[FE8] Terror Of The Forest (FINAL CHAPTER OUT)

How much do you have to finish the game? I’ve been following for awhile and I just can’t wait to play from start to finish!

Hi! Thanks for your support, it really means a lot to me!

I suppose I could use this opportunity to explain how I think things will be going :

The only chapter left is the final chapter. This means we’re getting really close to the conclusion of the main story, and you can expect to see the end before Christmas. After this, I will still need to work on some bugs, balancing and especially supports, and I might add some additional content here and there as I see fit!

In short, the end of the main story will be made public soon, but it’ll be a while before the game’s definitive edition will come out!

Alright, quick update :

I’m almost done with the final cutscene, and after that there should technically only be a few little things left (Some optional convos during the final chapter, some battle quotes and the ending slides) before I can consider it done.

HOWEVER

Some of you may have noticed that if you had recruited more than 50 characters, then the characters above 50 vanish from your unit selection screen after one chapter. I have been given a solution for this (Thankfully) , but this solution corrupted my save file, and it is very likely it will corrupt yours, meaning you’ll have to play the game from the beginning to see the end. Once again, I apologize for the trouble.

WITH THAT BEING SAID

I plan to add a few things to make replaying through the game a bit more enjoyable. In particular, I will add two entirely new characters, and I plan to write AND insert some supports into the game.

Thank you all for your patience, hoping to be able to deliver soon!

3 Likes

Is the chapter before the chapter “Without regrets” the final of this version?

No, why? Have you met a bug preventing you from going any further? If so, please tell me what happened so that I can work on fixing this as soon as possible!

Without Regrets is followed by Death Sentence, which is the last playable chapter right now. I think this means you still have 2 chapters to go, then!

Well as soon as i start there are no enemies and when i finish my turn nothing happens im just standing there with no enemies appearing and no turn to end on enemies phase.

During Without Regrets? There’s not even a single enemy? That’s… really weird. I just checked and there’s nothing that could justify the enemies not spawning. I’ll try to look into it in more depth, but I have no idea what could be causing this.

Yes that chapter,which is a 13 turn survival chapter also the chapter target says to guard mansel…i can send a sav perhaps it might help?

Yeah, I’ve noticed I forgot to change the vanilla win conditions that are showcased. The chapter should end when you’ve defeated every enemy, still.

Normally, it should begin with only a boss in front of you, and when you’ve beaten him you can progress and more and more enemies will spawn. So, even if no enemy spawned at the start of the chapter, you can make some appear by crossing the bridge, and getting rid of them should allow you to end the chapter.

I cant get to the bridge cause after my turn the enemies turn doesnt end…and there are also thickets that dont let me go that way

1 Like

I really enjoy the hack~ Only problem for me is the custom music ig. But overall a lovely, charming and atmospheric hack.

But there is one major problem for me right now that caused me to stop playing for a while. I chose hard mode and Im in the chapter “For science”. I try everything but there is no possible way for me to defend Arya. Everything I do ends in defeat. Its hard to fight 10 different enemies with 2 units that are merely capable to fight. Somehow the Hero and Sniper charge in and they mark my defeat everytime. Kind of frustrating.

1 Like

Hey there! I think you’re the same guy who joined the server discord today, aren’t you?

Just in case you’re not, I’m gonna explain a bit : For Science! is, in my opinion, the worst chapter of the hack. I plan on changing one thing or two to make it more bearable, so please wait for the next patch!

Also, do you mind telling me more about the music? I know some have some problem (Fabricated Menace’s enemy phase theme and Trapped in the Snow player theme come to mind), but is there something else?

Yeah I am indeed the same guy :smile: Thanks for answering me so fast!
I have witnessed some looping errors (the ones you mentioned may be the ones I recognized as well) but that isn’t my major problem. Some tracks sound like they are custom made. No issue with that, but I don’t think some soundtracks fit the situation at all. Most prominent example for me are the bits where Sylvester is talking to that princess to tell her his story (basically the first scene). Unfortunately the music is destroying the atmosphere that gets created by your good story writing.

Just my opinion and it’s not like I can be of any help to you cause I didn’t get into hacking yet. thx for consideration and greetings from Maxim/Zhongli :flushed:

Looks like a nice change from vanilla FE.

1 Like

Heloo, i am already play but stuck at without regret Ch19. there are no enemy that shown and kind there is invisible wall and when i end turn its stuck

Using my necromancy magic to bring this thread back to life for the FINAL CHAPTER :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Congrats on finishing the work of the Final Chapter of this hack. 18 months for a completed hack is an impressive feat.

Aha, it’s done! Or at least, it’s playable from start to finish! That’s great to hear, I’ll be sure to give this a full playthrough in the coming days!

-Johnny’s recruitment convo is now unskippable by any means

V_V

I played this up to late game previously before the final patch. I liked the portraits and the unit variety, (I assume you have a giant woman fetish, to each his own.) though I thought the game was a bit too easy at the time. Enemies even in the lategame had some pretty poor stats while my Lucy looked like this: Lucy

Interested in trying the new patch and using some new people.

Thanks! Although, I’ve been working on the hack for much, much longer than that, so I don’t know whether that’s actually impressive or not.

That’d be amazing! Don’t forget to give me as much feedback as you feel like! I really hope you’ll have fun going through this whole mess!

I’m glad you liked the units and their portraits, as I often think characters are the one thing I did best (As in, least bad) in this hack lol. As for the balancing, yeah, I’m not that great for these kinds of things… Although, most characters have been nerfed for this patch, so maybe it’ll be slightly better?
(BTW I put the blame for my fetishes on Ocarina Of Time and later Breath of the Wild with their damn gerudo women. While I’m in no mean ashamed, I did cringe a little while looking back at it and toned it down a little, I hope it won’t be as noticeable now…)