[FE8] Skill System v1.0 - 404 skills done, more on the way

I see, so breaking up the push skills should fix this particular problem? Sorry, I wasn’t sure how to parse out the exact lines it was refrencing

I believe I may have found a bug in SkillSystems. Using the “PassiveBoosts” feature, I was making items that gave magic bonuses. Unfortunately when I assigned the stat boost to magic, the change is not displayed on the character screen.

A report.7z is attached:

I think this is a bug in SkillSystems because it doesn’t work with the latest version of skilltest.

The stat index on passive mag boost is improperly set to the same as con (7), while the getter for normal stat boosts uses a higher index (9). A PR with the fix has been made.

3 Likes

Thank you for responding so quickly! For whatever reason FEH Builder will not allow me to activate the patch. Is there a way to fix this or must it be applied manually? I am not familiar with how to work with these patches.

It is not a passiv booster.
Patch for regular stat booster.
And you have already applied that patch.

cool.
I confirmed that it works.

I will make a patch for FEBuilderGBA later.

2 Likes

I apologize, I don’t think I understand. After testing the item still does not display the stat changes on the stat screen. I don’t believe I have applied any patch concerning stat boosters.

If you have the skill system installed, the passive boosters are already integrated with it. Sme seems to already have made a fix for the Mag stat boosters, so just give 7743 some time for him to import it to FEBuilder.

:hector:

In the future, questions about the FEBuilder patch menu would probably be better off in the FEBuilder thread, though. Better to keep this thread clean for skill system stuff, makes it easier to browse.

I made a patch.

Fix Passiv Magic StatBooster Glitch for SkillSystems 20200223
6 Likes

After the Skill System update and the strenght/magic split, we encountered a problem regarding healing staves. Basically, even though, for example, the range of Physic is determined by the magic stat, the amount of healing does not scale on magic but rather on strenght, for all staves. And I can’t understand why. Is there someone here that could help us?

strength and magic are literally the same stat in vanilla
If this is happening then it probably means that whoever did the str magic split forgot to update the routine for calculating the amount healed by staves to make it get the new magic stat.
either that or you somehow broke something

If that really is the problem then you can use this to change what stats are used to calculate the heal amount

If you use this and change the second pointer to whatever the mag getter is then it should work

I can certainly try, but we tried on a “clean” ROM, and it was working normally

Yeah i just checked and it seems to be working properly in the default skill system
So you probably broke something on your end?
I recommend checking to see if you made any edits to the routine for doing the heal amount

Where exactly do we have to look for that?

Also, do you think the first method you suggested could work anyway, even though the problem is in our ROM?

If you’re already familiar with asm the routine for getting the heal amount is at 0x16fb8; you can compare the routine from your rom to the routine from a clean rom to see what has been altered

iirc if you’re using build files you can use ASSERT or PROTECT to figure out what is trying to edit the routine

and i don’t really use febuilder but i assume it has a thing for keeping track of the edits you’ve made

Yes, I believe it should still work

thank you, we’ll try.

So regarding this

We always used FEBuilder for everything, we know nothing about asm. So, we don’t really know how to do what you told us.

If it’s not suspected that this is a Skill System bug now, then this is pretty off topic for this thread. :frowning:

2 Likes