[FE8] Tales of Aetheria and the Otherworlder

Aetheria

Download Link: Dropbox - Aetheria - Simplify your life

Hi guys, I will be making this romhack as my own fun personal project. I got inspired by an old anime called Magic Knight Rayearth and I thought to myself “Hey, why not just make a hack similar to it?” so I dropped my previous romhack concept and started making this one, instead. This will be my first hack so it won’t be extensive. But I’m kind of excited to see where this will lead to.

The hack is currently sitting at 8 chapters, and I’m still planning out the story and contemplating whether or not I should do a route split between the two main characters.

I would appreciate it, if you guys could leave some suggestions and report any bugs. Thank you and have a good night!

Alternate Isekai Title

I got summoned into another world and got attacked by a zombie but I was saved by an axe-wielding knight, and now she claims that I am the hero chosen by the Divines. So, I have no choice but to follow her and save the world of Aetheria.

Summary

A fourteen-year-old girl named Akari finds herself in a fantasy world called Aetheria. Aetheria is slowly being overrun by monsters. Believing she’s been chosen to save the world, she sets out on a long and dangerous task to save Aetheria from great evil and restore peace and harmony once more.

Map and Context

Dark-480x320Bright-480x320
64x64
*I’m also planning to add some world map cutscene events in order to visualize and guide the players on where Akari and her companions are going.
**The locations and landmarks shown here are the places that were visited by Akari, mentioned in the dialogues, and from scene events with the exception of Betroot and Figtree. There will be more areas to be added in the future.

For some context (Not mentioned in the game):

• The map is the whole world of Aetheria. It is some sort of kinda pangea or maybe a giant island thing.
  • Aetheria is a unified realm under the King of Aetheria.
  • There are republican vassals (cities) in Aetheria.
  • Dewewood is just a small barony (sad). It has a military strength of few dozen men.
  • The previous otherworlder is just a simple college student. They weren’t able to reinvent anything from their world to the natives.
Screenshots

Changelog

0.1 - Initial Release:

• 8 Chapters.
  • 28 player characters (13 playable, others remained unusable atm).
  • 6 boss characters (1 encounter, others remained unusable atm).
  • 1 sub boss character.
  • 7 support data.
Credits

Portraits:

• I’m reusing some of my old portraits that were used on my friend’s ongoing romhack (Not yet released).

Background Images:

• FE-Repo Klokinator

Class:

• Lord (Spliced by Puchina, Based on Hector - Vanilla animation by IS.).
  • Great Lord (Spliced by Puchina, Based on Hector - Vanilla animation by IS.).
  • Otherworlder (Spliced by Puchina, Based on Roy - Vanilla animation by IS.).
  • Mercenary (Spliced by Puchina, Based and referenced on [Mercenary-Reskin][F] Skinny Merc by Russell Clark, Orihara_Saki. from FE-Repo Klokinator).
  • Pupil (Spliced by Puchina, Based on Ewan - Vanilla animation by IS.).
  • Porter (Spliced by Puchina, Based on Myrrh - Vanilla animation by IS.).

Music:

• FE-Repo Klokinator.
  • Ichigo’s Sheet Music(?).

Patches:

• Alusq, circleseverywhere, Stan, Hextator, Tequila, and 7743
11 Likes

AYYYYY another magic knight rayearth fan

2 Likes

don’t be weird lol

1 Like

Lol just kidding bro

2 Likes

Haha no! :smiley:

It’s just to pay homage to one of the main characters in Magic Knight Rayearth who is also of a similar age. However, it will remain ambiguous and won’t be mentioned at all in the story.

3 Likes

Rather unusual to have an “isekai”-themed hack. Not really into that concept overall, but I’m curious of it, so I will give it a try once you can post the link to it.

1 Like

Aetheria-3
After the start event, the game glitches out.
However, after switching my emulator from MGBA to VBA, it appeared to work.

2 Likes

So i think there should be a shop or a dropable sword in the 2nd chapter since many like to conserve rapier and also it broke on 2nd chapter since she kept getting attack she was pretty much protect the president in chapter 2 after the rapier broke i just kept her in a fort and let her be miss untouchable lol

1 Like

There’s a rapier drop from the boss Bael spider on Chapter 2 and on a porter character in Chapter 4 so it’s fine to spend the first rapier. But I’ll make sure to add a droppable sword (probably a slim sword) for her and the mercenary in the first few chapters next patch. I’ve also reduced the base stats (power and skill) of the main lord after playtesting so she ended up using way too much of the rapier since she can’t reliably OHK enemies anymore (She’ll get overpowered anyway). Thank you for pointing it out.

I had the worst rng but crazy luck quite literally. She is superlucky but lacky

petition to rename chapter 6 as the green unit massacre. (Joke) . All died in a single turn lol what kinda knight are they at least live 2 turns so i can use as bait.

Anyways i will continue tommrow from chapter 6

Review time
So the game is well made and is deffinately on the easier side since one lord is absolutely unkillable while other is a untouchable god one can just keep them in a forest and hit rates are around 20-40 did this though out chapter 1-3.
Chapter 4 or 5 was really sad i could not steal the skill book as i was late thats on me. But to have a stealable on a boss is a good was to make players go on offense though they wont know he has one if they dont go to top left so may be making the boss move in last 2 turns players cant say they didnt expected it as classic survive tactic and other rom hack do so infact i was very much expecting it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the review and feedback. I’ll make sure to improve some stuff on the previous chapters for the next patch.

As for the main lord (Akari):
Her growth on luck is almost a guarantee (100) and her speed growth is also high (70ish) but the rest of her stat growth is painfully below-average even worse compared to a regular lord like Eirika and probably also Roy. So it is definitely not from a bad rng.

1 Like