[FE8] Skill System v1.0 - 404 skills done, more on the way

Did you forget that time ago I made an icon sprite for the exp share Item ?
You can use it on the skill icon imo v:

I figured the item icon and the skill icon would be different. I’m not sure if the exp share icon makes sense in the fe world for icons, so I thought I’d just leave that decision making to the artist.

For pokemblem I am intending to put it on an equippable item and will use the icon for that, of course.

2 Likes

Here’s my attempt at an EXP Share skill icon

5 Likes

Also, I had this idea for a new skill

Protector: If an ally within 2 tiles cannot counterattack, unit deals +2 damage.

Detailed explination of how it works:

• Unit who has the skill Protector is Unit A. If another Unit B who is allied to Unit A (Be it a player unit, or a green/yellow army unit) is unable to counter attack any of the enemies in their (Unit B’s) range due to their equiped weapon (Or lack-there-of), Unit A will gain +2 true damage.

Examples:

• Protector will will trigger if an ally unit is within 2 tiles, that ally has a 1 range weapon equipped, and there’s at least 1 enemy that can target that ally from 2 range or further OR at 1 range, but the enemy can negate counter attacks (Like with the Dazzle skill)

It’s too easy to abuse like that - you could freely store and withdraw your weapons from supply without losing an action, for example.

Pretty sure that you lose an action if you store or withdraw from the convoy. And it’s only +2 damage, not too OP

Hey guys, noob here with newbie questions. How exactly do I define which skills Nihil is going to negate? It can cause crashes if a unit with this skill gets attacked from a 3-range enemy with either the Tome Range+ or the Bow Range+1 skills, so I want to exclude these from the list, wherever it is.

1 Like

There is a patch in FEBuilder that allows you to specify which skills are negated by Nihil

1 Like

I’m using a custom build, so it ain’t that simple.

Negated skills are set here:

They used to be set slightly differently and custom build probably uses the old version, but it’s in the same file regardless

1 Like

By the way, I found roughly 30 of the newer skills that are currently not in the Nihil’s list of negated skills. Should I make a PR?

2 Likes

There’s something wrong with the skill scrolls in the current version of the skill system (v1.2.1). If you send a skill scroll to the convoy, save and close the game, then boot up the game and load your save, the scroll will be of a different skill altogether. I noticed this issue when I sent a scroll with the skill ID 9C to the convoy, and upon restarting the game, it had become skill ID 1C.

This is a known issue and Vesly already has a fix for it in Pokemblem that needs integrated still; for the time being, any skill with an ID of 0x7F or below should work properly

2 Likes

Hey, I checked fire emblem 8 with skills on FEbuilder and I noticed that from 8B to FE everything looks like it’s corrupted, there isn’t any descriptions on it, only the name of the skill, what’s up with that ?

If you mean the patch in the OP, it’s old enough that those skills don’t exist. If you just want to play FE8 with skills, GitHub releases each contain an FE8 with skills patch from the time of the release, but if you’re after a project base, .ups patches are not a supported or recommended installation method.

Nihil does not work as a passive skill. At least on the current version of SkillSystems on FEBuilderGBA. If it’s on an item or a weapon it doesn’t negate any enemy effects. If it’s on a unit it works as intended though.

1 Like

NIhil works correctly on items and weapons on master. FEBuilder skill system issues should be directed to FEBuilder’s thread.

1 Like

I first mentioned it in the FEBuilder Discord and they told me to post here XD

Hey, I’ve reached chapter 6 Victins of war and for some reason all of my units have +X or -X

Can anyone help me here ?

Usually this happens when you load too many units in the same unit group. I was under the impression this was already fixed on master, so maybe you’re using an outdated version? Regardless, 15 is a safe number of units, so break up your unit groups and this won’t happen.