[FE8] Skill System v1.0 - 404 skills done, more on the way

Kirb and Leonarth both have their own working versions as far as I know.

1 Like

Yeah I was referring to Kirb and Leo’s. I don’t think Leo’s is public (but he’s nice and would probably provide as long as you ask nicely), Kirb’s I think is included within GFE1R (Of which the source (or at least some snapshot of it) is available). Both of them are pretty old tho I think and therefore probably won’t integrate well with the current skill system without edits.

2 Likes

Mine is pretty old, it does have support for both equipped items and items you just have in the inventory though, either way if you are working with FEBuilder it’s going to be trouble working with these, if you don’t want to worry too much about it I would say just wait for something like it to make it into febuilder, it’s a pretty simple thing but since it changes the skill getter it doesn’t work with the newer versions (I assume)

Edit: wait, not the getter, the checker, I guess, it’s been a long time lol

1 Like

My main issue with item skills is that you either don’t display them or you have to change the stat screen around a lot to compensate, in which neither solution is very elegant. Especially if you consider held item skills could lead to a possible 11 skills at one time.

I am using the latest version of the Skill System from GitHub (I ran MAKE HACK_full) and there seems to be a small problem with the displayed HP growth. I did check the last couple of posts here and the issue page on GitHub and I could not find any mention of this, so here it is:

myrrh
As you can see, even though Myrrh normally has an HP growth of 130, the rate is displayed as only 30 HP. It’s probably just a visual error and not a problem with the skill system per se, but I hope it’s alright to report it here regardless.

Apologies if this already a known issue or the result of me doing something wrong.

It was an already known issue, but kind of forgotten about/assumed fixed until just now so thank you for reminding us of it. It should be fixed on master now.

(It was fixed way back in CCB1 (aka VBA) but was never actually ported to the skill system proper until just now).

Are there plans to make an easier way to port it without porting Boss Rush?

Delete the boss rush map and events and replace them with your own. The Skill System buildfile is meant to be a base for buildfile projects.

If you are using FEBuilder, boss rush should already not be there.

Does Lumina and Shadowgift work, or are they just for display?

Nevermind, I tested it.
I think it would be cool to be able to make a “list” of dark and light magic, kind of like with the anima triangle patch. Someone could use that in conjunction with some editing of the original weapon ranks to create a magic system akin to the Tellius series.

Maybe something to think about?

I didn’t see this in the issues section on Github, so mentioning it here. The debuff overflows if more than 16 units load at once in 1 event, evidently this is a problem that was fixed in the past, but its back again.

The loaded units are what overflow into the debuffs, debuffs don’t overflow.

Lumina and Shadowgift work by just giving you a weapon rank, they will work for any weapon of that type as long as there’s no missing locks.

I really don’t understand what you mean or want, why would you want to make lists?

I was just wondering if it was possible to make kind of a Tellius magic system using the skill system. Although in retrospect, that idea sounds pretty dumb. Nevermind me.

By Tellius magic do you mean the Anima triangle within the magic triangle? Because Snakey has already developed a patch to implement this (and I think he recently made it compatible with skill system as well).
Should be in this thread:

1 Like

It’s done but not quite released yet. This will be released as an update to the skill system along with similar compatibility fixes. I’m still working on those other conflict resolutions, but the update will likely be out within… a week?

Though here, do you mean being able to define a list of tomes you can use with lumina/shadowgift akin to defining FireList, etc? If that’s an option you want to have, I could probably add that for you alongside my other edits.

Yeah, that would be cool.

These lists already exist, they’re just every weapon that’s light or dark respectively? This seems like an attempt to repurpose them into a general weapon lock skill, which I don’t think is within the bounds of those skills specifically.

I thought they just allowed for every light/dark tome. If I would add this, it would be as an option in “Engine Hacks/Config.event”.

That’s what it does, it allows every dark/light tome, which is what Sme said.

I really don’t understand why you would want them to NOT give every dark/light tome, that’s literally what the skill does, it gives you a dark/light rank, anything else just doesn’t make sense to me.