This is a rom that randomizes itself - meaning that no two playthroughs will be alike!
Tactician name as seed value
Random classes for players and enemies
Random Growths (& Bases)
Random Personal Skills
Random Weapon Stats
Random Chest and Event Items
Palettes That Might Be Janky Because That’s Part Of The Charm
- Options for max and min growths per run, NOT COMPATIBLE WITH PREVIOUS VERSION SAVES
- Option to prevent playable characters from randomising into monsters
- Random map music option
- Random Class Skills option: Shuffles all learned skills per class! (innate skills e.g. Canto/Shove not shuffled)
- Skill Scrolls (learn a random skill) added to drop list and prep screen shop
- Amnesia Scrolls (forget a learned skill) also added
- Thracia Mode! Put "776" somewhere in your seed to give everyone Capture, set Hit to 1RN and between 1-99!
- Stats no longer overflow/underflow (e.g. demon king HP)
- Dancers and Bards animations don't crash if they double
- Flashy mode now works in vanilla! (all boss kill attacks show the critical animation)
- All items can be sold or discarded
- Debuffs now clear properly between chapters
- Scripted battles end correctly when one character dies
- Nosferatu and Devil Axe fixed in Vanilla Mode
- Skills learned per class redistributed to reflect the new skills available
- Wary fighter removed from dancers/bards since it doesn't crash any more
- When forgetting a skill, you can press R to see the skill description
- Fixed various Capture glitches
Other useful things:
- Press Select at the stats menu to view stats/growths
- You can buy a lot of useful things at the prep screen armory
- Hold L to toggle battle animations on/off
- Hold A to speed up battle animations (and B to pause them)
- Press Select to view Danger Zone
- You can shove/drop/etc onto most terrain, useful if you're stuck
- Use the Konami code if you're really stuck
- If you plant the right seed you may find it sprouts into a secret game mode
- Press R on the Donate to Circles screen to find out how to donate
Trying to back out of the unit menu after doing a Talk/Support can show the conversation again
I’d like to report that I encountered a situation where Franz would freeze the game whenever he targets or is targeted for an attack. I forgot to screenshot it unfortunately, but the only thing unusual of him that I can remember was the skill he had. Down with Arch, I think? Something like that. If it happens again on this other save I’ll test it more.
Update: classes are now randomized by chapter and game - resetting chapter will no longer change the class of your units, and all units of a class within a chapter will become the same new class, to avoid the map sprite vram limitation. Also fixed a couple other minor things.
Eirika’s Rapier was droppable once, for some reason. Not too much of an issue though, it went away when I went to Chapter 1. Same happened to Gilliam just now as well. This is neat to play around with, faster than randomizing normally at least. 1d12 sounds like a fun skill.
EDIT: The Seth-Eirika support displays the Adept description. From the support log seems like a lot of supports are like this, I guess it’s part of the patch.
EDIT 2: Didn’t grab a picture, but an Enemy Thief stealing an item doesn’t have the blue background when it says “The [item] was stolen”
Seems like village destruction is tied to the specific AI of the enemy, and the myrmidons probably replaced the usual pirates. Interesting
Handaxe animation seems kind of off. The guy still has his axe after he throws it.
Other than that, the only thing I really noticed is the lack of promotion items in enemy inventories. I guess because they are randomized and you can buy Master Seals in the battle prep armory anyway.
EDIT: Didn’t notice any droppable door keys from anyone. This results in basically no door keys since all/most of them are droppables from enemies that will get randomized inventories. Mainly a problem on Eirika Chapter 14 if Colm isn’t alive and there are no staffers to use Unlock.
EDIT 2: Just a personal thing but I think I can still progress by grinding in the Tower of Valni to raise the money to promote Shaman Cormag. Oof
EDIT 3: Promoted Cormag into a Summoner but he can’t summon though he has the skill.
EDIT 4: Rennac is a Druid. Maybe because he comes as a Rogue and not a Thief