeah this is just an awkward chapter for how early in the game it’s pushed on you. Zodiacs have too much hp/stats (though that’s the point) meaning your taking damage attacking them or letting them live.

I have tried just sniping the boss and retreating but that just ends with me being swarmed and losing some of my weaker units especially if i play defensivly since that just means the zodiacs catch up (the bowzerkers and that jackass with the spear being the main culperates)

I Don’t think it’s hard per say but it is too much for where it’s placed you have only one healer so one group goes without healing (well vulneraries) units are heavily grouped and so attack as a large wave meaning unless you kill all of them simultaneously your taking alot more damage due to first attack advantage

I suspect you know all this this chapter is however killing my motivation.

To Clarify it’s a good map I don’t have an issue with it map it’s self just it’s difficulty.

EDIT: FINALLY did it. last turn got crit and survived with 1hp one of the zodiacs with a thunder tome. I mostly stand by what I said my units were over leveled and I still struggled because the zodiacs are too powerful. The spear user will double all your units unless your somehow more over leveled then I was and that’s an instant kill to all but two of my units the only way to deal with that and his two range is with longbows.

I think the zodiacs are strong enough without their 1-2 range weapons there is no leeway for failure when dealing with them and even if you do they have enough move and range to kill the now weakened unit that killed them.

I know it’s intentional and it seems like theres alot of discussion over chapter 5’s difficulty and it’s obvious why if Eli wants to leave it at is that’s also fine and valid.

Edit: Please tell me onyx comes back later he has the angel robe and secret book on him.

I’m not sure if this is a bug but my Atlas isn’t gaining any experience after he has promoted.

Which version are you playing? And what promotion is he?

I’m on version T2S 1.0. He is a silver warlord

Weird I can’t recreate that, but I had a similar issue with Fey being locked at lv22 for no reason in an earlier patch.

Yea, I’m on Chapter 11 right and Atlas is stuck at level 15. I actually promoted him right as I got his promotion item I just only realized now because I have been leveling other characters

Idk what the issue is, but everything I checked seems ok. So it sucks but the way to fix it is probably just restart from before the promo and try it again or at a different level.

Good news is that with Younite Crests he will probably still be viable/ok for the rest of the game. There’s only two sticky parts, but a turn1 mounted rescue can fix it