[FE8] Skill System v1.0 - 404 skills done, more on the way

Where do I check unit groups ?

Is the skill “Great Shield” completely equivalent to (“Pavise” + “Aegis”) (aside from the different activation method) or there are cases covered by (“Pavise” + “Aegis”) that are not covered by “Great Shield”? (Let’s consider the case of 100% skill activation)

They are pretty much the same

@Alice: Thanks for the answer! I ended up testing this myself and yes, they’re the same. Both (“Pavise” + “Aegis”) and “Great Shield” (assuming 100% activation rate) prevent all damage from both Physical and Magical damage, but neither of them stops status effects. (like “Sleep”, “Silence”, etc.)

By the way, does anybody know what happens if you already have 6 active skills (1 personal, 1 from the class and 4 learnt) and you equip a weapon which has an inherent skill active? Are All 7 skills still active? Is the weapon skill ignored? Does the weapon skill preempt one of the other 6 skills?

You still get the skill’s effect.
You can technically have 11 skills active at once:

• 1 personal skill.
  • 1 class skill.
  • 4 learned akills.
  • 5 item skills (5 passives or 1 equipped and 4 passives).

Though item skills don’t show up on the stats screen.

@Contro: Thanks for the info, that’s very useful to know!

Ah, regarding the difference between passive and active skill, is there actually some data to set to make them either active or passive, or does that depend only on whether the item (weapon or not) is actually equipped? To put it in another way, if I give a weapon a skill, without setting any particular flag, is the skill always active on the character that has the weapon on his inventory, regardless of the fact that he equipped it or not?

The passive boosts item bitflag sets an item to grant a skill as long as it’s in your inventory.
If it’s not set for an item, the item would need to be equipped for the skill to apply.

Ok and that’s the same flag used to have the item passively apply stat boosts? If I remember correctly (can’t check now) the description of that flag talked only about stat boosts, but it affects item skills too?

Correct.

Ok, thanks again for the explanation!

Also, you should keep in mind that activation skills have a certain priority. The higher they are in the skills list, the higher priority they are. You can change this order with a custom build. And some skills can activate within others, but others can’t.

For example, If you have 100% rate for adept and Aether, and Adept is higher, Adept will always activate, but Aether won’t.

And Sure Shot can activate during Astra, but not during Adept

Thanks, that’s good to know! When you say “higher in the skill list”, do you mean when they have a lower id? Or what? What is the priority list ordered by?

Yes, the IDs. This is predetermined if you just install skillsys through, FEB, and you can change the order if you do a custom build

Where should I report a bug? I think there may be a problem when promoting units that have no mean to attack, the bug is easy to reproduce by trying to promote any staff user. It will start a combat loop against itself. Apologies for any mistakes, English is not my native language.

1 Like

@Mokha the SkillSystem version of the ClassChgExpansion patch isn’t up to date.

2 Likes

Thanks, turn it off solve the problem

copy that

2 Likes

Fixed
FireEmblemUniverse/SkillSystem_FE8 (github.com)

6 Likes

I’ve been trying to install Transmute, but it effectively makes itself and Armor March useless

Hey guys, how about some more skill concepts:
1st, to complete the elemental <100% hp skills:

*Seaccentric: Wind disciple except you gain the hit instead of avoid.

*Gaia bastion: Fiery blood, except you reduce the damage you take instead.

Finally, how about some skills to interact with water terrain?

*Swimmer: water terrain move = (con/4) + 1

*Tide rush: if user’s terrain = water: AS + 2 and +10 hit (basic skill for unpromoted)

*Wave sweeper: if user’s terrain = water: unit attacks twice.